!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

i just came back from Fan Expo and got a 1/100 VF-2SS for $20 & a 1/65 VF-17S for $50. paid $30 to get in and didn't want to leave empty handed so i guess that qualifies as panic. the gentleman at the booth told me he could still import over some Yamatos if i wanted so i'll be emailing him soon (dude's prices seem reasonable).

Feeling good after getting my third VB-6, a TV CF VF-1A, as well as another fold booster and camo ghost booster. I'm feeling that my Yammie collection is good enough. No rush Arcadia, slower releases eases the wallet strain!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey all,

here's my score from last week, and came in the mail today. have a weathering special kaki from hlj stored in private warehouse:)

photo2_zps9ba84948.jpg

photo5_zpsef6c8a7d.jpg

photo3_zps88cccc1a.jpg

photo4_zpsc0f88e57.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i

Nice score! That low viz Focker is one of my favorites :)

looking for a long time for that one!!! will be my favorite now.

Nice, VF-1S Max, becoming a rarity now!

the only one left i need to get is a vf-1s hikaru.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's a haul so awesome it can only be shown upside down. jk/jk

-b.

i missed the punchline, is the photos shots messed up :)

I gotta stop looking! I said I was done a few pages back and I still have valks coming in. This very addicting.

LOL, I would too If I did not have em all for the most part. I am missing the of the non cannon scheme YF-19's. I also skipped the weathering releases. I think I am OK with that though.

Feeling good after getting my third VB-6, a TV CF VF-1A, as well as another fold booster and camo ghost booster. I'm feeling that my Yammie collection is good enough. No rush Arcadia, slower releases eases the wallet strain!

a 3rd VB-6 ?!

I swear.. those are so difficult to obtain (unless I pay the close to 300 bucks for them)

a 3rd VB-6 ?!

I swear.. those are so difficult to obtain (unless I pay the close to 300 bucks for them)

They were pretty easy to get when they came out. I don't think anyone was in any rush to buy any Bandai Macross products at the time, though, especially coming on the heels of the awful V1 VF-25 line.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Congrats... Awesome haul. Love those old flip-top boxes... love the VT-1.

thanks

I gotta stop looking! I said I was done a few pages back and I still have valks coming in. This very addicting.

yeah, i think reading m0n5t3r and your post, made me feel like getting the kaki weathing special from hlj was worth it

They were pretty easy to get when they came out. I don't think anyone was in any rush to buy any Bandai Macross products at the time, though, especially coming on the heels of the awful V1 VF-25 line.

I pretty much missed the boat on that one, because I came in late to the game. All the new renewals (VF-25G and RVF), and reissues are what's helping me get my collection.

I'm not sure if they will ever reissue the VB-6, and I've been scouring around for one that's not ridiculously overpriced. Lost a recent auction too because my proxy's bid got cancelled by the seller :(

LOL, I would too If I did not have em all for the most part. I am missing the of the non cannon scheme YF-19's. I also skipped the weathering releases. I think I am OK with that though.

Lol I think I have to check in at Valkyries Anonymous =P

thanks

yeah, i think reading m0n5t3r and your post, made me feel like getting the kaki weathing special from hlj was worth it

I was on the fence about getting it too. But it was one Valkyrie I didn't have that was not too expensive. I am glad I did get it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Lol I think I have to check in at Valkyries Anonymous =P

I was on the fence about getting it too. But it was one Valkyrie I didn't have that was not too expensive. I am glad I did get it.

did you store it in a private warehouse or get yours shipped? i'm curious what it looks like in person, i'm waiting to ship it with some hopeful pre-orders.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh man it looks just as good as the max next to it. All you need is some water and miria shooting down kaki and you can recreate the scene from the movie.

Saw a YF-19 from a private collector on Amazon for 205.99 shipped. Took one look at the pics he sent me and snapped it up instantly :o

Never thought my 1/60 YF-21 would have its archrival in the display case :D

first thing you should do is loosen the screw by the right metal hip bar... or this might happen to your YF-19 - http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35649&p=1038990

a 3rd VB-6 ?!

I scrounged the SP version up at MSRP with the help of a friend, still waiting for it to arrive. I skipped the VB-6 a couple years back, but felt like I had to have it. Ebay prices were too high imho.

it continues to amaze me; how beautifully engineered the Yammie 1/60 VF-19k/S/F/P is.

one transformation after another, it just falls into place and locks together so precisely...

without
question, the 19S is my personal favorite MACROSS toy of all time, and
is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future... :wub:

Awesome purchases! My iPhone does the same thing with photos, nothing worse than posting a pic only to realize that your camera is evil!

And my VB-6 monsters are all Yammies, they are going for half of what the bandai ones sell for... And all to make my own Daetelus attack scene! Now I realize I need more tomahawks!

(null)

post-687-83313_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

that's so weird, as on my pc its showing the rightside up??? yeah i did take pics from my iphone... now i feel weird posting pics as i'm seeing something different from everyone else.

usagiz,

or anyone who has an iphone, can you pm me how to post pics correctly? (as i pasted the links from photo-bucket and still don't see the pics upside down currently so i'm blind to the upside down issue)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

that's so weird, as on my pc its showing the rightside up??? yeah i did take pics from my iphone... now i feel weird posting pics as i'm seeing something different from everyone else.

usagiz,

or anyone who has an iphone, can you pm me how to post pics correctly? (as i pasted the links from photo-bucket and still don't see the pics upside down currently so i'm blind to the upside down issue)

They were all right side up for me, yesterday and this morning.

Also, congrats. That 1S looks good in blue.

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

They were all right side up for me, yesterday and this morning.

Also, congrats. That 1S looks good in blue.

thanks Mommar, good to know,

yeah, after i got it i had to start watching max's vf-1s scene in DYRL with the valk in hand :p

edit: added better youtube clip

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Those pics all look right to me from my Droid :)

Thanks,

Here's what came in the mail today, my last bunch of yamato's i ordered, aside from frontier pre-orders

photo22_zps1c9a0600.jpg

photo32_zpsc46b8383.jpg

photo12_zps522f9431.jpg

Just snagged Brand new 1/48 Max and Miriya Super's for 400$ shipped from Japan, hopefully it's not an error, and I actually get them

the price includes EMS shipping too. Crossing my fingers. I've been wanting these since discovering Yamato 6 years ago.

Finally with-in reach, please, hopefully.

the yen to USD rate helped a lot, saved me about 80$.

Now just need to find me a low Viz in 1/48 and I can rest until something new is announced.

Edited by skullmilitia

Thanks,

Here's what came in the mail today, my last bunch of yamato's i ordered, aside from frontier pre-orders

photo22_zps1c9a0600.jpg

photo32_zpsc46b8383.jpg

photo12_zps522f9431.jpg

Where did you find that 30th Hikaru J???? My friend has been looking high and low for that version.