On 7/20/2023 at 12:10 PM, mechaninac said:

It is all too easy to get tunnel vision with these things, no matter how well versed one happens to be on the subject... the ambiguous anime magic involved and toy manufacturers don't make it easy; it's like one's mind locks into an assumption or some other bit of minutia that it becomes very hard to see the bigger picture.  We all fall prey to this kind of mental short circuit from time to time. :friends:

So very true.

Love the pics of all the classic Orguss kits!

These are mine.

20230725_184756.jpg.11edf6e3be1401d11587378369a72c58.jpg

Can't  wait to add the new Moderoid to the set.

With this talk of the Orguss Valkyrie I started thinking about what if Takatoku made armored parts for their 1/40 back in the day. So I cooked up a set! I tried to keep the same Takatoku aesthetic. Ideally I'd have a VF-1A head on there but I don't have a chunky monkey 1A on hand as reference. Gerwalk and flyer mode are so goofy-looking with that big booster I kind of love it.

OrgroidFront.jpg

OrgroidBack.jpg

Gerwalk.jpg

Flyer.jpg

Tank.jpg

Just now, magicsp00n said:

With this talk of the Orguss Valkyrie I started thinking about what if Takatoku made armored parts for their 1/40 back in the day. So I cooked up a set! I tried to keep the same Takatoku aesthetic. Ideally I'd have a VF-1A head on there but I don't have a chunky monkey 1A on hand as reference. Gerwalk and flyer mode are so goofy-looking with that big booster I kind of love it.

OrgroidFront.jpg

OrgroidBack.jpg

Gerwalk.jpg

Flyer.jpg

Tank.jpg

These parts actually fit surprisingly well with the looks of the toy, this is awesome!

14 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

OrgroidFront.jpg

OrgroidBack.jpg

Gerwalk.jpg

Flyer.jpg

Tank.jpg

Very cool.  And looking great!!

in the days way back, I recall this beautiful specimen created by Nick. Sure it used double sided tape, but damn it looked really good.image.jpeg.0e812347441ff04bed3e33252eb740c3.jpeg

Orguss is BACK!

Ya know what's lame, the whole "is back!" thing I believe originally was a way of teasing someone who said more Mospeada toys were going to come... guess that was one of those "he who laughs last" moments. 

Edited by jenius

Loving my HMR! Will buy anything else they release from the Orguss series. ALWAYS loved the designs of these. 

Question: I enjoyed the Super Dimension series (Mospeada, Macross, Southern Cross), but have YET to watch the Orguss series. I'm thinking of picking up the Blu-ray for it. Can anyone give me a non-spoiler review for the series? Is it worth it? How does it compare to the rest of Super Dimension shows? 

There's something about these early 80s Anime, man!

5 hours ago, fifbeat said:

Loving my HMR! Will buy anything else they release from the Orguss series. ALWAYS loved the designs of these. 

Question: I enjoyed the Super Dimension series (Mospeada, Macross, Southern Cross), but have YET to watch the Orguss series. I'm thinking of picking up the Blu-ray for it. Can anyone give me a non-spoiler review for the series? Is it worth it? How does it compare to the rest of Super Dimension shows? 

There's something about these early 80s Anime, man!

It’s definitely worth it.

out of the list provided, I’d put Macross at the top followed by Mospeada then Orguss and after that southern cross. Although Mospeada isn’t technically a super dimension show, it does have a triple changing robot and I only slightly put it ahead of Orguss.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s definitely worth it.

out of the list provided, I’d put Macross at the top followed by Mospeada then Orguss and after that southern cross. Although Mospeada isn’t technically a super dimension show, it does have a triple changing robot and I only slightly put it ahead of Orguss.

Big S. Thank you. Yeah, I realized that Mospeada wasn't a SD show minutes after I posted, but of course, my laziness got the best of me. lol

Based on what you just told me, I think I made up my mind to purchase it! I did read that the first 17 episodes are dubbed, and the rest Japanese w/subs. Does this ruin the experience? Are there any character-name changes I need to be aware of? 

Also, for the dubbed episodes, how did this even come be? It's like it ever aired on English TV? And is the dub one that was done in the 80s? Or a "new" dub? 

Thanks again! 😃 

6 hours ago, fifbeat said:

Big S. Thank you. Yeah, I realized that Mospeada wasn't a SD show minutes after I posted, but of course, my laziness got the best of me. lol

Based on what you just told me, I think I made up my mind to purchase it! I did read that the first 17 episodes are dubbed, and the rest Japanese w/subs. Does this ruin the experience? Are there any character-name changes I need to be aware of? 

Also, for the dubbed episodes, how did this even come be? It's like it ever aired on English TV? And is the dub one that was done in the 80s? Or a "new" dub? 

Thanks again! 😃 

I never saw the in the U.S. when they were dubbed. Maybe it was just for a vhs release. But since they didn’t finish the series dubbing I only watched the subtitles version. In fact the first time I saw the show it was a bad subtitle version, so this was definitely an upgrade. I wouldn’t mind if they did a decent dub since I’d rather watch than read especially since the animation looks great for the most part.

1 hour ago, glane21 said:

I watched Orguss back in the 80s on 3rd generation vhs copies with no subs.  I was still able to follow the overall story and become very invested in the characters by the last episode, which has a unique ending to say the least.  You’ll enjoy it.

3rd generation? What we you, in Japan?
In the 80's at my monthly anime meetings at SDSU where my mom dropped me off for the afternoon they were 6th+, and you were HAPPY  😛

and you then got to take a 7th gen home LOL

14 minutes ago, Shawn said:

3rd generation? What we you, in Japan?
In the 80's at my monthly anime meetings at SDSU where my mom dropped me off for the afternoon they were 6th+, and you were HAPPY  😛

and you then got to take a 7th gen home LOL

Haha!  So true!

For me it was more like, someone knew a kid that got a copy from their dad that went to a swap meet booth run by a guy who was stationed overseas that knew a guy that did a bootleg. Who knows what gen it was at that point?

Edited by Big s