Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Has anyone paint-matched the gray on the Hikaru? I've managed to chip a tiny little bit near the corner of an intake and it's driving me insane. No one else can see it, but every time I look at the figure... It's like the mole moment from Austin Powers...

I must touch it up, for great justice!

If it goes by the voting list, I think it was either the m&m 1j supers or the tomahawk next. I'll have to look back at the list.

Either way we'll probably get news next month. The standard releases apear to be one a month, but those 1js are just recolored so they may get released at the same time.

The preorders on normal releases so far come up every 2 months also, but overlapping the release tims. So probably one will come up for preorder in a couple of weeks if they stick to the pattern.

10 Defender

9 Nousjadeul-Ger

8 Spartan

7 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (TV)

6 VE-1

5 Q-Rau (TV)

4 Tomahawk

3 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia ver.)

2 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max ver.)

1 Monster

Yep Max and Milia next if the releases correspond to the voting list. I'll definitely buy everything there, maybe even the Armored VF-1J if the colors are significantly different.

We won't know until Bandai does a TV version. I suspect the 1J will be white and the GBP brighter. Pilot will be Hikaru. In reality they look pretty much the same except for the missile tops which Bandai should have painted yellow.

10 Defender

9 Nousjadeul-Ger

8 Spartan

7 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (TV)

6 VE-1

5 Q-Rau (TV)

4 Tomahawk

3 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia ver.)

2 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max ver.)

1 Monster

Yep Max and Milia next if the releases correspond to the voting list. I'll definitely buy everything there, maybe even the Armored VF-1J if the colors are significantly different.

The only thing I want on that list is the Nousjadeul-Ger.

I'll buy 3 Defenders, 2 Nousjadel-Gers, 3 Spartans, 2 Q-Raus, and 3 Tomahawks. Also 3 Phalanxs and 1 of each of everything else on the list and not on the list.

Edited by sh9000

I'll buy 3 Defenders, 2 Nousjadel-Gers, 3 Spartans, 2 Q-Raus, and 3 Tomahawks. Also 3 Phalanxs and 1 of each of everything else on the list and not on the list.

I wish more people are like you. Support Macross in general! And maybe Bandai will reissue the 1/55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valkyrie. :wub:

Bandai should continue their 1/55 Origin of Valkyrie line. Maybe someday. I want a minty new Strike Valkyrie, VE-1, VT-1, GBP, and any VF-1 variants they can milk with the mold.

Back to the HMR topic, I hope Bandai makes as many HMR VF-1 variants.

Edited by sh9000

I would love to buy 2 more myself but I'm saving my money to get at least 1 of each from the rest the lineup. I'm interested in seeing the VF-1A mass production variant. Even for canon fodder old Brownie is visually appealing.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves the Nous-Ger. Hoping for a DYRL version first, but I'd buy any and all Bandai puts out (would love to see the MC2 version someday). The DYRL one shown in the HM-R dioramas appears to be semi-articulated so hopefully the wait will be fairly short, maybe the PO will go up later this year.

While it hasn't been on screen in years, all of the other Zentraedi mecha have already made an appearance in Macross Delta, so we just might get to see the Nous in action again.

Jenius, I noticed you put up a new video review for the original Hi-Metal toys. Are you planning to re-do other videos for your older reviews?

Yes, definitely. If I pull a toy out for comparisons and realize it was one of my standard definition reviews and I didn't have the benefit of knowing more how the line would work out I'll try to put together a more informational review in HD.

Next review will definitely be the HMR VF 1J with GBP.