Takani agrees....

b1222_box.jpg

.....so does Tenjin....

mc39_cover.jpg?w=584

...so should you!!! :rolleyes:

yep and also in dyrl movie.

i'm keeping my grey goggle stand alone.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If I was not lazy, I would take screen caps from the show. I don't doubt they were "Meant to be" grey, but the animation changed the color like every other frame lol.

i definitely believe you, i've seen it as well many times but it was meant to be grey, (why, am i repeating what you just posted :rolleyes: lol. that's what i get for watching NBA playoffs and half looking :wacko: )

aside from the animation errors it's also depicted grey goggles in the movie.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

If I was not lazy, I would take screen caps from the show. I don't doubt they were "Meant to be" grey, but the animation changed the color like every other frame lol.

Do it.

You'll find out that it was actually "white" only for a couple of frames. It was grey-goggles most of the time in the episode.

It became white when Hikaru finally shed off the armor, but then Grey again when he entered the Zentraedi scout ship.

Guest davidwhangchoi

my bad1 i just repeated what you posted, i was half looking and watching TV.

Clips from SDF: Macross are always fun, especially when the color debates heat up.

This has happened before and it will happend again. I'm embarassed to say that no one is safe! :p

Edited by technoblue

What bugs me (and probably other collectors who grew up watching SDFM/Robotech) is that pre-Yamato V2 VF-1 all the representations I've seen of the 1J have the grey goggle. My first Macross toy (got it in the late 80s) was a 1/100 Hikaru 1J Takatoku clone and that had a grey goggle. Same for the 1/55 chunky monkey. So for me, the grey goggle is canon.

Now can somebody suggest a gundam marker to color the goggle grey (the gundam marker weathering set is out of production already) on the Arcadia 1J?

Yes, unfortunately that marker is part of a set which is out of production already.

You can use Tamiya's German Grey, barurutor. Make sure you get those Tamiya tapes as well to mask the areas you don't want to get painted. Make sure to get the flat one since flat paints somehow dries evenly compared to gloss paints. ;)

Do it.

You'll find out that it was actually "white" only for a couple of frames. It was grey-goggles most of the time in the episode.

It became white when Hikaru finally shed off the armor, but then Grey again when he entered the Zentraedi scout ship.

It was even red for a few frames before he left SDF-1 :p

Maybe just me, but using a marker or whatever on a ~$200 toy to make a fake grey-goggle is, well, just simply cringe-inducing.

It's your money, tho...

I never decal or touch my stuff so that the resale is not affected. "Tainting" something high end like these things can be cringe-inducing, I agree.

But in this case I went ahead with making the visor gray metallic because I strongly feel any buyer would be glad I did it for him so he didn't have to --- thus increasing the value, not decreasing it . . .

post-8486-0-74847400-1429877890_thumb.jpg

As long as it's not put together too tight in the factory(Yamato/Arcadia's archillies heal) OR the mold has degraded OR too much glue in the joints OR factory stains OR loose swivel joints out of the box...I've put in my lottery ticket I want a winner this time!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't forget...at least Arcadia will provide you with a pic of what the GBP-1J should look like on the box!.... ;)

goods_pic1_369959_20150108173423.jpg

lol, too funny

If the background art had the head lasers forward it would kinda look like the Macross Chronicles pose. Oops, looks like Bandai got it down.

I think I'll get two. 1J the grey and 1J the white. :p

Edited by wmkjr

Don't forget...at least Arcadia will provide you with a pic of what the GBP-1J should look like on the box!.... ;)

goods_pic1_369959_20150108173423.jpg

lol that is kinda infuriating and hilarious at the same time. i cannot understand why they aren't doing the grey goggles for the life of me. it just looks WRONG fo the gbp 1j to not have it. i'm happy i have the original grey google gbp bundle but still annoyed they are going to make me modify it. not that yamato hasn't had its share of coloring adn deco debacles but so far yamato >> arcadia.

There hasn't been one Arcadia release were they did not decide to "tinker" with the colors, hues, etc.....sure Yamato had it's QC issues, but their color choices were for the most part spot on, or at minimum, not so obviously wrong.... ;)

"tinker" is a bit forgiving term to use with Arcadia.

imho, I reckon Arcadia's just got a bunch of crappy leftover mould-test plastics/materials and then jacking their valk-pricing way way way up to pass them off as their "new standard valk plastics".

They're also a bunch of significantly color-blind blokes...

:bump:

:touche:

Hi,

Haven't collected these in a while, not since both my V2 1/60 1A shoulders broke, while on display, only transformed 3 times. It broke while on the stand even though I didn't touch it.

But this set is tempting me...

So, is this release the 1J with good shoulders and clear canopy? I couldn't make sense of the very detailed post by anymoon.

I have the first release 1j v2, so is this different? (I heard that many had the similar shoulder issue, but mine is fine)

I think this question has been asked before, but there are quite a lot of posts to wade through: Does it come with the option parts (aka elevator cockpit seat, closed hatch for the neck, and side covers for battroid)?

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been discussed.

Hi,

Haven't collected these in a while, not since both my V2 1/60 1A shoulders broke, while on display, only transformed 3 times. It broke while on the stand even though I didn't touch it.

But this set is tempting me...

So, is this release the 1J with good shoulders and clear canopy? I couldn't make sense of the very detailed post by anymoon.

I have the first release 1j v2, so is this different? (I heard that many had the similar shoulder issue, but mine is fine)

I think this question has been asked before, but there are quite a lot of posts to wade through: Does it come with the option parts (aka elevator cockpit seat, closed hatch for the neck, and side covers for battroid)?

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been discussed.

I think 'option parts' are standard on Arcadia releases and all Arcadia releases feature the later crotch mechanism and no rainbow tint on the canopy and, as of yet, no grumblings of breaking shoulders.