Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

It feels as if there's been a shift in desire for the other YF-29's. Right after ozzy came out there's a huge glut of Alto and 30th anni 29's on Mandarake.

I guess Japanese peeps that only had enough room to display one chose Ozzy :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

Holy crap. One of the local stores is going to be stocking the Ozma YF-29 for $200 at the end of the month ($30 deposit). Hell yes I may get two.

awesome! i think you should get 5 imo:)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nah, you can be the one with the most on this board :D

lol, but seriously if you have the chance and the funds, it may be good to get more than one. anyways, that's great news you can get it for so low. post some pics if it works out!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

lol, went to the store and talked to the guy for a lil bit. Quite like it that the guy says he won't price things according to the aftermarket like some stores and will follow the retail in Japan (slightly marked up due to import of course, hopefully this doesn't change). Kinda interesting as he didn't even know he was getting the Ozma stocked till last week.

Also found it funny that when he asked if I wanted to look for anything else other than Macross and I just blanked out. Basically no :D

Hope to get more stuff from him (too bad I'm leaving before the YF-30 comes out).

lol, went to the store and talked to the guy for a lil bit. Quite like it that the guy says he won't price things according to the aftermarket like some stores and will follow the retail in Japan (slightly marked up due to import of course, hopefully this doesn't change). Kinda interesting as he didn't even know he was getting the Ozma stocked till last week.

Also found it funny that when he asked if I wanted to look for anything else other than Macross and I just blanked out. Basically no :D

Hope to get more stuff from him (too bad I'm leaving before the YF-30 comes out).

Is this in Hong Kong?

the ebay auction ended at 305 plus 24.99 shipping. and the other one has 5 days to go at this moment and most likely will go up to 25000yen or above. plus proxy fees and shipping. i don't think that helps. he's hoping for a reissue so he doesn't have to try and outbid someone over proxy or ebay.

if they don't reissue ozma, (which by the chance they do, it will be in a year or two later, but knowing how long it's taken to reissue 25s, i think bandai may not if ever) i think this would be the fastest hike in prices for a bandai in a while. damn i guess anything ozma is a hot item.

looking at the completed listings on ebay it's all rising:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=yf-29+ozma&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

The Yahoo! Japan auction sold for exactly ¥25,000.

And judging by the rating number it was a proxy bidder who snatched it from the natives. :lol:

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Ozma isn't in huge supply in Hk at the moment. Only one store had it when I was browsing.

DX macross is also pretty dry here. Been around alot and I've only seen:

x3 Lucifer Renewal

x1 VF-25A

x1 YF-29 30th

x2 YF-29 Isamu

Quite a few Arcadia/ Yamato stuff around though but I don't follow so :X

I recently received my Ozma from N-Y. It came missing the antenna on one side. The box was opened (the factory tape was cut on one side of the box) but I couldn't tell for sure if the tape on the foam portion where the valkyrie had been taped back up or not. Most likely this unit came from another store since mine was part of the later shipments and it was wrapped in a plastic bag.

I contacted N-Y and they said I have to ship the whole figure back to them so that they can send it back to Bandai for inspection. I decided to just keep it as is since it's not worth it to me to spend additional money on shipping the figure back to them which they will not reimburse. I guess this will stay in fighter mode forever..

I recently received my Ozma from N-Y. It came missing the antenna on one side. The box was opened (the factory tape was cut on one side of the box) but I couldn't tell for sure if the tape on the foam portion where the valkyrie had been taped back up or not. Most likely this unit came from another store since mine was part of the later shipments and it was wrapped in a plastic bag.

I contacted N-Y and they said I have to ship the whole figure back to them so that they can send it back to Bandai for inspection. I decided to just keep it as is since it's not worth it to me to spend additional money on shipping the figure back to them which they will not reimburse. I guess this will stay in fighter mode forever..

Damn, sorry to hear that.

One of our members made replacement head lasers for the original 29, why not see if we can get him (kurisama) to make Ozzy ones.

I would buy spare shapeways sets just to add some variety to my 29's :D

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that.

I was preparing on Shapeways a replacement antenna for Ozma's YF-29, just because I think that the original ones are too bulky compared to the game's screenshots.

Unfortunately, I was planning to get my YF-29 Ozma after release but the current price is preventing me to get one. So probably someone else like Kurisama could do a better/slicker version of the current ones if he get some time!

Caved today when my supplier got one box in for $220. Glad to have an Ozma for a reasonable price. Box came a bit dented up top, but it's still better than $310 for the only one I saw on the shelf a few days ago in another store. The dude gave me the friend price but hopefully prices will come down a bit after the initial rush.

Maybe I'm kidding myself. Anyways, David I did get that second one!

Edited by Shukenzero

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey all,

how do you avoid scraping the yellow paint off the sides of the 29 ozma head during transformation? any tips?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks! I was aware of removing the hat and lasers. Im more concerned the cheeks rubbing against the sides of the neck cover when pulling the head up. It just seems to be a tight space where the head is housed. Any trick to this?

this is where it looks like it might hit:

7a43383c-s.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Where the heck do you live that such a rare event occurs without some harmony gold assfrakkery?

Edit: Nvm: Answer found further down as I read.

Edited by XFJ-01A

Where the heck do you live that such a rare event occurs without some harmony gold assfrakkery?

Edit: Nvm: Answer found further down as I read.

Well to be fair I think they ordered like 10 units tops (guy says he runs two stores). They have the Alto and 30th Anniversary YF-29 priced the same as the aftermarket so I guess he meant that he will follow the MSRP WHEN the item comes out. The markup happens after a while has passed (just my guess). Maybe I told him abit too much on the aftermarket and may have made him want to sell stuff for a higher price. Who knows :X Gotta tell him though that even though there is a markup in the aftermarket, no one is buying them at those prices (minus the VF-25S, people are nuts)

*guilty* I paid almost 300 For my 25S

But when it's an iconic machine like the Commander's mount, Sellers know they are in demand. And thats when the prices go up.

But I have to admit you're lucky to have a local store that sells. We had a store in my region that sold the the VF-25 Plamo for a month before they got a C&D letter from the company that must not be named. Owner attributed it to a guy who kept complaining they didn't carry toynami stuff.

Anyway, back to the Ozzy, Someone posted a remedy to the Loose Air intake Cover a few pages back. Something about shaving a tab? At the moment mine is being held in place with a small bit of Loctite Mounting clay.
I'd browse back, but my boss is hovering around the area.

That was David Bingen, I think. Shave off the mount tab to about half of what it currently is, and it should slot right in, according to him.