Hi-Metal R

joppewo

So sheat Fhawk paypal decides to lock my account. Cant use my bank account or echeck. The reason being because just a couple of days ago I made a couple of purchases from AmiAmi with a total worth of $550 Can. Went without a hitch. No issues. What the Fhawk does paysuck do, their so called security protocols lock my account. And knowing how AmiAmi is they wont hold until I fix it or load my CC with the money to purchase it. After 4 long grueling calls with payfawk I 1.Caught them in lies, 2) falsified information and 3) not really giving a ratsassfrakk. Funny not to loose the chance at the monster for which I have been waiting for a long time I went to ebay and got it shipped actually cheaper than AmiAmi. WOW! and the funniest part of all is paysheats processed the payment.

I quickly let AmiAmi know so to continue to do business with them. But man. when I googled paypal sucks this is one of many of funniest videos I saw

LOL! OMG! That paypal video ...so true. Paypal has screwed me in so many ridiculous ways over the years.

Does Paypal get flagged if you spend a large amount in one go? I've been using it for several years now and usually spend $300+ paying for stuff through it every month and I haven't encountered this issue.

not necessarily. But my account was flagged because separate preorders came in from AMIAMI which I paid then they will flag. Its stupid because unlike with the banks and CC companies they will at least ask what were your recent transactions and verify the amounts. Paypal does no such thing. Also, exactly as the cornucopia of vids out there suggest the customer service is utterly useless. They also told me because a payment of $8US $12 CAN for Netflix was going through. Never in the 9 months of Netflix has there been an issue.

Its pretty bad they hold "Your" account hostage. I can understand since they payout first and wait for the funds transfer from the bank but to even limit on echeck? what the heck. Of course paying for the same exact price for the Monster on ebay. No issues! So you can tell their security excuse is all Bullshit

Edited by slaginpit

is it possible that they were having issues getting money from your banking company, affecting many other customers as well? would it have made any difference to have used an existing paypal balance instead of having it pull from your banking account?

There isn't that much wiggle room for the Monster in the Detolf. At least it will keep dust away. Good news is if you got a second Detolf you can place them together have the Monster in one case facing off against your Regults in the case next to it.

is it possible that they were having issues getting money from your banking company, affecting many other customers as well? would it have made any difference to have used an existing paypal balance instead of having it pull from your banking account?

I will never leave a Paypal balance. I am hearing a lot about Google Checkout. AmiAmi emailed me telling me that my item will be cancelled. They wont even wait for me to load my CC. I emailed AmiAmi back letting them know again about my situation and suggesting them to use Google Checkout. They are as about rigid as Paypal. Like my friend that visited Japan. He said they dont give a crap. BBTS on the other hand is very customer friendly and will respond with alternatives and even give you some time. Anyway, screw AmiAmi, I have a running Macro Spreadsheet and looking it at it now I spent close to $4k Can. with them. There are tons of retailers on the net. I really dont understand screwing your customers when there are so many alternatives and pretty small amount of the global community that will spend that kind of money on toys. Oh well. Will now use CC and see if Google checkout. And I have done close to $30k in business with Paypal over the past 15 years.. sooooooooo

Edited by slaginpit

The Hi-Metal R Monster is probably one of the most premium feeling figures I've ever handled in my life, it is pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted, and what I was expecting. There are ratchets everywhere, everything clicks so nice, his legs extend in two places, the few gimmicks they included like opening cockpit are nice, the paint is flawless, the feet are die-cast and incredibly stable. It's just too perfect, it's like it should be illegal how nice it is. I really don't have a single complaint I can think of, even reaching for minor nit-picks I can't think of anything. This thing is glorious, and worth every penny in my opinion. I just can't leave it alone, I mess with it and pose it, then minutes later I feel the urge to mess with it and pose it again. If anyone was worried about the cannons drooping don't, they don't droop, and you don't need the braces. Remember when we all feared we would need the clear braces for the Glaugs arms, and then we totally didn't? Same thing, the figure is fine, the extra clear supports are just for piece of mind, you don't need them, this thing is frakking aces.

Have any more pre-orders for Max gone up since the initial release? I haven't had any of my alerts go off that more pre-orders are available, but have seen the cannon fodder version get more.

Can't wait to have my Monster ship. I am waiting and hoping that the re:edit Iron Man Black and gold suit comes out before I have to ship my stash from HLJ.

I can imagine a 1/60 Regult toy by Bandai to be really cool and not extremely overpriced.

Yeah, but it'll look like those goofy Macross Delta versions....yack! ;)

Regult.jpg

Unless.....they make the silly appendages removable and swappable with regular regult parts??? :rolleyes:

the box art is pure awesome! makes me dread not buying two just to make the complete picture! or maybe I will just go ahead and buy another!

Now you're thinking like a Bandai HMR Macross marketing guru! :p

:)

Thanks for the review. ;)

HMR has the best box art.....

Congrats jvmacross! ;)

I hope the box art is a hint at what to expect in the new year.

Hmmm... Perhaps a Hi-Metal R SDF-1 TV Version? :rolleyes:

Hello jvmacross, is the box has external box covered the box art? Hmmm...looks like I do not have the front cover box (The big NUN logo). :( :( :(

Don't you mean the U.N. Spacy logo? ;)

Just got mine from CDJ, never have I got charged taxes from them but this time around I did 40$ . Oh well

Man, mine arrived through customs on August 1. But CP's tracking says it will take 1 to 12 business days to go from Richmond to downtown. :( I really do hope it arrives tomorrow though.

O.M.F.G!!! Bandai knocked it out the freakin park with this!!! It's just plain AWESOME!!! :hail::hail::hail: And it ain't small!! Best HM-R release so far in my opinion. Just perfect. Tight joints, perfect tampo, perfect paint apps. Bravo Bandai. Bravo! Almost want to buy another one to weather and make look battle worn! .. or just to have two!! :D

Edited by derex3592

I originally had 3 preorders of the Monster. 2 from NY and 1 from Amiami so that I could have 2 to open and 1 to keep MISB. I decided to just have 1 to open and 1 to keep MISB. I don't plan on paying Amiami. Shhh don't tell. :D

Hello jvmacross, is the box has external box covered the box art? Hmmm...looks like I do not have the front cover box (The big NUN logo). :( :( :(

Did you check all 6 sides???

I'm not at home to verify, but it's probably on the bottom of the box...

Edited by Old Man