Q-rau

Nightbat

Then that makes two of you.  :lol:

Oooh, I've been zinged by MJ. Big surprise there. :lol:

Before this goes to pm DA

:huh:You've been zinged?

:rolleyes:

I was dissin the banal "White Death" color scheme...

Now if you were the creator of said scheme, then I can see how my statement could be interpreted as a zing... But you say that you are not, so lets pretend that is true for now and say that you Mr. Yamato Lover(If that IS your real name! :p ) were not the target... :D

If you really want me to zing you though, that can be arranged. B))

Finally...

I don't think that I will be picking this toy up. I mean, if it were cheaper I would consider it. I have better toys to spend my money on... Still though... if it turns out to be the shiznit, I may pick one up.

Oh, and Blaine? Check your tree... the sandwich is gone. :ph34r:

Heh, I was just bustin' your chops, buddy. :lol:

I have no problem with you in the least. I was just poking fun at ya in light of the ridiculous Hurin thread from a week or two ago.

You BAD, BAD man! :D:D

Anyhow, if I DO pick up one of these Q-Raus--and I'm still on the fence about it--I may wait and see if this is going to be another work-in-progress project, based on Yamato's track record of making improvements on the fly. If so, then I may wait and see if there will be a Q-Rau 2.0, like the rerelease Fokker/Hikaru 1/48s (improved nosecone, et al).

SHEESH! I go away for a week, and everyone hates eachother... :p:ph34r:

I think this toy looks SWEET! I got the 1/48 Super 1J for Christmas, so I think I can muster the funds for this baby...

Oh, and let's not start any rumors about this thing not being able to stand on its own! <_< How about we wait until someone has one and posts pics of it standing up on it's own?? hmmm?

I really don't think Yamato would produce a toy that is SUPPOSED to stand up and not have the final product be able to stand up. The poses may be limited to maintain its balance, but I will put money down that the final product stands on its own.... any takers?? :)

Finally an enemy for my 1/60 VF A-team to blow away. They were gettin bored just sitting around on the deck of the daedalus (my shelf) waiting for some action.

definately want some tactical pods in the future too. The Zentraudi need an equivalent to the UN Spacy VF 1 brownies.

Now I just have to convert my room into a 1/60 replica of South Ataria Island...

Any word on the Yamato Monster? Now THAT would be a huge toy.

Edited by Skull00

Time to put the rumors to rest. I just got to play with a very-close-to-final-version preproduction sample and I can confirm that it can definitely stand on it's own very easily. Thanks to well designed sturdy joints featuring some very solid and positive ratchets it's a very stable toy.

All in all it's a beautiful toy. Very nicely finished, with great articulation, lots of detail and a fantastic pilot sculpt. That's all I can say for now.

Graham

Time to put the rumors to rest. I just got to play with a very-close-to-final-version preproduction sample and I can confirm that it can definitely stand on it's own very easily.  Thanks to well designed sturdy joints featuring some very solid and positive ratchets it's a very stable toy.

All in all it's a beautiful toy. Very nicely finished, with great articulation, lots of detail and a fantastic pilot sculpt. That's all I can say for now.

Graham

Ahhhh, but enough have you said for now.

THANK YOU!! :D

"You like us.............you really, really like us!!" :rolleyes:

Edited by Cannon Royale (aka Grand Cannon)

Time to put the rumors to rest. I just got to play with a very-close-to-final-version preproduction sample and I can confirm that it can definitely stand on it's own very easily. Thanks to well designed sturdy joints featuring some very solid and positive ratchets it's a very stable toy.

Graham

He speaks at last!

Great news to hear indeed. Stable and looks good are all I wanted to hear. Can't wait for some sample shots when finally allowed.

Graham

Great , now I´m officially convinced.

Hope this baby doesn´t run out of stock by the time the price goes down...sorry but I´m still pretty unsure about the price.

Time to put the rumors to rest. I just got to play with a very-close-to-final-version preproduction sample and I can confirm that it can definitely stand on it's own very easily.  Thanks to well designed sturdy joints featuring some very solid and positive ratchets it's a very stable toy.

Graham

Hehe... I guess people have to find somehting else to whine about...

What? I want to know if it could stand on ONE leg.... cuz I ain't gonna buy it if it can't... :rolleyes:

Wait, Graham! Don't leave before telling us about the pilot sculpt!!!

*left standing with a piece of Graham's shirt* :(

Edit: I'm verbally challenged!

Edited by >EXO<

Hey Graham if you're allowed to disclose, is the Millia pilot just a static plug in figure (and if so is she a full figure or just a bust like the Bandai kit) or poseable? I'm dreaming of posing this piece with Millia sitting atop the Q-Rau's shoulder... Aaah the anticipation... I'm not worried at all about the price, I've got 3 on preorder. I will whine about the release date however.. I want her NOW, NOW.!!! WAAAHH..

Can it pose John Woo style against two VF-1's?

Wait, Graham! Don't leave before telling us about the pilot sculpt!!!

*left standing with a piece of Graham's shirt* :(

Edit: I'm verbally challenged!

Dude! Don't ask about the pilot sculpt!

Macross pilot sculpts are always disappointing. Happened on the MPC, the 1/60, and the 1/48.

It'll just start a new round of whining... and I'm not quite ready for that yet.

Just when everyone here was happy and acting nice to each other for about 30 seconds. :unsure:

Pilots? Eh, they could be articulated at least like SW action fleet figures. ;)B))

And there's plenty to whine about the 1/48 backpack hinge.

Man, I think sometimes the price is based on the amount of people that will buy the product. I guess to make a good profit, Yamato has to make sure that a certain numbers of fans buy the product to make a profit. That may make no sense, but I gues it kind of guaranties a profit on a smaller market with an especific target(macross).

Anyway, If I got the money, I'll buy it. This thing is unique, and I kept all my 1/60's. I'll give my 1/48s a break, and display some 1/60s. Can't wait for the GBP!

Vic.

Hmm interesting,

Hopefully Guppy, Sebastian, me and the gang will get to see it during our MW HK shopathon, best if its available in the local toy stores there. But if it aint available, maybe we can pop by Graham's house to have a peep at it and maybe fondle/play with it. :lol::p Hmm does it sound right...fondle/play? kekek. Well im definitely for this Qrau, but ill be getting the normal production version of Qrau, be it the DYRL scheme or the TV scheme, easier on my pockets. ;) Waiting to see if there is any problems with the 1st version which would be later improved/corrected in the later subsequent releases. But touch wood...we wouldnt want anything to be wrong with the first version rite? :p I think for this first release as a Millia Qrau, it shouldnt have any major issues as its a non transforming version.

Cheers

Hmm interesting,

Hopefully Guppy, Sebastian, me and the gang will get to see it during our MW HK shopathon, best if its available in the local toy stores there. But if it aint available, maybe we can pop by Graham's house to have a peep at it and maybe fondle/play with it. :lol::p Hmm does it sound right...fondle/play? kekek. Well im definitely for this Qrau, but ill be getting the normal production version of Qrau, be it the DYRL scheme or the TV scheme, easier on my pockets. ;) Waiting to see if there is any problems with the 1st version which would be later improved/corrected in the later subsequent releases. But touch wood...we wouldnt want anything to be wrong with the first version rite? :p I think for this first release as a Millia Qrau, it shouldnt have any major issues as its a non transforming version.

Cheers

Yeah, I too will be waiting for the "mass production" Q-Rau version. I've just grown attached to the purple (DYRL) and green (SDFM) schemes...

Though it is Millia...

Somebodya outhere thinks that there will be a 1/48 version?

Many of us wouldn't be able to fit a 1/48 Q-rau on our shelves. I still don't know where you guys are planning on putting your 1/60 destroid Monsters when they come.

(Begin voice of soap opera narrator)

Will Abomz and Uxi make up?

Is YamatoLover the dreaded Quadrono?

Is the Q-rau a brutal bid for the last of MWers incomes?

Are there more earth-shattering revelations from Graham?

Intrigue! Drama! Expensive plastic!

All this and more on the next exciting episode of . . . (Insert organ music here) . . . MACROSS WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Somebodya outhere thinks that there will be a 1/48 version?

Many of us wouldn't be able to fit a 1/48 Q-rau on our shelves. I still don't know where you guys are planning on putting your 1/60 destroid Monsters when they come.

heh, the monster will already be a problem (who am I kidding

any yamato since the 1/48 VF-1S isn't able to fit)

a 1/48 Q-rau? :blink: first of all it would be more expensive then the 1/60 monster second is I have to put up my family in the shed

a 1/48 Q-rau? :blink: first of all it would be more expensive then the 1/60 monster second is I have to put up my family in the shed

I tried that and she made me finish the basement, I mean come on its only 15 degrees outside and the walls of the garage will guard ya from the wind. I know its been posted before, but post it again,, how tall is the 1/60 QRau, Im going to be shopping for shelving units and dont want to buy the wrong size shelves (since Im buying like 3-4 of them)

I'd say get 14-18" spaceing for at least one of the shelves, so you have some clearance to move things if you need to.

If they use the 18.8 meter reference for it, it should come out to about a little over a foot (32cm) at 1/60 scale.

I know its been posted before, but post it again,, how tall is the 1/60 QRau, Im going to be shopping for shelving units and dont want to buy the wrong size shelves (since Im buying like 3-4 of them)

One of the Japanese ads had it as 300 milimeters.... so about a foot tall.

(Begin voice of soap opera narrator)

Will Abombz!! and Uxi make up?

Is YamatoLover the dreaded Quadrono?

Is the Q-rau a brutal bid for the last of MWers incomes?

Are there more earth-shattering revelations from Graham?

Intrigue! Drama! Expensive plastic!

All this and more on the next exciting episode of . . . (Insert organ music here) . . . AS THE MACROSSWORLD TURNS!!!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you...

but good show :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vostok 7