!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

From the sound of it, it seems Apart from changing from Die cast to plastic, the same issue with the transformation remained from the 1/72 to the 1/60.
Ah well. I still really like the look of it though.

Maybe if Arcadia makes a v2/3 YF-19 next time haha

you can get an okay neutral stance out of the 1/60 YF-19 BATTROID by angling the GERWALK thigh joints out a notch;

YF-191-60vIJOHN-2-20-13_zpsdf57db5c.jpg

- it sure does end up looking mighty sad beside the 1/60 19k/S/F/P all the same...

VF-19SJOHN-3-30-136_zps402e1bf6.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Anyone from Japan know where to get Yamato VF's in Tokyo? Would like to know where to search...

Your best bet would be in Akihabara. Or go to Nakano and find Mandarake. Mandarake has a bunch of different brances around Japan...the ones closest are Nakano, Akihabara, and Shibuya. VFs used to be sold in Yodobashi Cameras and Bic Cameras, but they're all sold out now. Good luck.

Your best bet would be in Akihabara. Or go to Nakano and find Mandarake. Mandarake has a bunch of different brances around Japan...the ones closest are Nakano, Akihabara, and Shibuya. VFs used to be sold in Yodobashi Cameras and Bic Cameras, but they're all sold out now. Good luck.

Try and look for a shop called yellow submarine.

Try and look for a shop called yellow submarine.

I went to Yellow Submarine in Akihabara about 2 weeks ago and saw no Yamato figures. I'm sure they all got swept up in the panic.

I went to Yellow Submarine in Akihabara about 2 weeks ago and saw no Yamato figures. I'm sure they all got swept up in the panic.

Ouch that bad huh, when I was there couple years back they were selling valks at half price and had loads.

Aaaackkkk....got desperate and just bought this:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/ja/item_s-1204424.html

I most likely would have done the same thing. I already have one of the original releases, so I have not really been looking for any VF-1D's. It's an iconic valk though and if it is not released again, at least you caught one before it goes super sky high.

Just bought a 30th anniv. VF-1S Hikaru to replace my old one (old crotch, tinted canopy and slight discoloration) w/c i sold off a couple of weeks ago. Got it for ~$125 w/c is pretty good considering the crazy prices these days.

I really wish we had gotten a new YF-19 before Yamato went under. It was the only valk i was waiting for them to make. :(

Just bought a 30th anniv. VF-1S Hikaru to replace my old one (old crotch, tinted canopy and slight discoloration) w/c i sold off a couple of weeks ago. Got it for ~$125 w/c is pretty good considering the crazy prices these days.

I really wish we had gotten a new YF-19 before Yamato went under. It was the only valk i was waiting for them to make. :(

That is actually an awesome price. Where did you get it?

so I suppose, no dyamic poses with the YF-19 then?

to a fair bit of massaging you can get some decent poses, just nothing quite like what you can achieve with the 19k/S/F/P...

Edited by Shaorin

did a quick book keeping and ytd i have spend about 4500 on toys already. 2.3k goes to macross and 2.2k goes to chogokin, saint seiya and other hobbies.

I think I am there too except more like $500 on Chogokin and everything else to Macross. I won't crunch the numbers because it scares me :(

Well, I s'pose the panic has called me to take action. I've been a fan of Macross toys ever since my dad brought me back my first Takatoku 1/55 VF-1J (Hikaru Ichijo Type) from a TDY assignment in Japan, when I was around 6 or 7. I started collecting again with Yamato's first offering of the 1/72 YF-19, in which the infamous tab-B broke, but I still liked that this new company was producing Macross toys again and I was determined to support them. From that time, I bought the rest of the Macross Plus toys, a few of the 1/60 v.1 toys, and I still remember being super-excited but always finding that toys lacked that solid feel of the 1/55s and always seemed to be plagued by durability/design flaws. I also remember getting my first Yamato 1/48 VF-1A and feeling that it was about as close to Macross perfection I could lay my hands on, but still found that they were a bit too floppy and parts/accessories didn't stay attached too well. I got a 1/60 YF-19 and VF-0S that had the arms explode a short time later. I would keep tabs on the newer stuff and heard there were problems with shoulders of the 1/60 v.2 toys and decided to just stick with my Takatoku 1/55's. I did keep my 1/60 VF-0A and 1/48 VF-1A with TV Super Armor as those toys were the only ones that didn't give me any problems.

Yamato was truly a great company for their efforts, but I felt I was done for good with buying anymore of their toys. I'll admit seeing the 1/60 v.2 VF-1D and VE-1 almost made me come back, but the prices were too high for me, especially considering I was a new father with a child to support. After hearing the recent news that Yamato was no more, I decided to take another look at some of Yamato's offerings and decided to add my favorites (with durability/design fixes) into my Macross collection. In the last few weeks, I replaced my 1/60 YF-19 (weathering version), 1/60 VF-11B, and my very first 1/60 v.2 toy, the VE-1 with optional parts which arrived earlier today. I am beyond impressed with this one. For the first time, I felt that they finally got it right. I still plan on adding a VF-1D, VF-1S Roy Focker TV version and the 1/60 YF-21. There's a couple other items I may add, but it all depends how much money I can raise selling stuff I no longer want on eBay, which, fortunately, has been going well. I blame the panic, but I these really are great toys and I just wish I had kept faith in Yamato long enough to have gotten them before the prices doubled.

post-415-0-37089500-1365914227_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ebay item 251256870233

http://bit.ly/17b9p8H

Did I miss something?

This is still at HKC for 90$.

Anyone?

the ebay item is the vf-1j command mass production. which differs in color (it's lighter in color) and the head is different. and it is hard to get.

I've always wondered why the VT-1 Super Ostrich has always been such a demanded valk, I understand with the v1 era because they were so freaking rare, but when the v2 came out it widely released and everyone and their mothers got one (except me :unsure: ), but I honestly, along the elintseeker, do not like those valks.

I was eying the VF-1D that went for 220 something, this things are just becoming too expensive and my gf was with me watching the auction yelling why are this toys so expensive, LOL.

Man, it must feel real good to have bought this things when they were on sale and see them go for 5 times their price now.

I will finish my collection soon with a VF-17D a few VF-1A's but I have accepted I will never get a VF-1D, VF-1J cannon fodder and VF-11C and a bunch of super strike parts. Scalpers price are just getting ridiculous and the fact that people are buying them is the worst. I hope Arcadia is seeing all this Macross mayhem and decides to continue Yamato's Macross license.

The VT-1, on first release, had the shoulder problem. A lot of people had waited on several of the releases to be sure there weren't any issues and the VT-1 was verified to have one so people skipped it. They want a rerelease with the fixed crotch and the shoulders that are good and it's never happened. It did also sell out pretty fast as well. Not like a new Bandai, but pretty fast.

On the other hand I'm wondering why the 11C is suddenly in such high demand as it languished on shelves for years. I was able to buy a second and third version for much cheaper than retail during one of HLJ's Christmas sales a year after it was released.

... and my gf was with me watching the auction yelling why are this toys so expensive, LOL.

Luckily I'm a lone Macross collector (yet). Girls just dont get how can I spend to much money on this things.

I do not understand either why the 11C suddenly became a sought after valk since its a cannon fodder, right before Yamato filed bankruptcy I had a chance to get an 11C but thought I could let it slide because I didn't think people would buy it, boy was I wrong.

My gf (soon to be fiancé), has no problem with my collection, she likes it, she even says when I'm finally done she will get me a kickass display setting for all my valks, but she's seen how many I've bought recently and was like "do you really need to spend 200+ more on that ugly orange?, you're not done building the assembly kit yet, why do you need another, why why why?". In the end she just laughs and says, "it's your money, don't complain about why I buy more shoes and bags".

But I just don't feel paying over 200 for all this "rare" valks with old crotch and no option parts that were going for about 90 on sale is justifiably, I understand perhaps de VF-1J M&M, the Virgin Road, VF-1S Max, VF-4G, this are valks that have always been rare and everyone wants, but the other valks....nope. I did shell out a lot for two GBP-1S armor, but I really needed those.

I really wish Arcadia would give some news soon. :(

The VT-1, on first release, had the shoulder problem. A lot of people had waited on several of the releases to be sure there weren't any issues and the VT-1 was verified to have one so people skipped it. They want a rerelease with the fixed crotch and the shoulders that are good and it's never happened. It did also sell out pretty fast as well. Not like a new Bandai, but pretty fast.

IIRC the VT-1 has the fixed crotch.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hi all,

i've been reading this thread everyday but i'm really shy about posting bc i can't take photos well. (i'm going to try and post pictures later, edit: posted pictures) thank you all for sharing your loot and i hope you don't mind me sharing my list:)

:

Just in March/April: item and prices paid including shipping

vf-1smovie_zpsb89f7a50.jpg

superandstrike_zpsbe692866.jpg

vf-1s roy movie color 30th anniv w/ optional parts + super and strike parts 30th anniv 215 usd shipped

vf-1stv_zpsc99a921d.jpg

vf-1s tv color 30th anniversary w/ optional parts 140 usd shipped

sr-51rivanov_zps45ffcf0f.jpg

vf-j_zps49cc102f.jpg

vf-1j mass production + SV-51r D.D. ivanov macross zero gamma type paid 428 shipped EMS.

vf-1acav_zpsba971562.jpg

Vf-1a sfv-26 cav 158 usd shipped

photo_zps51281a39.jpg

Got some decent prices and score, Thanks to this thread i'm buying more this week!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

hi all,

i've been reading this thread everyday but i'm really shy about posting bc i can't take photos well. (i'm going to try and post pictures later, edit: posted pictures) thank you all for sharing your loot and i hope you don't mind me sharing my list:)

:

Just in M

vf-1acav_zpsba971562.jpg

Vf-1a sfv-26 cav 158 usd shipped

Where did you get the Cav from?