Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

And.. I notice that she has the gap fillers for behind the knees when in Fighter mode where the Zero-D does not.. (apologies if this has been noticed already.. im not flicking through all the previous pages again..) -_-

Apologies accepted :p

Also, does anyone know if those little triangles to cover the backs of the knees fold in or something? Otherwise, how the heck are the arms supposed to get past those? They barely lift high enough on the 0D to avoid scraping all the paint off the underside of the wing glove (where the original was molded in color <_<)

I don't think the little triangles fold in any way, but looking at my 0D they shouldn't be a big nuisance during transformation. I mean it is already a bit difficult to move the arms around but those triangles shouldn't make it harder.

And why would you even fold them out in battroid? I can't even begin to imagine why they thought those are necessary.

I guess they thought it looks better that way in fighter mode and that, considering most fans display their valks in that mode, we'd be grateful for that.

Maybe they actually aren't in the way? It's hard to tell, but I seriously doubt you'll get the arms past those without completely detaching the legs. The arms just don't lift that high off the backplate, and it looks like they'll directly interfere with getting the shoulder joints into their recesses. I'll be interested to see how it works.

I also wonder why they arent on the 0D though. Those pieces should be identical.

I guess I'm just surprised that they suddenly decided that those joints should be covered in fighter. I keep mine in fighter almost exclusively, but I don't think I've ever given a single thought to the backs of the knees being exposed.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm a bit bummed that they didn't include these covering pieces on the 0D now, because they would have been more useful than on the 0A since that piece is almost totally covered by the additionnal legs' fuel tanks anyway. It's another bummer for the 0D since the 0A also has that covering hinged piece for the gap on top of the torso too. I've no idea why they couldn't add these two features on the 0D too, maybe they rushed the release and kept adding features to the molds later?

However the coloring looks good on the new 0A, and Arcadia got the cockpit framing in the right grey color on this one.

I cant recall if the Zero's had gun straps in the anime but regardless i think the straps look cool. :)

Im sure they would have designed those triangle gap fillers with enough clearance for the arms to swing out. From the photos it looks like there is just enough room to do so. I really like that they have included them for this bird! That little gap always made the VF-1 & Zero-D look unfinished.

The pics of this lovely machine just convinced me to double my pre-order to 2x! =D hehe who knows at this rate it might even make it to 3x! ;)

Edited by spanner76

I also wonder why they aren't on the 0D though. Those pieces should be identical.

I guess this is no more than an afterthought.

I guess I'm just surprised that they suddenly decided that those joints should be covered in fighter. I keep mine in fighter almost exclusively, but I don't think I've ever given a single thought to the backs of the knees being exposed.

I agree. Even more: if your VF-0 has the SP on, those joints aren't very visibly at all. On the other hand, I've never liked those joints very much for they make it evident they belong to a pair of legs, so if the covers don't interfere with the transformation I welcome the changes.

If they interfere with the transformation I'll grab the dremel and cut them away.

:lol:! I like that attitude!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks for the head up, now to decide should i get 1 or 2.

"davidwhangchoi" thanks for informing about the Fedex economy shipping service from Biginjapan, my mind was so stuck at their EMS only statement.

i'm in the same boat, i haven't been on lately bc getting out of work late but hopefully i'll decide soon

Damn, I can't wait to get this. It will be a nice contrast to the Yamato versions. The color difference is all the more reason to hold onto the Yamato version, even though the Arcadia version blows it away.

And.. I notice that she has the gap fillers for behind the knees when in Fighter mode where the Zero-D does not.. (apologies if this has been noticed already.. im not flicking through all the previous pages again..) -_-

G'day mate!

I mean... good eye mate!

It seems more ppl like the color of the A in the pre-release pics than they did for the D! Now Arcadia will go screw it up and actually release it in a different color again! Hehe! Hoping not of course..

Yea it'll probably come out in low vis gray

If I could post in Japanese I'd tell them to keep the colors exactly as is.

They would reply, "Of course! Yes!" And then...

it'll probably come out in low vis gray

...that will happen. :p

However it comes out, I'll likely be fine with it. I LOVE how it looks right now, but I'll be fine with darker gray too.

Edited by eriku

Is it me or do those panel lines on the legs look un-characteristically deep for the current generation of Arcadia toys? The last two (YF-19 & VF-0D) the panel lines were so shallow (or inconsistent) that they hardly held any wash. These deep troughs remind me of my previous generation Yamato VF-0. Even the legs on my VF-OD now is so much shallower - wouldn't they have just used the same leg piece?

Is it me or do those panel lines on the legs look un-characteristically deep for the current generation of Arcadia toys? The last two (YF-19 & VF-0D) the panel lines were so shallow (or inconsistent) that they hardly held any wash. These deep troughs remind me of my previous generation Yamato VF-0. Even the legs on my VF-OD now is so much shallower - wouldn't they have just used the same leg piece?

The panel lines definitely look deeper, but I remember that they also looked deeper on the VF-0D prototypes too. Maybe Arcadia manually deepens the panel lines on their prototypes since they have to be painted by hand?

Speaking of which, does anyone know why Yamato moved onto these microthin panel lines years ago?