!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

So now that Panic mode is in full Swing, lets see how crazy everyone has been in the last few days.

Start posting up your hordes of Valk on this week or reckoning! or wrecking, if you have a wallet.

I've only secured..

(1) DYRL 1/48 cannon fodder TV

(1) 1/60 VF-1J DIY

(1) 1/60 VF-11B

but I'm short on funds, gotta scrape through the cushions.

What have you Bought?

panic-attack-symptoms.png

Oh man - this is my most insane Macross haul ever:

(1) VF-19P

(1) VF-17D with super pack

(1) Super pack for VF-17 (spare due to holding out on VF-17S for a little longer)

(1) VF-19F

(1) VF-22S Milia

(2) 1/60 VF-1S Roy TV version

(1) 1/60 VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki

(1) 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru

(2) 1/60 VF-1S DYRL Hikaru 30th anniversary ed.

(1) 1/60 GPB-1S armor parts

(1) 1/60 VF-1S DYRL Roy 30th anniversary ed.

And this is all the stuff I lagged on over the years. I actually bought a few of these just before the great panic but I elevated it during the past week. This isn't including the upcoming Bandai stuff (VF-171EX CF, YF-29 Anniversary, RVF-25 LUCA)! :o

Edited by Valkyrie23

My personal collection is pretty much complete, with the exception of the weathered edition v2's, the Bird of prey YF-19 and the 25th Anniversary YF-19. That being said I bought all of these for the closet:

1/60 VF-1A SVF-26 Cavaliers

1/60 VF-1A Movie with Optional Parts 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt w/ Super Parts

1/60 VF-19 Custom Fire Basara Nekki

1/60 VF-19S Emerald Force

1/60 VF-19F Emerald Force 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-19P Planet Zola Patrol Color

1/60 VF-17S Diamond Force

1/60 Super Pack for VF-17

1/60 VF-17D with Super Pack 30th Anniversary

Now we're counting other stuff?! Crap...

I also have everything in a spreadsheet and I've been and will continue to sell off things to help mitigate the cost.

My collecting priority is Macross, so if I have to get rid of non macross stuff then SO BE IT! :rolleyes:

Except of course a few pieces close to the heart (MP Optimus, various comic figures, etc.)

Bought these just before the whole Yamato / Arcadia thing happened -mostly late last year
VF-1S Hi-metal
VF-1S 30th Anniversary (Roy and Hikaru)
2 x Strike/Super Packs
VF-19Kai with Sound Booster
Quad Rau x 2 (Max and Millia)
VF-1A CF
VF-19P

More recently as a panic buy
YF-19 1/60 v1 (2nd hand)
Fold/Booster Pack (2nd hand)
VF-1J with Fast Pack bundle (pending as the site may be a dud)
VF-11B

Probably nothing much in Yamato's catalog I really want. I wouldn't mind a YF-19 renewed package (preferably with Fold /boost pack) if I could get one
Would still want a VB-6 and VF-25S/F (but those are Bandai)

I am strictly keeping it to Yamato Macross buys that were because of the news. I don't think it is necessary to list all my other toys I have bought since Jan. From Jan 2012 to now, I have spent the most ever on collectibles and the list is huge lol. I am actually wondering if I went overboard with my panic buy list, I guess I could let some of them go If I decide that was the case. I already have at least one of each thing on my list of panic buys in my collection already.

Edited by Loop

Basically right now, my hand is forced to get some of the "optional" items I was debating whether to get:

Got:

1/60 VF-17 Super parts

1/60 weathered olive green Tomahawk

1/60 weathered khaki Defender

Still debating:

- 2nd 1/60 VF-17S + accompanying super packs (Since I cannot complete Diamond Force with the 17D cheaply, i'll use the 17Ss as the followers instead of the leader)

- 2nd 1/60 VF-19s (Since I cannot complete Diamond Force with the 19F cheaply, i'll use the 19Ss as the followers instead of the leader)

- 1/60 unassembled VF-1D - mainly for the unique option part: the vertical 2 seater

Edited by BlueMax

I suppose that my last purchases (one VF-17S and one VF-19S) could be considered panic buys, or maybe impulsive ones; however, I prefer to refer to them as belated aquisitions that happened to coincide with all the bad news regarding Yamato and welcomed discounts from HKC. Aside from the one time expense for a VF-4G upon its release, this has been the most I've ever spent on a single month on Macross related collectibles, or any collectibles for that matter. After these two birds, the only Yamato VFs I still need to call my collection complete are a 1/60 VF-1A 2.0 CF TV ver. and a VF-22S Max; if I were to come across a VF-19F and/or P and a VF-17D for roughly the same price as the deals I got on the two I bought from HKC I'd get them too.

the past two weeks i picked up:

Bandai 1/60 yf-29 durandal alto custom

Bandai 1/60 yf-29 durandal 30th aniversary

Bandai 1/60 vf-25g renewal michael

1/60 vf-1s roy fokker tv version

1/60 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki (TV Version)

also picked up a diamond force vf-17d and a vf-19 diamond force from hk collectibles.

spent a little too much lol

I have no more room at my apartment. 'm also trying to force myself to open up more of my toys and get rid of
the boxes. I do it for a select few keeper/sacrificial "play" valkyries, but I want to extend it. Just have to convince myself that I'm not gonna sell them anyways - at least I don't want to - ever. Other than that, hello parents' garage! Also, I will probably start getting rid of my other, non-Macross collectibles and electronics. If I want a complete lineup of anything, it would be Macross!

Edited by Valkyrie23

So to all the folks making panic purchases here... how are you gonna store all them HUGE ASS Yamato boxes, when you already have limited display space for the Valks themselves?

I recommend what Kicker does. He pulls out the trays and stacks them. Collapses the cardboardboxes and it saves a ton of room.

In terms of buying in the past couple of days, this is what I've purchased... :o

1/48 VF-1J Super Deluxe Maximilian

1/48 VF-1A DYRL Maximilian

1/48 Super & Strike Parts - Stealth Type

1/60 VF-1S TV Roy - 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-1J TV HIKARU

1/60 VF-1A DYRL Hayao Kakizaki

x2 DYRL Super & Strike Parts - 30th Anniversary

Nothing so far. I keep getting out bid on ebay and were too late on the sale threads!

I did get autographed mini helmets by Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

Hey Edi - where did you get the DYRL Super/Strike Parts?

I got them on both on eBay, one was a set with the VF-1S TV 30th, and the other with the VF-1A DYRL. I was kind of surprised to see them at a relatively good price, as the parts alone have sure gone up in the past week or two.

I got them on both on eBay, one was a set with the VF-1S TV 30th, and the other with the VF-1A DYRL. I was kind of surprised to see them at a relatively good price, as the parts alone have sure gone up in the past week or two.

Cool, I will keep an eye out. Thanks!

Wise. I doubt if the 19P will ever get re-issued, Yamato's closure or not.

I don't know if it counts but I was going to wait for the 17D and 19P to go on sale... but then I snatched them up as soon as someone mentioned the 19P was 'low stock' at HLJ.

Lol. You don't grow up in the Philippines and not become boys with Voltes V, Grendizer and Mazinger Z. Where's Deimos?

Oh yeah! I love my robots! Deimos is standing behind Getter Dragon between Zambot 3 and Voltes V in the bottom picture.

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus