Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Hikaru Special Movie Ver ??

kengiu

Just what we need...another form of display stand

What does this make it? The fourth type?

Looks like the one that came with the YF-21 or SV-51...just slightly modified.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any difference between the DYRL? VF-1S/A besides the head. The Macross Mecha Manual shows a black canopy cover on the A but iirc the VF-1A from Yamato had also a red canopy cover. So is it possible that Arcadia includes two heads for the S and the A similar to the new Bandai kit. Or would it be impossible to swap the heads out because of the attachment to the main fuselage? (I don't have a Yamato VF-1)

On the other hand that would prevent us from double dipping so I'm not sure that Arcadia wants to do that.

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if I should buy one but since I don't like the head of the A that much I could live with a squad of 3 VF-1S and 1 VF-1A. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

I might have missed it, but is there any difference in the actual toy or are we just expected to shell out full toy price for a nifty stand?

The only difference is they will include waterslide decals in addition to the stand. the valk itself will be identical. Mr. K on his twitter said all future releases will have raised prices to keep their business afloat.

The only difference is they will include waterslide decals in addition to the stand. the valk itself will be identical. Mr. K on his twitter said all future releases will have raised prices to keep their business afloat.

And hundreds upon thousands of happy wallets and pocket books suddenly cried out in fear...

Their business won't be afloat too long if they expect us to fund them by offering the same product at an 8000 yen markup with just a stand and decals to add to the value.

To put it in perspective, the VF-1 30th annis were 9800 yen.

An 8000 markup on a 9800 yen product is an 81% increase in price just for the stand and decals.

The VF-1J 30th I've already preordered and prepaid because it's a limited release item but I'm on the fence on these.

Edited by Duymon

The only critique about the stand that I agree with is the one where someone pointed out that the "support" blocks the gunpod. That's a little strange given how nice the VF-1 mold looks from most angles. Leave the base alone or make it smaller--Arcadia should do what it has to do--either way the rest of the stand should get out of the way when posing the figure.

That said, I'm looking forward to having option parts and waterslide decals, as these are nice extras for us late collectors. I think reconsidering the weathered paint jobs would be nice too since these seem to be limited pieces.

Edited by technoblue

Their business won't be afloat too long if they expect us to fund them by offering the same product at an 8000 yen markup with just a stand and decals to add to the value.

To put it in perspective, the VF-1 30th annis were 9800 yen.

An 8000 markup on a 9800 yen product is an 81% increase in price just for the stand and decals.

The VF-1J 30th I've already preordered and prepaid because it's a limited release item but I'm on the fence on these.

I'm sure new collectors coming into the fray (like me) would pay this price rather than the marked up Yamato versions. It's better to have one than not have one at all. I'll just have to resign to the fact that, as long as I don't want to just by leftover Yamato Hayao's or CF's, I have to pay the new price tier.

Yamato hasn't had shoulder problems in years. Obviously they had to increase the price to not lose money, there's nothing they can do about that, but they're including Waterslide decals and a stand, two things many people have wanted them to do to compensate for the issue. It's unfortunate, as when I started collecting I'm not sure I would have jumped at that price like I did for my $120 1A with Fast Packs, on the other hand it's not a charity. If they weren't selling at a profit then that as they say is that.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yamato- Bankrupt-Panic ensues-prices skyrocket-Arcadia relaunches- learns lessons -from over printing variants for a mold that become shelf warmers- very careful in future releases- fewer printing-adjusted higher prices

Citation needed (?)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

just reposting mr. k twitters from previous posts:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39547&p=1060994

Mr. K says will re-release fast packs, armor but expect higher prices

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&p=1059741

Arcadia will not make many color variants (lose money)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&p=1059782

translation of the 2nd post