Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, hachi said:

I took a look at the Tamashii page and I'm only missing the VF1S Hikky, the Glaug, the Monster, the CF VF1A, and the VF1J Hikky. These are not must-haves for me though I'm hoping some VF1S Hikky stock turns up online just like how VF1S Roy turned up on HLJ. That 2nd hand Hikky I saw cost 17000 yen and even with a discount I wasn't really willing to pay that price.

the monster and glaug were on sale a while back at a few online sites.  I don't think they sold out that fast. moster at amiami for 16,800yen, cf 6220 yen.  still available

Edited by beatsing

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I always get confused when someone says it's not a must-have but though hoping for stock to turn up. ^_^

barurutor is right I only want to pay MSRP for it.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

They're all must-haves.  B))

large.IMG_1930.JPG.6d1154cef01a4a0ed15c9

gallery_21587_791_173720.jpeg

Haha what a very tempting sight

4 hours ago, beatsing said:

the monster and glaug were on sale a while back at a few online sites.  I don't think they sold out that fast. moster at amiami for 16,800yen, cf 6220 yen.  still available

Yeah I also saw those sales but I was preparing funds for my Japan trip back then so I didn't bite. Glaug now costs about 10k+ new in the physical stores--lowest I could find. I'm hoping it goes lower lol

7 hours ago, beatsing said:

Is this a museum? so nice

It was from a display in Japan for some Macross event. Forgot when. But looks nice to have as a centerpiece, right? Displaying it beside a stair or something. ;) 

3 hours ago, hachi said:

barurutor is right I only want to pay MSRP for it.

I do understand the situation though, don't worry about it. All I was referring too is that all of us here is in that kind of situation and some of us here ended up buying it in marked up price because most of us here can't wait that long for them to restock. Because it's gonna be hard to resist the urge later on if there will be no reissues. ;) 

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

ha, so those are 1/60. I missed so many of those releases. 

Yes sir! It's 1/60's. Looks nice, right? ;) 

16 hours ago, hachi said:

I took a look at the Tamashii page and I'm only missing the VF1S Hikky, the Glaug, the Monster, the CF VF1A, and the VF1J Hikky. These are not must-haves for me though I'm hoping some VF1S Hikky stock turns up online just like how VF1S Roy turned up on HLJ. That 2nd hand Hikky I saw cost 17000 yen and even with a discount I wasn't really willing to pay that price.

The Roy 1S on HLJ was a one time thing since it was a Tamashii exclusive. HLJ usually doesn't carry exclusives and that was a special thing for the holidays. The Hikaru 1S was not an exclusive so it's just based on stock. If it runs out, it's usually out.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

Yeah I also saw those sales but I was preparing funds for my Japan trip back then so I didn't bite. Glaug now costs about 10k+ new in the physical stores--lowest I could find. I'm hoping it goes lower lol

Prices will only be going up...

8 hours ago, hachi said:

Yeah i don't think you will find it for lower than 10 000 yen anymore. It's still lower than msrp though.

9 hours ago, derex3592 said:

*same*...EVERYONE should have at least one Monster and a Glaug! I mean...come on! :lol::p

i got the recipe wrong. 

have a pair of Monsters and Glaugs but not enough CFs and Regults. on the latter, i was holding back beefing up the squadron for when they release missile versions and <fingers crossed> scouts.

19 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The Roy 1S on HLJ was a one time thing since it was a Tamashii exclusive. HLJ usually doesn't carry exclusives and that was a special thing for the holidays. The Hikaru 1S was not an exclusive so it's just based on stock. If it runs out, it's usually out.

Prices will only be going up...

I should have gone to sleep but I wanted to check how many points I had at MyKombini. And behold a Glaug was in stock! You know what happens next...

Now my wallet is very much lighter my inner fiscally responsible conscience is crying I need to work harder now where do I get extra money T_T

At least I no longer have the urge to buy other stuff like the diecast tachikomas. I'm concentrating on Macross from now on (HMRs and the Tomytecs). I'm not even enthusiastic about watching Logan anymore...

2 hours ago, hachi said:

I should have gone to sleep but I wanted to check how many points I had at MyKombini. And behold a Glaug was in stock! You know what happens next...

Now my wallet is very much lighter my inner fiscally responsible conscience is crying I need to work harder now where do I get extra money T_T

At least I no longer have the urge to buy other stuff like the diecast tachikomas. I'm concentrating on Macross from now on (HMRs and the Tomytecs). I'm not even enthusiastic about watching Logan anymore...

You have two kidneys, right? It will still be functional even if you only have one. ;) Right, Spanner? :lol: 

So no upcoming DX's and Arcadia's for you, hachi? ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, hachi said:

Cool and you got a decent price. Makes me feel like a smuck for buying 2 at 12000 yen when they were first released.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You have two kidneys, right? It will still be functional even if you only have one. ;) Right, Spanner? :lol: 

So no upcoming DX's and Arcadia's for you, hachi? ^_^

No Arcadia's, not really desiring a DX...but let's see what happens if they announce Mirage's VF31C DX :D

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Cool and you got a decent price. Makes me feel like a smuck for buying 2 at 12000 yen when they were first released.

Yes it was a good price but still was almost 12k with shipping. It would have been cheaper if I bought it in Japan but after the experience dragging my luggage through snow I have no regrets.

28 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The monster is for sale at amiami for 15800yen. Finally picked one up. I was tempted to combine my order with the 262 but I wasn't sure how that works. Do I pay when all items are ready to ship?

Based on AmiAmi's policy:

"New orders may be combined with existing orders during checkout by selecting the appropriate setting from the dropdown menu.

Please be advised that only the following types of orders may be combined:
In-stock items + In-stock items
In-stock items + Pre-order items scheduled to be released the current month
Pre-order items scheduled to be released the same month
Orders whose payments are not past due

*Our system may allow ineligible items to be combined at the beginning of the month or if an item's release is delayed. Even so, please do not combine such items/orders. We will automatically separate delayed items. Orders in different months that are deliberately combined will be separated between pre-order and in-stock items, and the in-stock order will be marked as past due for payment."

So you can probably add your Monster order with the DX 262 since that's within the current month. But you have to pay the Monster first since 'in-stock order will be marked as past due for payment'.

Based on my last experience with them, I ordered 2 items that's going to come out the same month. But the other one got delayed so they ask for payment for the first one including shipping since the other got moved unto the next month. Which is technically for them, they don't combine releases if the item is coming out the following month even though you ordered it as part of one big order. But either way, you have to pay what's in-stock.

Edited by no3Ljm

6 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Whoa shipping was over 67 000 yen for the monster. Was this what most people paid for shipping to NA?

I hope you have an extra "0" in there. If so then yes, it's a big and heavy item. amiami also has one of the highest shipping rates so it is about what you should be paying. If the extra "0" is not a mistake then I would try to cancel the order, lol.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I hope you have an extra "0" in there. If so then yes, it's a big and heavy item. amiami also has one of the highest shipping rates so it is about what you should be paying. If the extra "0" is not a mistake then I would try to cancel the order, lol.

Yeah typo. :p Actually shipping was  6,740 JPY .

4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah typo. :p Actually shipping was  6,740 JPY .

It'll prolly be a bit cheaper if you combined the Monster and the 262 into one EMS (or even DHL) shipping at ami, instead of separate shipping for each.

Not sure what the weight-limits for EMS/DHL, tho.

Ask Ami how much the shipping-fees will be if you combine them.

Oh, and you won't get charged until all items for the specific month (march/17) are officially released.

4 minutes ago, treatment said:

It'll prolly be a bit cheaper if you combined the Monster and the 262 into one EMS (or even DHL) shipping at ami, instead of separate shipping for each.

Not sure what the weight-limits for EMS/DHL, tho.

Ask Ami how much the shipping-fees will be if you combine them.

Oh, and you won't get charged until all items for the specific month (march/17) are officially released.

But does he need to pay if one item is 'in-stock' like a restock item? Because it wasn't that clear when I was reading Ami's FAQ last night.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But does he need to pay if one item is 'in-stock' like a restock item? Because it wasn't that clear when I was reading Ami's FAQ last night.

For combined items, it does not matter if one or more items are already in stock.

Ami won't send a charge until all items are in stock for that particular month. 

If an item gets pushed into another month (like April) for its release-date, then ami will separate and send notifications about that delayed item and will then charge for the items already in-stock for the month of March.