Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Strange I always felt the VF-1's were some of the tougher valks released as far as transformation, it just be me though as I have handled a ton of them now.

QFT. The VF-1's are very tough and well made apart from the few bad shoulder releases years ago. Watch a video or two first if you are nervous. That's what I do! Firm but gentle is what ur motto should be when transforming these things. Don't force things and don't be in a hurry!

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's important to have a stuffed tiger nearby watching you to verify the transformation. i recommend Hobbes as he's pretty reliable to Calvin.

After getting mine in the door there from HKCollectibles ... my god it was worth waiting for! Solid looking Valk! The stand could probably hold my weight, would be nice in a solid color like white. Years of watching you lads with the Yamato 1/48s and then the 1/60s I'm glad I've finally picked up one!

I'm handling it as if it was fragile so far managed to gently pop open the landing gear doors! Looking forward to giving the transformation a whack later... maybe not in the manor Mr-K attacks the VF-1 :D

Sooooo after one week staying in customs the VF-1 should be in my hands tomorrow. Any advice for handling the toy because it will be my first Yamcadia VF-1. :)

It seems that my package was send from customs at the airport directly to customs in my local area. Because of New Year it will remain there for probably another weak. Then they will send me a letter that something was wrong with the shipping papers (something that never happened before with hlj shipments) and I can go to the customs office myself and getting the package and paying a fee. Then new years begins with a bang already. <_<

Oh well, anticipation is the best! -_-

Edited by Scyla

Fragile my ass, these Arcadia VF's are strong like Bear!

So strong I was physically shaking trying to get the knee and foot to extend!! Bloody heck it was stiff!! A rewarding click though once it pops into place. I was mainly worried about those smaller pieces like the fins on the legs and the backpack, when my hands were all over the place trying to get a grip on things to extend everything. The double joint on the backpack would not bend what so ever causing the backpack to split a bit which worried me! Had to sneak a small flat head in there to try and pry it free!

Need a rest from transforming it so it'll stay in battroid for a while lol I'm worn out :lol:

post-3125-0-79201700-1388506040_thumb.jpg

Edited by daBlah!

All 3 of my Arcadia valks have yet to be freed from cardboard prison. I wish the place that I ordered my display cases from were not back ordered until Feb.

And Yes Skullmilitia, Strong like Bear!

Edited by Loop

• 2 weeks later...

1. Don't be afraid to pop the legs out from the back hatch. The hook is sturdy and I've never heard of one breaking

2. Don't be afraid to pull the knee joint down either, it's also pretty tough.

3. Make sure you're folding the backpack properly - most breaks on a Yammie VF-1 are on the backpack hinge. some people just fold it straight up and snap the plastic around the hinge.

4. Pull the arms around, and lift the whole housing up over the bump. Doesn't take much pressure.

5.After that it's just snapping things in place, and locking the swing bar into the nose cone. (The blast shield can be a little annoying but just push it down until it locks.)

I'm pretty sure my youtube channel has the highest quality V2 transformation video online.

I made it because the only other one that is around is from collectiondx and it's fuzzy and hard to see.

Edited by Gakken85

Finally got my Arcadia review up. Sorry i'm a little monotone, still recovering from that cold. Starts a little slow too as there's a lot of history now. I think it's done in the highest resolution I've used yet so check it out on HD by going to my Youtube page.

Edited by jenius

Ok, haven't kept up with this thread but glanced through it. Was wondering if this was basically a V2 Yamato mold with different paint and tampo? Just asking cause I am purchasing Valk009's Armor kit and want to make sure it will fit the Arcadia version. Thanks

Ok, haven't kept up with this thread but glanced through it. Was wondering if this was basically a V2 Yamato mold with different paint and tampo? Just asking cause I am purchasing Valk009's Armor kit and want to make sure it will fit the Arcadia version. Thanks

Yes it's the same mold

That's pretty cool about the Jenius and Milia releases on the sticker sheets.

Hope we get more info on those soon :D

I imagine they will be around $220, (or $180 with PO discounts) but still a little cheaper than aftermarket... especially for the Milia.

Edited by Gakken85

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't it possible Arcadia just took the files for the old Yamato sticker sheets and simply swapped out the Yamato logo for the Arcadia one? Don't get me wrong, those models will probably all get released anyway (maybe not Kakizaki), but it may be reading a bit too much into things to assume that the markings on the sticker sheet are indications of future releases.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Im surprised your old roy valk doesnt have any paint worn off by the swing bar as well as where you removed the cockpit from the body. That arcadia paint scratch sticks out. Im going to be careful with mine.