Mr March

I recall reading a story of someone buying a PS3 on launch day, taking out into the parking lot and smashing it with a sledge.

There's a group of idiots who do that on the launch days of whatever "must-have" device is making a debut...

I didn't see squat in any of the local electronic stores, but I never did look at Gamestop.....rather not honestly.

My girlfriend has bad mouthed the PS4 for over a week, so today I turned it on, handed her the controller and told her to give it a shot. Gotta say, good 40 minutes she couldn't put it down. But she works for Microsoft so she's all about the Xbox One, told her I'd sell her mine cause I didn't have the cash for it. But now I do so she's gonna be super pissed at me. :D

My girlfriend has bad mouthed the PS4 for over a week, so today I turned it on, handed her the controller and told her to give it a shot. Gotta say, good 40 minutes she couldn't put it down. But she works for Microsoft so she's all about the Xbox One, told her I'd sell her mine cause I didn't have the cash for it. But now I do so she's gonna be super pissed at me. :D

MS employee. Tell her to deal with it. :p

Sony addressing the blinking blue light issues posted on joystiq

direct link to Sony's site:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/INFO-Blinking-Blue-Light-PS4-Issues/td-p/42154071

At this point, I'm so glad I've actually got enough patience to wait it out until a new console's "teething problems" are solved before putting down the cash for it. I actually waited 2 full years after the PS3's release before buying it. Probably won't wait that long for the PS4, depending on whether any good games get a release next year.

Update the firmware on your TV? My damn TV can't even connect to the net!

I'm happy with it so far. Picked up Killzone, Knack, and ACIV from the Amazon sale and the system I got from Target since my Amazon unit doesn't arrive until Monday (And I pre-ordered June 10 right after E3). Sure I can find someone who needs one.

Resogun is my favorite so far, but I was a big Super Stardust fan so I'm loving it.

Killzone is pretty, though it won't sell you on the series if you weren't a fan before.

ACIV: I started it, but will wait for the 1080p patch.

Knack: Still haven't started it. Staggering my titles a bit.

Playroom is fun for a little while, and the camera is a nice piece of kit. Was going to pick up Just Dance for parties for it, though I'm waiting for some reviews. I admit I was sold on the camera from the Jimmy Fallon show.

System is nice and sleek. The lack of some media is a bit disappointing but, they are coming (CD, MP3, DLNA, 3D Blu-ray).

I knew I should've picked up that damn camera and the stand (?) for it. Anyway you should talk to Mike Z about your 2nd PS4; I'm sure he'd take it off your hands.

Just before the changing of the guard:

ps-es_zpscc0c7a88.jpg

Edited by myk

Was bored earlier this evening so I went around looking for a PS4 at a couple of local Best Buy stores. All the Blue Shirts were really cool, even while laughing at me when I asked if they might have any in stock. :lol:

I shouldn't be looking for one since I still have a game or two to finish on PS3 (and for my 360 as well), but as someone said earlier - gadget lust.

-b.

Nothing news-worthy here, just typical launch-system blues. Curious, did the much simpler N64 have teething problems when it was launched back in the 90's?

FAR less 'net connection then. You'd only know about issues via magazines and newspapers.

Good God you're right. I don't think the concept of the internet even qualified as a random thought with potential, back then..

A 1% failure rate IS horrible. The real problem is ever since computers came along the collective "we" is taking that kind of thing for granted.

Depending on what is actually happening (is it really a failure or just being plugged into something that does not follow the rules of the hardware being plugged into?) it could be a major black eye or just a bad warning condition. A blinking blue light would make more sense if it was instead a display saying "your TV does not appear to be compatible" or some such.

A 1% failure rate IS horrible.

Fun fact: the failure rate for most brands of laptop is 15-25%. That's not a typo, I'm not missing a decimal point, and that does include Apple.

(Super full disclosure for conspiracy theorists: those numbers come from a study by Square Trade, who benefit from higher failure rates.)

With those numbers (for laptops and t.v.'s) it looks to me as if we've become accustomed to failure with electronic devices. It's not as if we have the capability to live "without" these devices, so we cry and complain but ultimately allow these products to shove their brand of pacifier in our mouths and move onward...

With those numbers (for laptops and t.v.'s) it looks to me as if we've become accustomed to failure with electronic devices.

Kind of sort of. Its more like we've become accustomed to our electronics being cheap, and we accept shoddy quality as a side effect of borderline Chinese slave labor.

I disagree. It's the nature of living in an imperfect reality.

Failure in 1 out of 100 laptops is an imperfect reality. Hell, 1 in 20 is an imperfect reality.

1 in 4 are cheap parts being assembled half-arsed by a Chinese fellow at the tail end of an 18 hour shift for 100 yuan a week.