1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt w/ Super Parts

1/60 VF-19 Custom Fire Basara Nekki

1/60 VF-19S Emerald Force

1/60 VF-19F Emerald Force 30th Anniversary

1/60 17D with Super Pack 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-17S Diamond Force

1/60 Super Pack for VF-17 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-1A Movie with Optional Parts 30th Anniversary

1/48 VF-1A Max TV (Chronicles Exclusive NIB)

Found it hugely under valued on Mandarake. Maybe one of the best deals I have gotten ever.

Panic isn't the word... it's Splurgaholicpanicaloozaexpialidocious...

Yeah a question was asked I gave my opinion. No harm in that right?

I had a feeling about the price. And I was just asking.... curious as to see what they are going for now a days. And yes what you said is true, if you want it, you pay it. May seem high to some, but not to others.

I am not sure if I would call my buying a frenzy cause of the new ownership and name change. More of an expensive catch up for the years I missed out on. From 2010 till about the middle of 2012, I was not visiting MW often, not collecting anything toy related.... I was into my other hobby. Now that I am back.... its hurting my wallet. I am selling off some of my other hobby stuff to fund this addiction. ;)

Just got a VF-11C for only... $450, shipped... but it was from a japanese retail distribution company (or else the black market) and brand new, with refund available if there's a defect. Since Yamato boxes do not come sealed, and having spent so much on it, i'd rather have that for my peace of mind.

I refuse to panic buy. I'll get what I want if it becomes available for a reasonable price. If I had the money to purchase every valk I wanted right this second I probably wouldn't do it (Disclaimer: There would be a few I'd pick up right away). Chasing these things down is half the fun of collecting.

Just got a VF-11C for only... $450, shipped... but it was from a japanese retail distribution company (or else the black market) and brand new, with refund available if there's a defect. Since Yamato boxes do not come sealed, and having spent so much on it, i'd rather have that for my peace of mind.

Wow that's a lot of damage, you could get a VF-4 with that dough. Congrats though, it's a good bird.

I also started to panic when the VF-19P sold out at HLJ. As per the apparent general consensus before that event, I had intended to wait for it to become it a bit cheaper in one of HLJ’s regular Yamato sales. But with it sold out, that were of course not possible anymore… 15% off and the cheapest shipping at Nippon-Yasan wasn’t that bad, but it still hurt (when including my country’s 25% import tax as well as a potential extra import fee). Since then I’ve also bought the Defender and the Tomahawk (both weathered), but that was mostly because I found them at a really good price.

Now I search for a VF-11C and a VF-1D with option parts, but they were tricky to find for a decent price long before this panic.

I lost my mind as well (although it's only because I'm doing 1/48 and waaaaay late to the game). All new:

1/48

(1) GBP-1S;
(2) VF-1J (Hikaru);

(3) GBP-1S (Wood Land)
(4) 2x VF-1A (Wood Land);
(5) GBP-1S (City Urban Camouflage);
(6) VF-1S (Roy);
(7) VF-1A Low Visibility;
(8) VF-1J Super Stealth;
(9) Thunder Hammer Kit;
(10) 2x VF-1S (Hikaru) + Fast Pack;

1/60

(11) VF-0A (Unknown Soldier);
(12) QF-2200D-B Ghost Booster;

Other

(13) 7x Launch Arms

Edited by Bar81

Wow that's a lot of damage, you could get a VF-4 with that dough. Congrats though, it's a good bird.

It's funny that you mention it because that's exactly what i thought: when i bought the VF-4G (actually two of them) they were much cheaper each. It felt so wrong.

VF-11B

VF-1J with super packs

VF-1A Max (tv)

VF-1A Kakizaki (tv)

VF-1A Assembly kit

VF-19S

VF-19F

VF-17S

VF-17 super packs

Gathering the dough and hiding it from the gf to get the TV Roy, VF-22S Gamlin, Max & MIllia, VF-11C, VF-17D, DYRL VF-1S Hikaru and GBP armor.....So much money...

I'm sorta waiting for all the Yamato stuff to finally get sold out and Arcadia then going "psych bitches, here's our new Macross line and reissues, thank you suckers!!!"

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'm not getting a good feeling from the Arcadia shenanigans

I think you should change your name to Loot :D

I had a feeling about the price. And I was just asking.... curious as to see what they are going for now a days. And yes what you said is true, if you want it, you pay it. May seem high to some, but not to others.

I am not sure if I would call my buying a frenzy cause of the new ownership and name change. More of an expensive catch up for the years I missed out on. From 2010 till about the middle of 2012, I was not visiting MW often, not collecting anything toy related.... I was into my other hobby. Now that I am back.... its hurting my wallet. I am selling off some of my other hobby stuff to fund this addiction. ;)

I know what you mean I quit collecting in 2008 because I had a baby girl and didn't get back to this hobby until July of 2012 because of a lot of baby cost ie diapers, daycare, etc

VF-11B

VF-1J with super packs

VF-1A Max (tv)

VF-1A Kakizaki (tv)

VF-1A Assembly kit

VF-19S

VF-19F

VF-17S

VF-17 super packs

Gathering the dough and hiding it from the gf to get the TV Roy, VF-22S Gamlin, Max & MIllia, VF-11C, VF-17D, DYRL VF-1S Hikaru and GBP armor.....So much money...

I'm sorta waiting for all the Yamato stuff to finally get sold out and Arcadia then going "psych bitches, here's our new Macross line and reissues, thank you suckers!!!"

I hope they do that. Even though I bought a lot if stuff There are still things That I want to get. Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Looks like the Seattle guys are doing ok.

Here's my list

VF-19 p

VF-19 f

VF-17 s

VF-17 d with super pack

1/60 v2 VF-1a TV cannon fodder

1/60 v2 VF-1j millia

1/60 v2 VF-1S Focker DYRL

1/60 v2 VF-1d

1/60 v2 VF-1S Focker TV with super packs

I hope to stop here.

Hm I'm thinking if I should buy a Yamato Valkyrie just to have one....

...I feel it should be a DYRL 1/60 V2 VF-1S with super and strike parts in the Roy Fokker colors but I can't find one anywhere besides ebay.

Hm another option would be the VF-19 (I'm not a fan of Dockaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *scream*)but I like the YF-19 more and would bought an update without a second thought. But that seems unlikely now...

....hm *tipps with the finger against his chin*

:unsure:

I'm kinda in the same boat about a YF-19, I'd love to buy a cheap one, but prices on evilbay are fast approaching prices that original Takatoku VF-1s reached. I didn't want to buy another YF-19 until they released an update on par with the VF-19, but that might never happen now.

Yeah, the YF-19 situation is a sad affair. Graham had also dropped a hint a while back about the VF-0...... I was hoping they were going to make a renewal version that would be able to be armored :(

If it does maybe we should do a MWCon there... lol.

Ninjas! To Seattle...

don't forget your umbrellas!

Hah! now I know who to look out for! No one uses umbrellas up here :D So if I see an umbrella, it is likely one of Exo's ninja's, or a tourist.

Edited by Loop

LOL, maybe if we keep going Seattle will become the North American Macross mecca. :)

Lol we can certainly try :D

If it does maybe we should do a MWCon there... lol.

Ninjas! To Seattle...

don't forget your umbrellas!

Hahaha maybe you should bring Parkas it snowed Thursday and Friday :p

Yeah, the YF-19 situation is a sad affair. Graham had also dropped a hint a while back about the VF-0...... I was hoping they were going to make a renewal version that would be able to be armored :(

Hah! now I know who to look out for! No one uses umbrellas up here :D So if I see an umbrella, it is likely one of Exo's ninja's, or a tourist.

lol!

They're heeeeeeeeere

post-15125-0-93282800-1364073015_thumb.jpg

Ok I bit the bullet and ordered a VF-19S Emerald Force after watching Veefs review and looked at some pictures over at anymoon.com. Thanks you two! :angry:

I hope now that is really the end because otherwise I opened a can of worms that can't be closed again (I swear someday I will have the entire Valkyrie staff from Macross 7!).

*sigh*

Farewell Yamato of my youth....

...wait something is not right...

:p

Oh man, how pissed are people going to be when Arcadia announces the Macross Univers 1/60 VF-1 V3 line?

All the stuff we splurged in will be worth jack, and well all be flooding sites to buy every variant they throw at us.

1st release VF-1S Focker TV version Super V3

2nd renewal VF-0S

3rd VF-1S with Orbital Booster

4th Regult with Pilot

5th VF-4B

6th YF-19 V2

And then I wake up

Good question. Strangely, those were by far the hardest things to find. Let's just say I paid through the nose for them and took all stock I could find in the colors I wanted (eBay and here on this forum). You can still find original color launch arms on eBay, but at a premium price (to be fair, it is essentially the current going rate) and from a seller with dubious credentials. But if new is what you want; that's the option atm.

Edited by Bar81