Mr March

The PS4 is already pretty damn slim!

I also can't help but wonder why Sony is so slow updating what should be pretty base features. Maybe the firmware is super tempermental to change? Or perhaps they're incredibly misguided and think thay slowly adding in features makes them look busy?

My most wanted "should have been there at launch" features.

- bluetooth headset support.

- PS3 BD remote support.

- The ability to sort games in folders (as shown with the PS3).

- The ability to design our own themes (some kind of simple wallpeper and icon designer).

- A theme randomize function.

With that said, what is there works pretty great.

Was the white PS4 a limited edition? Been looking around for one and can't find them new anywhere, atleast not for a reasonable price.

Yes. It was part of the Destiny bundle. They might make another run of Limited edition white (or other colour) PS4s. Eventually.

• 1 month later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Christ just give me a friggin BD remote. The PS5 will be out before they come up with one...

This, times 1000

here you guys go;

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/21/9010101/ps4-media-remote-pdp-price

Sony is doing the same strategy with the ps4 remote as they did with the ps4 vertical stand. Sony never released a first party ps4 vertical stand in the US but had officially licensed vertical stands made by two third party companies. Similar approach, the ps4 remote is officially licensed by a third party.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yes. It was part of the Destiny bundle. They might make another run of Limited edition white (or other colour) PS4s. Eventually

Was the white PS4 a limited edition? Been looking around for one and can't find them new anywhere, atleast not for a reasonable price.

I bought the white Destiny bundle earlier this year off ebay. Amazonn has some, but yeah, the thing is still selling for full retail. Last Christmas was the best time to get a deal on this thing and I just wasn't interested in the PS4 at all.

I think I heard they're going to make another white Destiny bundle so keep an eye on that one.

The only thing I hate about the white PS4 or any colored PS4 is that the controller still has black buttons, a black D-pad, etc. Lazy... Those things stand out so much, they're an eyesore.

The only thing I hate about the white PS4 or any colored PS4 is that the controller still has black buttons, a black D-pad, etc. Lazy... Those things stand out so much, they're an eyesore.

Really? I mean, maybe on some of the colored ones it might not look so hot, but on the white one I think the black is sexy. It's like Stormtrooper armor.

Anyone who wants a White unit just needs to wait for the CUH-1200 revision to hit stores in a couple months. It's already available in Japan also. Less power consumption and quieter fan, also a matte finish on HDD cover instead of gloss. Plenty of info here. No, the 1TB "Players" model coming soon is NOT the CUH-1200 with revisions, it is the old 1100 models with a bigger HDD to clear stock:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068368

• 2 months later...

Would you buy one, considering ign reports that it would cost around the same as a console?

That will depend on what it works with, and how well it does the job.

I very rarely commit to buying things sight unseen with no real information to go on. Get back to me once it is actually available and there's some real reviews.

While all we have to go on is paid promotional pieces masquerading as journalism and straight-up rewordings of press releases, all I know is Sony wants me to buy it, which is a lot like telling me water is wet. It's true, but not meaningful information.

But right now, if I get a VR headset, one for my PC makes more sense.

Good points! Also raises another likely battle between Sony and Microsoft, I.e., ps VR vs holo lens.

Holo fits a different niche, really. Augmented reality and virtual reality aren't in direct competition, as I see it.

Sony has to overcome the Rift hype. Or steal it for themselves. That's their big roadbump.

Wow, way to drop the ball, Sony, no search function for communities?

Duke Togo, please post your psn id. I think that's the only way to find it at the moment. Thanks!

- McFlyDad on psn

I put in a friend request for you. Also, you can find a list of MWers on PSN here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38569&p=1069736

• 3 months later...

Me too. I was tempted to buy a PS4 once I noticed that Fallout 4 won't play on my PC but I'm holding out till a PS4 slim.... ....or the next price cut. ^_^

Or just upgrade your PC. Or buy/build a better PC.

Not to be that guy, but I bought a PS4 near launch. An Xbox One, too, because I was caught up in that new console hype. Now, like two years later, I've found I use the Xbox One occasionally. I got Rock Band 4 for XB1, because all my old Rock Band stuff was 360. I buy my sports games on XB1, because I have a few friends that play them with me on Live. And I'm a fan of the Forza series. My PS4, though? Can't recall the last time I turned it on. I think the last game I played on it was InFamous? And mostly I just play on my PC.

I'm still using my PS3 and PS4. PS4 gets used for Bluray movies and those free PSN games off PS Plus. I now only buy a launch game if it's a game I really really want to play. Otherwise it sits in it's plasticwrap and then I find out I'm gonna get it for free off PS+ anyways and I wasted money. PS3 gets used whenever I feel like taking another crack at RockSmith 2014......New Years resolution :D That and I still have a bunch of games I've bought and want to play on it like Beyond Good and Evil.....eventually.

PSN username is

<------------

That and I still have a bunch of games I've bought and want to play on it like Beyond Good and Evil.....eventually.

Not eventually. NOW. BG&E is fantastic... and if I can find my XBox controllers, I am going to start a replay now because of you.

Edited by JB0