Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Just a quick question guys. When you order from NY, do you pay in JPY or in USD?

I've set my NY account quote prices for me in USD, so I pay my orders in USD. This includes pre-orders which I have not paid yet. I guess what this means is that the price I get quoted is based on the prevailing exchange rate at the time I made my order (because the price doesn't change in my account). On one hand, this is good because I don't become a victim of fluctuating exchange rates. On the other hand, if the USD becomes stronger, I don't get the benefit of paying less. Eye for an eye I guess. :)

Just a quick question guys. When you order from NY, do you pay in JPY or in USD?

I've set my NY account quote prices for me in USD, so I pay my orders in USD. This includes pre-orders which I have not paid yet. I guess what this means is that the price I get quoted is based on the prevailing exchange rate at the time I made my order (because the price doesn't change in my account). On one hand, this is good because I don't become a victim of fluctuating exchange rates. On the other hand, if the USD becomes stronger, I don't get the benefit of paying less. Eye for an eye I guess. :)

You are correct, but in the event the USD does become stronger, you can email them and request the PO be converted to Yen. I have done that a few times, but I don't think you can do the reverse of asking them to convert an order that was placed in Yen to USD or any other currency.

You are correct, but in the event the USD does become stronger, you can email them and request the PO be converted to Yen. I have done that a few times, but I don't think you can do the reverse of asking them to convert an order that was placed in Yen to USD or any other currency.

Thanks for the info Saburo! I also know that when you do a pre-order combine with NY, the price automatically gets changed to JPY. I'm assuming this is true for the pre-order split as well as I've only done the former. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I wish we had more details!!!

...it being displayed with a stand.Does that mean it's coming with a stand?

The speculation is killin' me, it's effecting my receding hairline.

Man, I wish we had more details!!!

...it being displayed with a stand.Does that mean it's coming with a stand?

The speculation is killin' me, it's effecting my receding hairline.

No display stand with this one. Unless the VF-0D's getting one too (both were on stands). Product site says what's included:

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?gid=212

Option parts are included according to the site.

via google translate (take it with a grain of salt):

TV anime aired in 1982 appeared in "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross," "Armored Valkyrie".
The VF-1J that bright story of hero Ichijo to boarding, it was to set the armor parts, we will release the items of hearty.
The armor parts to compensate for the firepower and armor to the stylish Valkyrie (Battroid), I have been faithfully three-dimensional setting. Is compatible with the Armored Valkyrie, also comes with wrist for posing. In addition, we have reproduced in suit was "round finger" to the image that appeared in the drama. ■ Product form  painted PVC ■ Material ABS, POM, zinc alloy, other Product Size ■  1/60 scale (Battroid equipment during the height: 250 mm) ■ package form a closed box ■ package size  325 × 280 × 180 (mm) ■ accessories goods  Armor parts set / gun pods / pilot figure /  Armored Valkyrie no moveable round wrist / micro missile pod /  3 barreled ground missile / Valkyrie no moveable wrist / Macross stand for attachment /  nose equipment for attachment / hatch partsBattroid for getting on and off /  Battroid for armpit complement Parts / Battroid for passenger seat (for monodentate) /  marking sticker / manual

Edited by wmkjr

There is actually no reason to call them option part. Those are actually standard now for Arcadia VF-1 toys.

hatch partsBattroid for getting on and off / (the neck cover?)

Battroid for armpit complement Parts / (the option part below the shoulder)

Battroid for passenger seat (for monodentate) / (modified neck cover to show a pilot seat)

Thanks guys!

Has it been confirmed that "option parts" are standard, or are people assuming that they're standard due to the fact that we've seen them on recent Arcadia VF-1 releases?

I guess it became 'standard' after the 30th Anniversary releases from Yamato. And was carried out by Arcadia on their VF-1 re-releases. Too bad, from the looks of the promo pictures at the WonderFest, it's not part of the VF-0 releases even though, design are the same.

Anyways, love to have the GBP as well, but I need to pass for that upcoming VF-0S. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

i wonder if the "1" is tampo'd on this time. the bad release (reused old 1J's with bad shoulders) had it tampo'd. the good release (i have one) doesn't have it but had stickers if you wanted to put it on. i'll admit i kinda wish mine has a 1 tampo'd/painted on. i've got this preordered anyhow so i guess i'll have one wiht and one without.

i wonder if the "1" is tampo'd on this time. the bad release (reused old 1J's with bad shoulders) had it tampo'd. the good release (i have one) doesn't have it but had stickers if you wanted to put it on. i'll admit i kinda wish mine has a 1 tampo'd/painted on. i've got this preordered anyhow so i guess i'll have one wiht and one without.

I have to ask since I don't have any previous Yamato GBP figure. Was the only difference from both releases is the VF-1J figure for its shoulder problem, correct? So tampoed "1" or not, were both GBP parts has no issues as well? Thanks. :)

Not sure if this has been posted before. Photos from Digitamin: http://ameblo.jp/digitamin/entry-11986090866.html

post-5552-0-98405900-1423557059_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I guess it became 'standard' after the 30th Anniversary releases from Yamato. And was carried out by Arcadia on their VF-1 re-releases. Too bad, from the looks of the promo pictures at the WonderFest, it's not part of the VF-0 releases even though, design are the same.

Anyways, love to have the GBP as well, but I need to pass for that upcoming VF-0S. ;)

It's a shame you have to pass up on the GBP.

I've been thinking the same as you concerning the "standard" parts with VF-O's. If it came with them I guess we could call it standard accessories.

It's a shame you have to pass up on the GBP.

I've been thinking the same as you concerning the "standard" parts with VF-O's. If it came with them I guess we could call it standard accessories.

I know, since I don't have a GBP yet. Having second thoughts since I already have a VF-1J and not know what to do with it if ever I purchase this one. But come to think of it, the amount I paid for the VF-1J is also the same amount as the SRP for this re-release. But you will never know, I might dive in too for PO if ever there's enough cash for me. Coz I want to have one too. But there's so much coming out this year. Hehehe. :D

And as for the option parts, it's been 'standardized' to every VF-1 re-releases. But I agree with you as well. If they will include it to VF-0's (which I doubt) then it's a standard accessories to every VF-0/1 releases from here on. ;)

I have to ask since I don't have any previous Yamato GBP figure. Was the only difference from both releases is the VF-1J figure for its shoulder problem, correct? So tampoed "1" or not, were both GBP parts has no issues as well? Thanks. :)

Not sure if this has been posted before. Photos from Digitamin: http://ameblo.jp/digitamin/entry-11986090866.html

attachicon.gifo0600045013209496395.jpg

i believe the only difference was the lack of tampo "1" on second release and the use of new 1J base figures vs. old 1J figures with the weak shoulders with the new head (hence the whites also mismatched a touch too). the actual armor is the same except for the tampo I think. you might want to verify by checking anymoon.com he has all that kind of detail on there i believe.

I actually already have the standalone GBP. I'm mainly getting this one for the 1J...pink or not :p

So now that we know Arcadia has the mold, what are our chances of getting a standalone urban camo? I could use one for Roy.

After this , I wonder how Arcadia will package the super parts if they decide to release it. As a stand alone release or bundled with a valk?

I do hope they release it as a stand alone, as a need a few of these.

Edited by abbadon

i believe the only difference was the lack of tampo "1" on second release and the use of new 1J base figures vs. old 1J figures with the weak shoulders with the new head (hence the whites also mismatched a touch too). the actual armor is the same except for the tampo I think. you might want to verify by checking anymoon.com he has all that kind of detail on there i believe.

Thanks Mechapilot77. I also checked Jenius reviews on the GBP. So it's the same then. :)

I actually already have the standalone GBP. I'm mainly getting this one for the 1J...pink or not :p

So now that we know Arcadia has the mold, what are our chances of getting a standalone urban camo? I could use one for Roy.

Any plans on selling the standalone one, xrentonx? :D

Oh man, would buying the standalone one justify the cheap price of this reissue bundle? Head hurts since I have a 30th anniv reissue of the VF-1J. :wacko:

Should I convert it to Macross The First? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

After this , I wonder how Arcadia will package the super parts if they decide to release it. As a stand alone release or bundled with a valk?

I do hope they release it as a stand alone, as a need a few of these.

Abbadon, when I was in Manila a couple weeks ago, I saw an MIB 1/60 VF-1 super/strike parts being sold in Virra Mall. I forgot the name of the shop, but its the toy shop on the same floor as Toy Kingdom on the right side if you're coming from Toy Kingdom. Its selling for PhP 7k++, which is a bit hard to swallow (about USD 170), but considering that its MIB and that its hard to come by these days, you might want to take a look. :)

Thanks Mechapilot77. I also checked Jenius reviews on the GBP. So it's the same then. :)

Any plans on selling the standalone one, xrentonx? :D

Oh man, would buying the standalone one justify the cheap price of this reissue bundle? Head hurts since I have a 30th anniv reissue of the VF-1J. :wacko:

Should I convert it to Macross The First? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I'm a Macross hoarder so all my Macross stuff I keep even if they're obsolete (see Yamato YF-19s). If I ever change my mind, I'll give you first dibs B))

Edited by xrentonx

Abbadon, when I was in Manila a couple weeks ago, I saw an MIB 1/60 VF-1 super/strike parts being sold in Virra Mall. I forgot the name of the shop, but its the toy shop on the same floor as Toy Kingdom on the right side if you're coming from Toy Kingdom. Its selling for PhP 7k++, which is a bit hard to swallow (about USD 170), but considering that its MIB and that its hard to come by these days, you might want to take a look. :)

if by any chance you are talking about great toys then it is already sold

http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=342&products_id=24776

for the price, yeah it is a bit steep and if you go over YJA, the price of a MISB 30th SSP can easily reach 12 to 15k yen.

edit:

on the other hand, Japanese has no problem collecting the will be rare Yamato GBP-1 even at above SRP of Arcadia.

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h196772747

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e152173162

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k185288395

Edited by chyll2