That is assuming he spent ALL his time on Tatooine. He could easily have been going off from time to time, looking for something or someone or trying to throw off the Empire.

I agree it would be better to have new characters and stories, personally I would love to see the earlier stuff from the video games.

No need to make a full live-action movie about Kenobi in my opinion. A two-part special on Rebels would be able to tell all there is to say on the matter.

Cover 20 years of time in two episodes? Ok then.

Cover 20 years of time in two episodes? Ok then.

Wouldn't a movie, just like a 2-part episode, more than likely focus on some significant event within those 20 years anyway? I'm not implying that one would be a superior, or inferior choice/medium over the other... just saying...

But that's likely all it would do. A full movie would give you a chance to see what Obi-Wan did day to day. Did he continue his light saber practice? Did he commune with Qui-Gon on a regular basis? In the comics he planted a flower bed in memory of Asaaj Ventress; will that be canon? Stuff like that, which gives Star Wars its soul, rather than a series of life-or-death fights and philosophical struggles.

I was looking at the different releases for this and noticed none of them mention a 3D release. Disney usually releases most of their films in 3D when they were also shown in theaters in 3D.

I personally don't own a 3D tv anyway, but was just curious about this.

I forgot I had this preordered. My head is just wrapped up in Delta these days. Awaiting shipment.

Screw waiting. I just picked mine up at Walmart last night...

I was looking at the different releases for this and noticed none of them mention a 3D release. Disney usually releases most of their films in 3D when they were also shown in theaters in 3D.

I personally don't own a 3D tv anyway, but was just curious about this.

The 3D release is coming later this year. Though, the 3D market is largely dead.

I watched with bb and it was kinda funny. A lot of the kylo Ren appearances when he gets brutal he turns his head 180 to look away kind of whimpering.

Must of seen this movie twice since my copy came in.

The 3D release is coming later this year. Though, the 3D market is largely dead.

Yep. I went to a Sony training a couple of weeks ago for their new 4K tvs. Their tech and all the reps were talking about how 3D was done. Their new tvs are focusing on "true to life/what the eye sees" and XDR/HDR content. All of which is a fancy way of saying they look absolutely phenomenal(after a certain price point).

Edited by Chewie

That's kind of a bummer cause I watch 3D a lot, I actually enjoy it. But just like you're saying, for phenomenal quality you got to hit a certain price point.

I see a ton of difference between my 40+ inch 1080p and my 70+ inch 4K when I watch in 3D.

Hell I pretty much watch all my films in 4K now alone.

This Blu-ray release stinks of an impending double dip. I'd be shocked if some form of deluxe edition didn't come out in time for Rogue One. The bonus features are pretty thin.

Don't forget the Special edition with extended scenes. Then the complete trilogy collection coming out after Episode 9. Then the Saga edition, which holds all 9 movies. And then the 10th anniversary edition, etc....

Don't forget the Special edition with extended scenes. Then the complete trilogy collection coming out after Episode 9. Then the Saga edition, which holds all 9 movies. And then the 10th anniversary edition, etc....

I'd take an extended version right now. The Leia scenes they cut from earlier in the film provide important information about the relationship between the Republic, the Resistance, and the First Order. I shouldn't be shocked they didn't put those deleted scenes on the Blu-ray, because a faneditor would have that back in the film within a few weeks of the disc's release.

It still boggles my mind they left out those crucial bits of story just so they could save her reveal for later in the film. It's my one real issue with the movie, because the political situation in the galaxy is very confusing without knowing some of the back story that was revealed in the new books (which is NOT how fans should be learning about it). I blame this on Kasdan, as he was pretty open about his insistence that they cut more and more to streamline the film, and to "trust the audience" to figure out what's going on from what they are being shown.

Edited by Duke Togo

This Blu-ray release stinks of an impending double dip. I'd be shocked if some form of deluxe edition didn't come out in time for Rogue One. The bonus features are pretty thin.

Yeah, I thought there was supposed to be more Phasma scene's as well.

Chris