!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

I just panic bought two sets each of the unpainted VF-1A and VF-1J at HLJ. Couldn't help it. I have zero modelling skills and no time to actually build these kits, but figured they might appreciate in the future (especially since people are actually building/modifying them every day). One of the 1As will be an Alaska Base custom.

I just panic bought two sets each of the unpainted VF-1A and VF-1J at HLJ. Couldn't help it. I have zero modelling skills and no time to actually build these kits, but figured they might appreciate in the future (especially since people are actually building/modifying them every day). One of the 1As will be an Alaska Base custom.

I think I might buy also if they at least cut out the unassembled pieces. I'm guessing its going to be quite a lot of work to cut out the pieces. And it's not easy to do so precisely it seems.

I think I might buy also if they at least cut out the unassembled pieces. I'm guessing its going to be quite a lot of work to cut out the pieces. And it's not easy to do so precisely it seems.

Actually, I'd say the cutting and assembling is easy. It's planning out the best way to paint them as well as all the masking that's the hardest/most work.

Actually, I'd say the cutting and assembling is easy. It's planning out the best way to paint them as well as all the masking that's the hardest/most work.

This.

I'd say also the small identity crisis it develops where you don't know if you should go full swing and go all the way with painting/panel lining/oil wash/weathering like a model or keep it simple like a toy.

w..where did you snag that VB-6 you lucky guy, you

A lucky find off Mandarake. They have one every once in a blue moon.

It was listed as an opened item but when I received it, everything was still sealed. Even the toy itself was covered in mold release agent. It was a new, unopened unit. :)

I used to consider the YF-29 as the turning point where Bandai's Macross toys finally stopped sucking. I was wrong. The VB-6 rocks!

post-5703-0-13664100-1365643505_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-20394200-1365643551_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-50089600-1365643583_thumb.jpg

It was listed as an opened item but when I received it, everything was still sealed. Even the toy itself was covered in mold release agent. It was a new, unopened unit. :)

I used to consider the YF-29 as the turning point where Bandai's Macross toys finally stopped sucking. I was wrong. The VB-6 rocks!

Oh... you lucky dog you. I'm so jelly.

How much did you pay for it? I've been hunting off Mandarake too, but no dice. I've kept my alerts on figinstock to look out for it though.

Last time I saw it was going for 20,000 yen at a Yahoo Japan Auction with an option to buy it now, but it was gone the next time I checked

The (relatively) recently discovered issues regarding the YF-19's shoulders are souring me on the whole panic buying spree. Most of this stuff has only been on shelves for a couple of years so who knows what hidden defects will pop up in the future.

This is VERY true! The VB-6 was the beginning of when Bandai's design and engineering stopped shi*tting the bed! B))

I have the same VB-6 (Special Edition) and it is the best Destroid toy out there as far as I'm concerned. It's better than Yamato's Tomahawk for the simple fact that it transforms (and I love Yamato's Tomahawk too!).

The (relatively) recently discovered issues regarding the YF-19's shoulders are souring me on the whole panic buying spree. Most of this stuff has only been on shelves for a couple of years so who knows what hidden defects will pop up in the future.

They did use different plastics back then too. Just via touch you can tell those really old 1/60's were a lot different/more brittle. People were discovering breaking shoulders on their YF-19's and breaking arms on their VF-0's many years before this. The newer toys have specifically had most of those old breaking joints replaced with diecast, likely to avoid such problems in the future. There's always a chance still.

To be honest with you the entire thing is pretty poorly designed IMO. Be careful with all of the joints and understand that in both Gerwalk and Battroid the Torso section does not secure like on the VF-19. It's a floppy mess all around really.

To be honest with you the entire thing is pretty poorly designed IMO. Be careful with all of the joints and understand that in both Gerwalk and Battroid the Torso section does not secure like on the VF-19. It's a floppy mess all around really.

ahhh that's a bummer.. Guess not much playing.. will probably keep it in either fighter or battoroid mode. Definitely not a fan of the Gerwalk, despite it being my favourite Valk.

At least I got my 19Kai and P to play with :)

ahhh that's a bummer.. Guess not much playing.. will probably keep it in either fighter or battoroid mode. Definitely not a fan of the Gerwalk, despite it being my favourite Valk.

At least I got my 19Kai and P to play with :)

Posing in Battroid is okay, if fiddly. Until you try to pick it up and the top half separates from the bottom. Fighter holds together well if you can tolerate the gullet. Gerwalk is a huge pain and I skip it... maybe only slightly more often then the VF-19 version of Gerwalk. I usually keep mine in Battroid and just don't pick it up much as I personally feel it's the least objectionable looking of the three modes.

my Kakizaki TV arrived. just took it out of the box and planted it on a Gundam base (fork plug gripping around the gunpod) my little newphew got me. fits good and looks clean. less than a hundred bucks shipped is a great deal... wished i'd bought me a wall of VF-1's when they were on the cheap @ HLJ.

Ha! I didn't know they made Kakizaki TVs! ;)

Kidding aside; pics please of what you are actually talking about.

yeah, i took a pic and all but how do i post it? there's no "attach" button and the "image" button ands a url.

edit: just figured it out

Vf 1a

Edited by D_Unit

Just got my VF-1A TV browny today; my VF-1 collection of TV only schemes is now complete, I'd be in for a Cavaliers version if I could ever find one around the $100.00 mark, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

I like all the TV schemes, but I have to admit that the CF is my favorite of the bunch (like the DYRL? too, but I avoided getting into those with the V2; besides, I have a few in 1/48, so I'm good for most of the movie versions); just like with Gundam's Mobile suits, the grunt units hold much more appeal to me than the hero ones.

Posing in Battroid is okay, if fiddly. Until you try to pick it up and the top half separates from the bottom. Fighter holds together well if you can tolerate the gullet. Gerwalk is a huge pain and I skip it... maybe only slightly more often then the VF-19 version of Gerwalk. I usually keep mine in Battroid and just don't pick it up much as I personally feel it's the least objectionable looking of the three modes.

Sounds like the battroid doesn't lock at the hips or something. or the chest..

I'm alright with the gullet, the fighter mode's my favourite look, and I love the battroid all the same.

Specifically the chest does not lock down. Gravity is the only thing keeping it in place. It's just poor engineering :(

I still like what we got but it can be much better. The Bandai V1s are a bigger sin IMHO.