Actual weight: 2300 grams (5.06 Pound)
Packed Weight: 2900 grams (6.38 Pound)
Base on that 2900g weight from JP post to USA/Canada
EMS 5900 yen
Airmail 6750 yen
Sal 5000 yen
BOAT 2900 yen
Edited by F360

Are the doors on the back of the monster for loading artillery or for expelling spent shells?

I think yes to both

For those that want a good estimate of the shipping cost :

From anime-export for 1 monster
Actual weight: 2300 grams (5.06 Pound)
Packed Weight: 2900 grams (6.38 Pound)
Base on that 2900g weight from JP post to USA/Canada
EMS 5900 yen
Airmail 6750 yen
Sal 5000 yen
BOAT 2900 yen

Thanks. I think I'll go EMS since I don't think SAL will cover over 20000 yen

I'm actually dreading getting the invoice from Amiami. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get the Monster, but the final cost is going to be nausea inducing...

+1 How much were the Yamato and bandai transforming monsters (sorry I can't recall their name)? Were they as expensive as this monster? I think they were shelf warmers, and then on sale? It would tick me off if this monster were on sale or if it shelf warmed, because dont want the line cancelled until at least after all the destroids and qrau are issued

Edited by beatsing

The Bandai DX Robot Spirits VB-6 Koenig Monster seemed to be fairly popular, it got 3 variants (regular, SP, and Wings of Valkyria version) and still commands good resale value.

You really should check jenius' site for release pricing:

To date there have been three releases of this toy:
Standard TV Version (no itasha), 16,800 Yen MSRP, September 2010
Special Version (Sheryl itasha), 21,000 Yen MSRP, September 2010
Special Version (Sheryl/Ranka itasha), 23,760 Yen, April 2015 (Tamashii exclusive)

The Bandai DX Robot Spirits VB-6 Koenig Monster seemed to be fairly popular, it got 3 variants (regular, SP, and Wings of Valkyria version) and still commands good resale value.

You really should check jenius' site for release pricing:

thanks. I suppose the pricing is not that far off for the high end, but a lot more compared with the regular edition.

thanks. I suppose the pricing is not that far off for the high end, but a lot more compared with the regular edition.

A little off topic, but if the gimix line has a monster, it could look better than the bandai, and easier to collect in size. The tomahawk gimix (unconfirmed) is weathered and has a floating pilot and support staff, which already look better than the tomahawk for the hmr line. I'd expect less articulation at that size compared to the hmr though. I'm currently "all in" for the hmr, but the gimix offerings might cause me to switch haha

btw, for whomever was looking for the monster, it's available at hobbysearch and hlj now

Edited by beatsing

Ouch! Got my invoice from Amiami. They're only offering 3 shipping methods for the Monster: EMS (6,740 JPY), SAL Parcel (5,690 JPY), and DHL (11,100 JPY) = cheapest option totals out at 28550 JPY + Paypal conversion fee and poor exchange rate... :wacko: Now, where did I leave the Dramamine?...

My total for 2x monsters shipped via EMS came out to 54,825 yen. Can't wait to get these in my hands even though I have no space :lol:

Shipping alone for both of the monsters was 11,200 yen :(

Edited by Loop

I was afraid it would cost this much.

Months ago I knew it was beyond the range of my usual toy budget. I would only get it if I could sale around $300 worth of old toys. I estimated that's as high it could cost with shipping. Within a month I sold $300 worth of old toys. Turns out that's how much I needed. Pay Pal balance is less than $20 now. Even though I'm not losing any new money it still hurts to see that much disappear at once.

On the bright side.....there shouldn't be any other HMRs with shipping in this range....so we just need to bend over just this once.....grab some lube if you must! :p

Wait...what if Bandai does release the 1/35 VF-1 or a 1/1800 SDF-1.........OK, save some lube for later...just in case! :lol:

I'd rather have this and the destroids than many valks. Its sort of a Macross grail for me.

+1. After slaving over the horrible 1:200 80's model kit of the Monster, I think I deserve a BIGGER one I can actually play with along with the Regults/Glaug/Cannon Fodder Valk! SO yeh..it hurts, but not as much as an Arcadia Valk, so let's just rejoice that we got one and I say bring on the rest of the Destriods now!!!

Edited by derex3592