Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

I really thought this would be a shelf warmer so i only ordered one. when i thought you were going to cancel yours i didn't mind taking it as a double. one to keep boxed and one to play. but i had one on hlj that i forgot to cancel so i had to pay for it as well. a few weeks afterwards, once it was hard to find, that's when everyone found out the demand for these.

and the collector blood in me starting rising like a zentraedi and i couldn't suppress the instincts. as jvmacross posted in the market watch thread, the fun is in the hunt!

you never know, these can drop in price if bandai releases more in the wild...

Yeah, it is fun hunting - that's why even though I really don't want a MP Grimlock I've been looking for one, purposely avoiding buying it online and looking only at my local Toys R Us.

Space is really at a premium for me right now so even though I LOVE having extra's, even if I could find and/or was inclined to buy another Ozma 29 I'd have no placed to put it! :lol:

-b.

Yeah, it is fun hunting - that's why even though I really don't want a MP Grimlock I've been looking for one, purposely avoiding buying it online and looking only at my local Toys R Us.

Space is really at a premium for me right now so even though I LOVE having extra's, even if I could find and/or was inclined to buy another Ozma 29 I'd have no placed to put it! :lol:

-b.

I know what you mean, I am out of shelf space at the moment. I have 3 Ozma 29, and opened all 3 to inspect them for the stress mark issue and also to take 3 mode pictures. After the photoshoot was done 2 of them went back into their boxes and placed on the ever growing stack of Valkyrie boxes.

I have to get my display cases soon and clear out one of my closets so I can put all the boxes away.

Guest davidwhangchoi

God damn David that's a lotta nice Ozmas! I am tempted to get a second but looks like they're hard to come by for a decent price.

thanks Shukenzero. if you find a extra you should go for it, you never know if this might turn into the vf-25s situation. even if it's not, it's a great color scheme to have a double that'll hold it's value regardless.

I feel bad about not gettin one, but had some unexpected expenses this month and I couldn't pay for my NY pre-order, it seems this will only get a higher price from now on

Now I'll wait for the reissue, if the past non-web-exclusive YF-29 had 2 launches, there is a chance this will get two too

I feel bad about not gettin one, but had some unexpected expenses this month and I couldn't pay for my NY pre-order, it seems this will only get a higher price from now on

Now I'll wait for the reissue, if the past non-web-exclusive YF-29 had 2 launches, there is a chance this will get two too

You could always bid on this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-YF-29-Durandal-Ozma-Macross-Last-Frontier-HTF-/151310465559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233ace7a17 Only 10 hours left though.

Or this one currently at ¥17,500: http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r115174933

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Guest davidwhangchoi

the ebay auction ended at 305 plus 24.99 shipping. and the other one has 5 days to go at this moment and most likely will go up to 25000yen or above. plus proxy fees and shipping. i don't think that helps. he's hoping for a reissue so he doesn't have to try and outbid someone over proxy or ebay.

if they don't reissue ozma, (which by the chance they do, it will be in a year or two later, but knowing how long it's taken to reissue 25s, i think bandai may not if ever) i think this would be the fastest hike in prices for a bandai in a while. damn i guess anything ozma is a hot item.

looking at the completed listings on ebay it's all rising:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=yf-29+ozma&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I can't have enough pictures of YF-29 Ozma :D

BAT's Review

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bat_/sets/72157644971633822

38Jrq9.jpg

nice photo review

it clearly shows why this valk is really selling well(and why the re-selling price is getting higher) imo, together with Isamu, this is the really properly colored YF-29. The head unit, even though its a love or hate thing, clearly shows that most of the people really like it.

having it sourced from a local seller means i have to wait until end of June :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

They seems to go for $360 with the shipping included on Ebay... Bandai could earn some money producing more of this valk

+1

Guest davidwhangchoi

Jeez does anyone read the post above them?

i don't think it's personal, if you look at the timestamp, people were writing a post as you can't refresh the page and once they posted they didn't see you post already. i posted at the same time as you. i didn't alter my post because you didn't put a price. making people search for it to be trolled by the price.

At that price I'm not even going to consider it, higher than the YF-19

I pray to Kawamori for a reissue next year

The other Non-web store 29's got reissues, let's hope they do it for the Ozzy 29....

then again.... peeps still waiting on the Ozzy 25....

Hey, some folks who may be desperate enough to purchase one might take a bite of N-Y's patently obvious after-market level gouging. Personally, I find their bald faced opportunism to cash in royally on a hot item to be hysterical and cynical in equal measures.

Hey, some folks who may be desperate enough to purchase one might take a bite of N-Y's patently obvious after-market level gouging. Personally, I find their bald faced opportunism to cash in royally on a hot item to be hysterical and cynical in equal measures.

And for those buyers that do, good on them. I wouldn't presume (and I'm not saying that you are either) to judge anyone on what they spend their money on. It's. Their. Cash.

BUT

N-Y gouging at twice the damn price fresh off of not being able to fulfill orders speaks so many volumes it's not even funny. How many of those units are cancelled pre-orders that people didn't wait on? And now they can sell them at twice the price. That's just some epic level douchebaggery.

-b.

Unless of course, they never sell, and they sit there for a few months unsold, until they drop the price to something reasonable. ^_^

Pretty sure that's happened before.

Wouldn't count on it, they still have the 25A at their last mark-up price of 16,000 JPY and the 25F that's being re-issued in a month at 25,500 JPY.

And I'm not saying they should sell them for 17,000 JPY or less, sure mark it up, but TWICE the price? Ugh. I wish there was another (easy as click, add, order) alternative for Bandai exclusives as I wouldn't do business with N-Y if you paid me.

-b.

That does suck but as long as they can spare the warehouse space they can likely sit on that price as long as they need to. It only takes a few impatient customers...

I just got my shipping confirmation from NY. I guess I am one of the last one to get theirs but happy that they finally sent it out and fullfilled their orders. Like I said when it was first put out for preorders, this is Ozma, so demand will be high and I wouldn't take the risk that this will be readily available after the release date. I am glad I got my order from NY even with the small markup during their preorders.