Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I guess I'm the only one really bothered by the scale of the Monster.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great toy and I can't wait to get my hands on it (hurry up HLJ!!!). But comparing the Monster's cockpit with the VF-1 cockpit and the size of the seats, the Monster is on the small side.

Even by the group comparison lineart pic it should be bigger.

But we finnally get a great toy with a great sculpt!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great toy and I can't wait to get my hands on it (hurry up HLJ!!!). But comparing the Monster's cockpit with the VF-1 cockpit and the size of the seats, the Monster is on the small side.

The scale problem isn't the Monster's fault. The problem is that the VF-1 HMR is approximately 1/88 scale, so it's only natural that it'll make the Monster appear smaller.

gallery_21587_791_356375.jpeg

gallery_21587_791_109050.jpeg

gallery_21587_791_660481.jpeg

Cool. Max teaching them how to swim: "Here, poochie-poochies. Come to papa." :lol: Nice pic btw, sh9000. ;)

This is the last heavyweight import I'm buying for a long time. Shipping is killing collecting.

collecting is killing collecting! :wacko::rolleyes: not just the shipping but everything is slowly becoming very expensive.. for many it will mean being a little more specific with what one chooses to collect. I guess im glad Macross is essentially my only collection hobby.

Nope. IMHO, shipping is ok. Heavy toys means expensive shipping cost. ;) For all we know, it's not the shipping that's killing us, it's HG. HG is the one who's behind all of it. And they've been holing on to that 'property' for so long. :angry:

in that review it shows some clear plastic braces for the main cannons.. does that mean there might be a floppiness issue? :unsure::rolleyes:

Nah. Probably it's more like 'just in case' kind of thing. Remember the booster stands that came with the VF-19 Advance? Same thing. Mine is still tight so I haven't used the stands. Be thankful that they thought of it before customers ends up blaming them for it for having 'loose cannons' toys. ^_^

Bandai would never release a toy that's a floppy mess.

Really? They don't? :rolleyes:

What about the VF-171 CF? Before that, the V1 VF-25. :ph34r: Unless ofcourse, you're just being sarcastic about it?! Hahaha! lol :lol:

Really excited for the monster. It'll be my first ever macross toy, first mecha toy actually. Any ways while browsing eBay I found a listing for a hmr strike Hikaru for 38 dollars. Also under the same seller was a 20 dollar Glaug. How likely is this a scam?

Really excited for the monster. It'll be my first ever macross toy, first mecha toy actually. Any ways while browsing eBay I found a listing for a hmr strike Hikaru for 38 dollars. Also under the same seller was a 20 dollar Glaug. How likely is this a scam?

Probably it's a scam. We've seen hundreds of those esp the 1/60 and the DX line before at AliExpress. And in a week's time, all the item posted were taken down. With something like these on ebay, there's a chance that these are knock-offs. With that price and free shipping, I guess you can try and get one and let us know if it's the real deal. To be honest, that's still cheap compared to what Toynami's putting it out there. Good thing I'm not into Hi-Metal R's. :lol:

Here's the links of the aforementioned $30 something Hi-Metal R figures from the same seller: crosstrade2013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-HI-METAL-R-Macross-VF-1S-Strike-Valkyrie-Ichijo-Hikaru-action-figure-New-/142060141789?hash=item211371bcdd:g:f2EAAOSwKfVXIK8x

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-HI-METAL-R-Macross-Tactical-Pot-Regult-action-figure-Japan-Import-F-S/141976745515?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3De1e52d31ddf4462dacb26fe6d7494705%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D142060141789

So they're finally doing KOs?

I own 2 KO MP Transformers and 2 Real ones. The KO are around 80% as good. I think people theorize about bootleg factories. My theory is toys that don't pass inspection are discarded. Workers collect a 2 or 3 discarded ones. Take them apart and make 1 "good" looking toy out of them. A $35 Regult might look correct but could have super flopping legs.

The other possibly is they're showing Bandai pictures but going to send you Toynami instead.

Based on the seller's negative feedback I'm thinking the seller doesn't really have the items and is trying to take people's money or get their information. When the G1 Trypticon reissue came out a while back I tried buying it on ebay for cheap from several Asian sellers, all ending up refunding my money because they didn't have the item. I don't think those HMR listings are legit but I doubt that there are HMR KO's.

Thanks for the compliment no3ljm.

Nah. Probably if the VF-4 and VF-2SS they teased before is not a vaporware. ;)

man talk abt finding a spot for the monster...

With 1/60 scales already taking up space, cant imagine the monster seeing the light of day on a display shelf..just leave it in da box... :p

Yeah...no way that's fitting in a Detolf...

C'mon! You guys have a dining table, right? Hahaha! :lol:

C'mon! You guys have a dining table, right? Hahaha! :lol:

Hey yeah! Put it on a lazy susan and use the cannons to hang donuts or pineapple slices for everyone..

And then you can tell the family its dinner time by hanging the monsters tongue...i mean ladder down! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Based on the seller's negative feedback I'm thinking the seller doesn't really have the items and is trying to take people's money or get their information. When the G1 Trypticon reissue came out a while back I tried buying it on ebay for cheap from several Asian sellers, all ending up refunding my money because they didn't have the item. I don't think those HMR listings are legit but I doubt that there are HMR KO's.

Thanks for the compliment no3ljm.

Same experience with vf25 they don't have stock

Even by the group comparison lineart pic it should be bigger.

But we finnally get a great toy with a great sculpt!!!

Yup I wrote about the same thing about the heat shield compared to the monster pit. It's the relative size. Not the scale issue.