!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

i also got no confirmation from Hkc so far.. but i orderd the Kakizaki VF-1A, so i still got hope.

your order was probably gunned downed and exploded on it's was to the shipping department. R.I.P miro79's order

More seriously, even assuming someone buys the molds, they probably won't crank them out as immediately as anyone would like so there would have to at least be a short term scarcity. Ideal scenario a third party acquires them and can get some international licensing behind them. Can't imagine the Yamato used Chinese factories will remain idle while they wait for the transition. That would have to mean a loss of experience even if the skills themselves aren't perishable and that quality will probably go down, though the quality of the designs themselves could mitigate to that some degree.

I wonder if during the interim the factory and/or workers/elements in it would take the opportunity to create some quality-bootlegs with official molds and/or unpainted kits, on short runs. By the time the ownership is sorted out, it would be history.

there is little to no chance that YAMATO/ARCADIA owns a factory of any sort in china or anywhere else.

esoteric Audiophile companies, producing high-end high-dollar Hi-Fi audio gear in chinese factories

do not own any of the said factories that produce production runs of product for them. they merely commission a factory

to produce a specified number of units of specified products for them, to their specifications for parts, fit and finish, and overall cost per unit.

this would basically be how YAMATO and many other "toy" companies have been operating for decades now, and,

depending on the selected factory, "YAMATO's production line" could have been producing anyone's cheap toys and/or high quality collectibles

at any time before and/or after conclusion of any given production run of YAMATO MACROSS product throughout the last decade.

naturally, the higher quality and better skilled the factory, the better their final products will be.

and, naturally as well, the higher the commission costs for a production run.

YAMATO's last few products, before their untimely demise (VF-19k/S/F/P, VF-4G) were entire orders of magnitude superior,

in materials and fit and finish, to everything the firm had produced then prior to. that meant a higher grade of factory was selected,

one that was better suited to produce the quality of product YAMATO obviously desired to have made.

unfortunately, with that kind of high standard came high production cost, evidently far more than YAMATO was able to achieve a return upon,

even with the rampant price hikes towards the end consumer.

YAMATO evidently attempted to at least break even, and failed. there just wasn't a market large enough (and/or well-heeled enough)

for their niche product to sustain them, with the high-production costs of their higher overall standard of product quality...

((smaller size of consumer base = smaller size of production run = higher cost of product per unit = expensive niche market product))

((fewer units made per given production run = higher cost per unit required to produce = higher cost per unit to end consumer))

Edited by Shaorin

there is little to no chance that YAMATO/ARCADIA owns a factory of any sort in china or anywhere else.

esoteric Audiophile companies, producing high-end high-dollar Hi-Fi audio gear in chinese factories

do not own any of the said factories that produce production runs of product for them. they merely commission a factory

to produce a specified number of units of specified products for them, to their specifications for parts, fit and finish, and overall cost per unit.

this would basically be how YAMATO and many other "toy" companies have been operating for decades now, and,

depending on the selected factory, "YAMATO's production line" could have been producing anyone's cheap toys and/or high quality collectibles

at any time before and/or after conclusion of any given production run of YAMATO MACROSS product throughout the last decade.

naturally, the higher quality and better skilled the factory, the better their final products will be.

and, naturally as well, the higher the commission costs for a production run.

YAMATO's last few products, before their untimely demise (VF-19k/S/F/P, VF-4G) were entire orders of magnitude superior,

in materials and fit and finish, to everything the firm had produced then prior to. that meant a higher grade of factory was selected,

one that was better suited to produce the quality of product YAMATO obviously desired to have made.

unfortunately, with that kind of high standard came high production cost, evidently far more than YAMATO was able to achieve a return upon,

even with the rampant price hikes towards the end consumer.

YAMATO evidently attempted to at least break even, and failed. there just wasn't a market large enough (and/or well-heeled enough)

for their niche product to sustain them, with the high-production costs of their higher overall standard of product quality...

((smaller size of consumer base = smaller size of production run = higher cost of product per unit = expensive niche market product))

((fewer units made per given production run = higher cost per unit required to produce = higher cost per unit to end consumer))

Yamato was a big company, with many product lines through out the years, I'd be willing to bet they owned a controlling stake in at least one factory, which would be the reason they were never knocked off. Even still, it's more then likely the main owner of Yamato will end up keeping the stake in the factory.

You can't produce items that won't be knocked off unless you own the factory, Yamato might have seemed small to you, but there are smaller companies in the states that own controlling shares of plants in china, and it's the only way to keep an intellectual property safe.

26 days since I first started collecting. I have vf-1s Hikaru 30th Anniversary and vf-1s Max arriving this Friday and that should be it.....unless I find that vf-1j 30th Anniversary, THEN that should be it!

A few more boxes and I'll be able to build my fort!

044047ec-6238-4acd-9e1b-d62be1ca6705.jpg

Edited by plastik

I'm hoping those are real weapons, though I'm guessing airsoft by the ATACS hat.

Nice collection, though.

No way, all high speed low drag operators keep multiple fully automatic carbines and SMG's on display in their bedrooms.

Damn, I got my 2nd VF-1A cavaliers from BBTS and the box is crushed :( I have not opened it yet to check the contents, but will shortly I guess. I kind of planned to not open it.....

I wish they would have at least sent me an e-mail letting me know the shape of the box. It was really well packed though lol.

Edited by Loop

Damn, I got my 2nd VF-1A cavaliers from BBTS and the box is crushed :( I have not opened it yet to check the contents, but will shortly I guess. I kind of planned to not open it.....

I wish they would have at least sent me an e-mail letting me know the shape of the box. It was really well packed though lol.

if yo don't want it I'm sure someone here will take it off your hands. :p

I hope it's ok. I have bought from them before where the description said substandard box, the received the box smashed but the item still intact. It too was packaged very well lol.

Seems funny but it looks like there isn't much left to buy :(

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

HKC took a while to ship out the last VF-19S I ordered, but it's definitely sitting in LAX customs right now (and has been since the weekend <_<). Seems like they can take a few days, but I wouldn't start worrying.

That's good to know. With the recent debacle with NY cancelling orders people had with them after a week of waiting, I'm a lot more wary now. I'll give HKC a couple more days before I start emailing them.

I also picked up a cavalier from BBTS. I hope its not a crushed box as well. Its sitting in my pile of loot so I won't find out until I free up some space for it.

I hope it's ok. I have bought from them before where the description said substandard box, the received the box smashed but the item still intact. It too was packaged very well lol.

Seems funny but it looks like there isn't much left to buy :(

When I bought it, it did not describe the box as busted lol. I am just a bit upset, this is the first box I have gotten that looks like this and I have almost all of the V2's. Really though as long as the contents are ok, I am fine with it. I have another one that has a nice box.

I know, it feels weird when you don't really have much else to buy. I am still going to focus on Frontier DX valks if I can somehow keep scoring them.

I also picked up a cavalier from BBTS. I hope its not a crushed box as well. Its sitting in my pile of loot so I won't find out until I free up some space for it.

You may have a good box. I happen to buy the last one....

That's good to know. With the recent debacle with NY cancelling orders people had with them after a week of waiting, I'm a lot more wary now. I'll give HKC a couple more days before I start emailing them.

HKC took a week before shipping the two Valks I ordered last month. Don't panic yet, they take their time.

HKC took a week before shipping the two Valks I ordered last month. Don't panic yet, they take their time.

I got a shipping notice today for my order from them. I placed it last Fri I think.

So, has anyone panic-bought a Kakizaki yet?

I have not actually, I already have 1x DYRL and 1x TV version.

Well, he kinda was the fourth horseman. :lol:

I bought my DYRL and TV Kakis a long time ago though from an HLJ sale. They had the Max and Kakizaki 1A strike bundles for about half off, so I couldn't resist. Then my Vermillion squad felt unbalanced, so I grabbed the TV one too. :p

Aren't airsoft weapons supposed to have an orange cap so it doesn't get mistaken with a real weapon?

Only to be sold. You're not required to keep it on there. Some people put on fake suppressors, etc too. And you can, of course, paint the muzzle device on a real weapon with an orange tip if you'd like, too.

So is the consensus that HKC still has that much stock? I hope it lasts until payday. The next couple paydays?

So, has anyone panic-bought a Kakizaki yet?

That would be the last sign before doomsday in the MW Bible. :(

just bought the TV (least wanted of all time?) version... no panic... no reason.

really groggy & sleepy from lack of rest........... maybe i'll wake up in the morning and go "WTF!?!"... that or there won't be a tomorrow as the world will end as we know it.

just bought the TV (least wanted of all time?) version... no panic... no reason.

why is it the least wanted of all time?

I really like the kakizaki tv livery.

and i'm happy i bought it. :)

your order was probably gunned downed and exploded on it's was to the shipping department. R.I.P miro79's order

:D

Yamato was a big company, with many product lines through out the years, I'd be willing to bet they owned a controlling stake in at least one factory, which would be the reason they were never knocked off. Even still, it's more then likely the main owner of Yamato will end up keeping the stake in the factory.

You can't produce items that won't be knocked off unless you own the factory, Yamato might have seemed small to you, but there are smaller companies in the states that own controlling shares of plants in china, and it's the only way to keep an intellectual property safe.

Too late and too tired too write a long reply at the moment, but just to address some of the points.

Yamato were actually a pretty small company. You'd be surprised at how small. I don't think I ever saw more than 20 employees during my visits to there Japan offices. May have been a few more or a few less. Of course if you count the Hong Kong and US operations the number increases, but not by much. When there was a Hong Kong office, it was never more than 4 or 5 people.

No, Yamato did not own a stake in any of the mainland Chinese factories they used over the years.

Yamato were constantly looking for better and more capable factories to produce their VF toys. I think they used 4 to 6 different factories over the 13 year run of making the VF toys.

Unfortunately, changes to Chinese labor laws a few years ago, really had a knock on effect and increased production costs by around 20%. Also, the last two factories that Yamato used for the VF-1 v2, VF-11 and VF-19, VF-17, VF-4 where really much better quality-wise, but they did charge a premium.

Graham

Too late and too tired too write a long reply at the moment, but just to address some of the points.

Yamato were actually a pretty small company. You'd be surprised at how small. I don't think I ever saw more than 20 employees during my visits to there Japan offices. May have been a few more or a few less. Of course if you count the Hong Kong and US operations the number increases, but not by much. When there was a Hong Kong office, it was never more than 4 or 5 people.

No, Yamato did not own a stake in any of the mainland Chinese factories they used over the years.

Yamato were constantly looking for better and more capable factories to produce their VF toys. I think they used 4 to 6 different factories over the 13 year run of making the VF toys.

Unfortunately, changes to Chinese labor laws a few years ago, really had a knock on effect and increased production costs by around 20%. Also, the last two factories that Yamato used for the VF-1 v2, VF-11 and VF-19, VF-17, VF-4 where really much better quality-wise, but they did charge a premium.

Graham

Thanks Graham, it's nice to know how Yamato insisted to deliver quality goods into our hands.

It becomes more apparent that it may not be possible for Arcadia to continue with the Yamato-Way, which proved to be unsustainable. :( My only hope is that Yamato made some good profits in the Macross line in general, and the financial problem is owing to the other reasons. e.g. Other products, bad investments, bad debts.

why is it the least wanted of all time?

I really like the kakizaki tv livery.

and i'm happy i bought it. :)

:D

I am surprised too. I have the TV and the DYRL Kakizaki. For completists he is needed for the vermilion team and skull squadron.

yup... ergo the question mark. :)

i'm glad i got him (or any Yammie i can afford to get right now). maybe one day i'll make the big bucks and buy out everything i see on eBay... but it's time for me to bid a sad farewell to Yamato (if indeed they're done for good). it's been awesome being able to own their products and to show them off to my friends (especially the non-collectors).

i'm not sure if it's any better to be taken out during your prime (like Yamato) or to be what i'm seeing outta the mass-retail Transformers line right now... sooooo... bleh.

because he has Kak in his name?

Ben Dixon is a so much better name. well most of the RT names were better then the Macross ones,

but I'll leave that fight to another topic lol.

Me: no.

You: yes.

Me: NO!

You: YES!

Me: Nuh Uh!

You: Uh huh!

Me: Yeah, well Macross has better toys and an overall better history/legacy. Therefore, Macross beats RT!

*Silly argument over! Winner: Me (cus my silly post says so)*

In case there's any doubt, I'm joking, of course :)

Final words: "NO U!" :D