Hi-Metal R

joppewo

21 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yamato also did DYRL and HMR is also so the list should be significantly larger because those releases will slow their progress to getting all the TV releases issued. 

VT1 (teased)

VE1 (teases)

N-ger 

Qrau (blue and red of course)

Regult (green)

3x VF-1A

VF1S Max

Is that it? 

pretty much.....the DYRL "set" is actually closer to becoming a reality, as they have already teased all of the unique DYRL molds with the exception of the Q-Rau....all of the VF-1A's are just repaints....same for the Regults...

I'm thinking they will do the hybrid Q-Rau..... the question is will they adapt a DYRL type for the TV version or adapt a TV type for a DYRL version?  I'd personally prefer a 100% TV version.

queadluun-rau-milia_small.gif queadluun-rau-dyrl-milia_small.gif

As of now, it seems the TV N-Ger could end up being the only one who will not get any love...the TV and DYRL versions are just too different to try to come up with a hybrid version.....maybe someone can use photoshop to show what a DYRL N-Ger would look like in TV-style colors.......although they did offer the TV N-Ger as a "voting" choice.....only time will tell I suppose....

nousjadeul-ger-dyrl_small.gif   nousjadeul-ger-kamjin_small.gif

46 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

I at least want a lil' babby YF-21, and if I'm really to aim for the stars in my wishes, an SV-51. 

Well, Bandai did tease several VF's for their HM-R line from other Macross shows during their "shock and awe" event a few years back.......

IIRC, the last one that they gave a closer look at was the VF-2SS.....so there is definitely a good chance that the HM-R line will continue with VF's from other Macross shows eventually....

My wish would be a 1/35th VF-1J to celebrate SDFM's 35th anniversary....However, DYRL's 35th will be in 2019 and I would be happy to wait for a 1/35th VF-1S Hikaru Strike! :rolleyes:

But since we are wishing......why not both? ^_^

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Are you referring to just enemy mecha?  If so, then yes...amazing to think that we may actually get to see them released...and that we just technically need the N-Ger and Q-Rau to have at least one version of each of the enemy mechs.  The Regult missile parts seem likely to be released, but not sure if as parts or entire new Regults.  Not so sure about the Regult Scout, but still hopeful.

My only concern at the moment is the lack of a prototype for the HMR VF-1D, which IMO, would be a major omission from Bandai if it were not released.  I am hoping maybe Bandai will tease it sometime this year, perhaps at their next Tamashii event.

SDFM's 35th Anniversary is turning out to be great for fan's of the original show.....a complete set of Destroids in more or less the same scale was a dream just a few years ago...now it looks like it is coming true.  Great time to be a Macross collector!

I'm almost 100% certain the heavy regult will be the entire figure. Fiscally, it doesn't make sens to only release add-on parts for it.

Because the VF-1D is a trainer which has two seats similar to the Elint and Ostrich, it could come out when those do. I doubt Bandai will pass it up as it shouldn't be a difficult remould for them.

It's a real shame Yamato couldn't complete their destroid line in 1/60. :(

26 minutes ago, Tober said:

Because the VF-1D is a trainer which has two seats similar to the Elint and Ostrich, it could come out when those do. I doubt Bandai will pass it up as it shouldn't be a difficult remould for them.

I thought the VF-1D 2 seater was same level seats with no hump and the VE-1 and VT-1 had a raised theater seating with hump? I can see doing a Virgin road or CF along with the VF-1D though

22 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think they should do a regult reissue concurrent with a release of a scout regult and package the heavy and light missiles with the scout. 

This!!! So much this!  Then give me my TV Q Rau - plllleeeaaaasssseee Bandai!!! 

I think they should just release scout and missile variants all individually as complete packages so we don't have to piece things together and just buy the versions we want in the quanity we want them.

And they can also reissue the regular Regult and the Armored Valk please!

Edited by Slave IV

In a perfect world, sure, but I want the scout to be made and I think there might need to be an incentive to get people to buy it. It's like the Glaug... I don't see much army building potential to offset the reduced demand for the obscure mech. I would also be okay with the missile parts being included with a N-Ger or other oddball. 

They've done the Glaug which is one of my favorites, but I'm going to be extremely pissed if they don't offer at least the DYRL? N Ger! !!! The have teased this mold. Hope it's not vaporware because it's my favorite enemy mech.

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

They've done the Glaug which is one of my favorites, but I'm going to be extremely pissed if they don't offer at least the DYRL? N Ger! !!! The have teased this mold. Hope it's not vaporware because it's my favorite enemy mech.

I think you are in a better position than someone who is a TV N-Ger fan.

1 minute ago, Big s said:

Try the cosplay material that's super thin with a rubbery side and the other side like fabric. It's surprisingly stretchy and comes in many colors. Also light doesn't show through.

Are you referring to pleather? Any link for that Cosplay material would be nice. ;)

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think you are in a better position than someone who is a TV N-Ger fan.

You're right at least they've shown the DYRL? prototype. I also want the TV ver but no one seems to care for it:unsure:

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

My only concern at the moment is the lack of a prototype for the HMR VF-1D, which IMO, would be a major omission from Bandai if it were not released.  I am hoping maybe Bandai will tease it sometime this year, perhaps at their next Tamashii event.

So true. The lack of a VF-1D prototype is disappointing. I need one for my 1/100 collection. I'm even starting to consider getting a Toynami VF-1D, or building a 1/100 model kit of it...

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

You're right at least they've shown the DYRL? prototype. I also want the TV ver but no one seems to care for it:unsure:

The Matchbox Male Power Armor was the only Robotech/Macross toy I had when I grew up, so I reeeeeally want a modern take on the TV N-Ger. You're not the only one.

29 minutes ago, hachi said:

My excitement is tempered by the worry that MyKombini will cancel my HMR Miria order like they did with the Glaug. I hope this time they don't do the paypal BS and just ship it...

not be the the bringer of bad news, but if they cancel your previous order for the same reason , I'm pretty sure they will cancel the other one too.:(

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

not be the the bringer of bad news, but if they cancel your previous order for the same reason , I'm pretty sure they will cancel the other one too.:(

Yeah got some link to an HMR Miliia preorder slot then? haha I'm already envisioning another trip to Japan where I do the rounds on second-hand stores looking for an HMR Milia...

28 minutes ago, hachi said:

Yeah got some link to an HMR Miliia preorder slot then? haha I'm already envisioning another trip to Japan where I do the rounds on second-hand stores looking for an HMR Milia...

wish you luck ,but you should be able to find them once release, most likely nippon-yasan since they always buy extras.

Then there's always nin-nin-game,  13190 yen for backup?

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/march-17/20533-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-vf-1j-super-valkyrie-milia-fallyna-jenius-limited-edition-hi-metal-r-en.html