Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

i wonder where are the people who defends NY saying that the supplies issues NY is facing is due to the people who cancelled their order.

for every cancelled order, NY is making a lot of profits now while some of the folks who pre-order their items has still yet to receive shipping notice.

i wonder where are the people who defends NY saying that the supplies issues NY is facing is due to the people who cancelled their order.

for every cancelled order, NY is making a lot of profits now while some of the folks who pre-order their items has still yet to receive shipping notice.

I'm sure the majority of people cancel items that are not hard to get after release. :p

Wow! Relax. I have waited almost a month after the 25G was released before getting the shipping notice from NY. Never I had become angry with them. Instead I've gone with the fastest shipment and that seems to do the trick.

Cancelling orders do impose problem with reseller. Macross 1/60 is not cheap like Gundam plastic models so they have to make sure these stocks sell.

I'm really happy with this VALK it looks really aggressive, in a soviet SU-47 kind of way...

Had a few small glue marks, most noticeable on the seam of the rear cannon (left side). It's like a small dot 1.5mm across but doesn't wipe off, it's crusty like a cement that has hardened.

I will try to break it down with acetone, any suggestions?

We don't know how NY operates, how they secure stock what agreements they have with their suppliers. Just imaging you operating a business where you take preorders without upfront or partial deposit, and then 30% of those orders get cancelled. If you commit to your supplier to order certain numbers, then you get stuck with the stock. If prices goes up, good on them, Down bad for them. If you are able to cancel them, then the supplier will see you as unreliable and in future or with the current orders may cancel them.

We don't know how profitable the YF-29 Ozma is to NY given that they have to secure stock from other places to fullfill their orders. For all we know, they may have made very little or no profit just to fullfill their orders. Any excess stock they have now, then they will be making profit, but they may not have on their preorders.

Yes, but we know exactly how N-Y tends to operate, as scalpers if and when they can and as an above-board e-tailer in the same vein as HLJ, Ami-Ami, Hobby Search and the like . This goes beyond the Macross merchandise they carry.

There are things that I like about N-Y (convenience of getting exclusives greatest among them) and thinks that I don't (like the instant 100% mark-up once they have a "new" supply of Ozma 29's when they were having such a hard time fulfilling orders at a cheaper cost).

That being said they can run their business in the way that best suits them and people can choose to spend their money in the way that best suits them. It's all good. B))

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow! Relax. I have waited almost a month after the 25G was released before getting the shipping notice from NY. Never I had become angry with them.

??? and you're not angry. wow, you're a patient man.

I'm really happy with this VALK it looks really aggressive, in a soviet SU-47 kind of way...

Had a few small glue marks, most noticeable on the seam of the rear cannon (left side). It's like a small dot 1.5mm across but doesn't wipe off, it's crusty like a cement that has hardened.

I will try to break it down with acetone, any suggestions?

All current DX valks use superglue for assembly, so acetone is your best best. Just beware that acetone will eat paint very quickly, and can attack plastic over time.

Personally I tend to sand/scrape most of the excess glue away, and not try to get ALL of it, at the risk of causing damage trying to get that last bit off.

PS---I think it looks like the Su-47 too. :) (I'm betting it's intentional, and why they made the nosecone so pale)

Hahah...I painted myself into a corner with the "received" part of that, eh? According to my statement, I suppose it does ;)

How about "Is there anyone left who is still waiting for NY to ship their preorder?" :ph34r:

:lol:Literally at my keyboard shaking my head...that VF-4G has been there for awhile, but that's such a(another) classic example.

-b.

I regret selling mine for the price I did, before I had received it I already sold it to another member, as soon as it was in my hands it was already on its way back out. I sold it for what I essentially pre-ordered it for plus shipping, I should have sat on it and sold it now, people apparently really love Ozma's stuff.

He's pretty much consistently been the most popular release by Bandai, I think. He's top tier so buying an Ozma early is always a good move.

Edited by xrentonx

I regret selling mine for the price I did, before I had received it I already sold it to another member, as soon as it was in my hands it was already on its way back out. I sold it for what I essentially pre-ordered it for plus shipping, I should have sat on it and sold it now, people apparently really love Ozma's stuff.

I guess it was better you presold it, as I'm sure the member was happy he didn't have to pay the current price. Unless you wanted to keep it, of course. Just ridiculous prices at the moment and rising.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Never angry at toys. There are other more important things in life.

that's a great outlook on life. i guess being into nice cars you got other things to enjoy. i'm not sure if everyone can have that outlook. especially if they are in a hobby where waiting a months of anticipation of a release, staying up sleepless night to get in on an early bird pre-order. i see more people angry of thing not getting released on time.

imagine waiting for an oil change for that NSX car you drive and they say it'll take about 30 minutes so you decide wait for it instead dropping it off. turns out they keep servicing other cars and forget about yours. 6 hours later they finally change your oil and you wasted a half day. i'm pretty sure you'd be feeling unpleasant at the shop.

that's a great outlook on life. i guess being into nice cars you got other things to enjoy. i'm not sure if everyone can have that outlook. especially if they are in a hobby where waiting a months of anticipation of a release, staying up sleepless night to get in on an early bird pre-order. i see more people angry of thing not getting released on time.

imagine waiting for an oil change for that NSX car you drive and they say it'll take about 30 minutes so you decide wait for it instead dropping it off. turns out they keep servicing other cars and forget about yours. 6 hours later they finally change your oil and you wasted a half day. i'm pretty sure you'd be feeling unpleasant at the shop.

...and they exchanged the oil with water. ;)

Wow! Such hatred. It's not like I get things for free. I work hard so I can play hard. Now my car becomes a victim. Lol. Do something else more useful. I'm sure we are all grown up here. :)

Btw I did get my car service much later than others (especially when GT-R comes in). No problem for me.

Edited by KH355hamdi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow! Such hatred. It's not like I get things for free. I work hard so I can play hard. Now my car becomes a victim. Lol. Do something else more useful. I'm sure we are all grown up here. :)

i think you misunderstand. it's not hatred. btw, i love you car. relax. i think it's common sense for people to get mad when there are delays. and you chose the higher road and not to get angry when you get screwed over on toys. but again that's not most people. but i think it silly to say wow relax! while you waited a month before getting your 25g and state you didn't get angry(i think you're very patient or like getting screwed over) and you choose faster shipping to solve everything. it actually sounds condescending bc you're saying it's just a toy not worth getting mad about. so i pointed out it's not bc it's a toy, people get mad about poor customer service. that's why i used the car service example to help relate to something you own.

if you have been reading the threads people have chose faster shipping and still got screwed.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Btw I did get my car service much later than others (especially when GT-R comes in). No problem for me.

???

(i'm not sure if you're starting to brag about getting screwed over)

ok, let's talk about ozma 29, sorry to derail the thread. i just ordered 3 more supers.

it looks like NY is the cheapest base price but their shipping is a bit higher unless you go with SAL unregistered.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

All current DX valks use superglue for assembly, so acetone is your best best. Just beware that acetone will eat paint very quickly, and can attack plastic over time.Personally I tend to sand/scrape most of the excess glue away, and not try to get ALL of it, at the risk of causing damage trying to get that last bit off.PS---I think it looks like the Su-47 too. :) (I'm betting it's intentional, and why they made the nosecone so pale)

Thanks for the advice, just used a sharp blade and carefully scratched off the excess glue.