Mr March

Guest davidwhangchoi

might buy the 1 year card..........then again there's nothing online I play right now.

ps+ comes with constant free games for ps3 as well as gives you right now the best ps4 gm out there. definitely pick one up. for 29.99 the card pays for itself.

i'm picking up 2 or 3 cards so i don''t worry for the next few years.

Hark, what be these ps+ cards thou both speaketh of?

To do any online multiplayer on the PS4 you have to sign on with a PS+ account which of course costs $$. Nothing new though, + accounts have always cost money.

Just have to wait until friday to see if I wanna get one or not, pretty tight on cash.

w free games.

This part can't be emphasized enough.

People seem to be upset that multiplayer (which I'm not a fan of) costs money on the PS4, while it doesn't on the PS3 or Vita. What people aren't really focusing on is that PS+ has been available on the PS3 and Vita, and that people were subscribing even without it being required for multiplayer. The fact is, PS+ is a good deal. It's $49.99/year (less if Sony is running a special, or you can find the subscription cards on sale). You get free games, which change out regularly and can be kept for as long as you're a PS+ subscriber, an idea Microsoft recently copied for Xbox Live Gold. Unlike Microsoft, who's been criticized for offering older games like Crackdown, or crappy XBLA titles like that Keflings game, good games come up on PS+. Over the last year, I've grabbed stuff like Sleeping Dogs (my 2012 Game of the Year), Super Street Fighter IV, InFAMOUS 2, Jet Set Radio, and Kingdoms of Amalur, to name of a few. Plus, if you have a Vita or PS4, they get free games too. Not sure if they're still available, but I know that at least for awhile Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, and Gravity Rush were available, and that's like 3 of the 4 best Vita games right there. Likewise, Resogun is probably the best PS4 exclusive right now, and it's free for PS+ members.

Additionally, PS+ members get discounts on a lot of games in the PSN Store. I picked up Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II during a Halloween sale for $2 each.

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, newegg through ebay may have a smoking deal on the ps+ cards

22+free shipping. good luck! i'm going to try and get three (hopefully the limit is not one per customer)

it's suppose to start 9pm PST (one of the mods of SD posted it so it should be a real deal. but they've been wrong occasionally before)

http://slickdeals.net/f/6498236-starts-11-28-13-9pm-pst-sony-1-year-membership-playstation-plus-22-free-shipping-ebay-daily-deal

wait at your own risk, i'm looking forward to downloading resogun for free in dec.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I really hope they come up with a new blu-ray-playback remote for this thing; I wanted to spend Turkey day watching blu-rays and I got so frustrated with the PS4's UI that I ripped it out and put my trusty PS3 back online...

I really hope they come up with a new blu-ray-playback remote for this thing; I wanted to spend Turkey day watching blu-rays and I got so frustrated with the PS4's UI that I ripped it out and put my trusty PS3 back online...

Yikes. Is the interface that much different (probably an obvious YES) in a bad way from the PS3? It's gotta be hard to mess up something as hard as insert disk, press X to play.

-b.

Here's one annoyance: If you want to eject your current disc you have to navigate through two menus to do so on the PS4; with the PS3 I just hit the eject button on the remote or tap the eject part of the control panel. The fancy-pants PS4 is devoid of anything on its front other than two USB ports so off to your controller to press buttons you go. My grievances are minor, petty ones, especially when you consider I was fortunate to be able to buy one, but still...

Yeah, I hear you on that. I like everything "easy" and clean. Certainly not a deal breaker or anything I'd put in a "con" column, but so odd to make something that basic anything but.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Here's one annoyance: If you want to eject your current disc you have to navigate through two menus to do so on the PS4; with the PS3 I just hit the eject button on the remote or tap the eject part of the control panel. The fancy-pants PS4 is devoid of anything on its front other than two USB ports so off to your controller to press buttons you go. My grievances are minor, petty ones, especially when you consider I was fortunate to be able to buy one, but still...

Uh... the PS4 has a power and eject button.

3ebfc2ff8935b7abed09be205fc6574f.png

Out of curiosity, the PS4 still uses Bluetooth, right? Doesn't the PS3 Blu-ray remote work on the PS4?

w free games.

This part can't be emphasized enough.

People seem to be upset that multiplayer (which I'm not a fan of) costs money on the PS4, while it doesn't on the PS3 or Vita. What people aren't really focusing on is that PS+ has been available on the PS3 and Vita, and that people were subscribing even without it being required for multiplayer. The fact is, PS+ is a good deal. It's $49.99/year (less if Sony is running a special, or you can find the subscription cards on sale). You get free games, which change out regularly and can be kept for as long as you're a PS+ subscriber, an idea Microsoft recently copied for Xbox Live Gold. Unlike Microsoft, who's been criticized for offering older games like Crackdown, or crappy XBLA titles like that Keflings game, good games come up on PS+. Over the last year, I've grabbed stuff like Sleeping Dogs (my 2012 Game of the Year), Super Street Fighter IV, InFAMOUS 2, Jet Set Radio, and Kingdoms of Amalur, to name of a few. Plus, if you have a Vita or PS4, they get free games too. Not sure if they're still available, but I know that at least for awhile Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, and Gravity Rush were available, and that's like 3 of the 4 best Vita games right there. Likewise, Resogun is probably the best PS4 exclusive right now, and it's free for PS+ members.

Additionally, PS+ members get discounts on a lot of games in the PSN Store. I picked up Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II during a Halloween sale for $2 each.

Okay, I'm really starting to get addicted to the whole online thing. I might just get that ps+ card later. I don't like multiplayer stuff, but free games and discounts is something I can get used to.

Uh... the PS4 has a power and eject button.

Out of curiosity, the PS4 still uses Bluetooth, right? Doesn't the PS3 Blu-ray remote work on the PS4?

Damn, those are some narrow buttons. I heard that some "fatter" flash drives have a hard time plugging into the PS4's USB ports due to the design.

Sony states PS3 remote is incompatible w/ the PS4 (as well as the bluetooth DS3's)

Incompatible until a later software upgrade or incompatible, period?

Messing around with my PS4. Crackle app is nice: free movies. Going to activate some PSN cards after black friday. Hoping to score some cheap 1yr cards.

Get a year for $29 tomorrow. Buy two and you will wind up with $an extra $10 in your PSN account as well, so you'd get two years of Plus...and an extra $10 added to your wallet due to their spend $60 get $10.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation_plus_new/

Most places are doing the $29.99 PS Plus for Black Friday including Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. I believe New Egg is doing some kind of $22 special as well.

Guest davidwhangchoi

since it's black friday,

if anyone needs a vita it's 150 from newegg via ebay new:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301010495142?customid=WrhLEljPEeOoGiZyJe4kMgdjn2_m1sp3_0_0_0&pub=5574652453&afepn=5337259887&campid=5337259887&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D301010495142%26_rdc%3D1&afepn=5337259887

alright i'm off to bed, amazon and sony's site have yet to open for the ps+ cards. hopefully everyone can get one when they do. Happy Thanks Giving everyone! gnite

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i heard some people still are waiting for their's as well. can you cancel on gamestop and get it from amazon?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i heard some people still are waiting for their's as well. can you cancel on gamestop and get it from amazon?

I might, they said give 'em 12 hours, which is kinda ridiculious in normal circumstances, but it's black friday so I can get a semi long wait to grab a card, rub the crap out of it then type in the numbers and hit send -_- gotta find my card so I can check on what's going on, see if I CAN cancel it if I can. I haven't been charged on it yet.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I might, they said give 'em 12 hours, which is kinda ridiculious in normal circumstances, but it's black friday so I can get a semi long wait to grab a card, rub the crap out of it then type in the numbers and hit send -_- gotta find my card so I can check on what's going on, see if I CAN cancel it if I can. I haven't been charged on it yet.

i got an extra so if you need to get on ps+ today, i can pm you my code to use right away and you can just pm me back when you get yours.

i got an extra so if you need to get on ps+ today, i can pm you my code to use right away and you can just pm me back when you get yours.

I think I'm good, I looked at Amazon and it said it could take up to 48 hours to receive the card, so I could end up waiting longer. Best I just sit still and wait it out, I'm sure I'll get the card from GS sometime after lunch.

Besides, I don't got anything I need to urgently play or anything. BUT I am gonna go back on Amazon and look up some black friday deals. Limit myself a great deal though.

oooooooooooook, I got it.

Edited by Hikuro

amazon codes are having issues as well

psn, is going crazy today with everyone trying to go on.

I managed to get the free 10 dollars Code I've saved since I got my PS4, and I had to use my PS3 to access it! Both the Playstation Chat and Phone Service are pretty busy. Couldn't even get my Trial 30 days to work, just gave me an error

Oh wait, yep, there we go, in plain letters, the network is having issues cause so many bought the cards.

Edited by Hikuro

You guys get any kind of a prompt after you hit continue after entering your codes? I got squat on mine and when I go into Playstation Plus it tells me to purchase a subscription.

PS4 online is having issues being EU just launched and Black Friday deals too. Try entering your code from a PS3 or Vita and it works fine.

PS4 online is having issues being EU just launched and Black Friday deals too. Try entering your code from a PS3 or Vita and it works fine.

not for me, kept getting an error code on everything except a 10 dollar voucher that came with my PS4, that one wouldn't work on the PS4 console but worked just fine on my PS3. So what a pain in the ass this weekend has been. Should of planned it out better I guess.

So I just used my 10 dollar voucher to buy 1 month for now, interesting how it accepted that but wont accept the code. I may give it another day and see if Sony fixes their problems since they did state redeem codes wont be working. But with the 1 year, this try out and the 1 month I just purchased, I got a good 14 months of this network.

Edited by Hikuro