Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

I may have said this before but I dont remember. But anyway I dont feel this is one of those mind blowing new valks, which Im not sure I have felt since the 19/22 but is very exciting nonetheless. Its what comes next is whats gonna get us. :ph34r:

I have been drinking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So when is the next show/event Bandai will show off their goods? I'm hoping to see more photos of this thing in a more complete state or get some new info. I keep liking all three modes the more I look at it. Also, since it's pretty much a new mold design hopefully this means Bandai will milk it with some variant colors, possibly schemes from the game we aren't privy to yet. It's too much to hope but I think with the way it transforms it could REALLY shine with a real life scheme in all three modes (it'll never happen without mods, I know.)

Edited by Mommar

So, I didn't know that missile rack thing was built into the fighter itself, I thought it was optional super parts. Well, this just makes everything even more cool now :)

Knowing is only half the battle! Now we have to camp on pre-orders lol. I will try to get this one although I am kinda bored with the Alto colors..... So it will be Gilliam heh.

Was it said that Alto is the pilot of this machine? I think I missed that if it was mentioned.

Knowing is only half the battle! Now we have to camp on pre-orders lol. I will try to get this one although I am kinda bored with the Alto colors..... So it will be Gilliam heh.

Was it said that Alto is the pilot of this machine? I think I missed that if it was mentioned.

It's some FNG, I believe...

While I like the design, I'm not all that excited over the fact that they are putting out different models it seems every couple of months. I feel as though they (Bandai) is just throwing out all these new model designs just to sell them, not for functionality, or story. It takes a lot out of the beauty and importance of these new models. It's probably more of a way to just make money now. Well, that's my opinion.

I was on the fence about the missile addon but when it is deployed in fighter mode it looks quite cool. Still I would prefer a giant beam gun. :p

If we get a DX Chogokin 1/60th toy I hope it has more details on the missile launcher then the VF-171 Super Parts. =/

If I'm not mistaken, that is the idea. A pallet system allowing different mission-specific pods to be swapped out from between the legs (in fighter mode). Now, whether Bandai will ever make different pods to replace the default missile rack is another question entirely.

Now Bandai, isn't it time to give us all a peek at a further developed prototype?... Please.

Comeon Renato, we all know that no-one looks at the front page :rolleyes:

(OR checks our awesome podcast either for that matter)

with all these prototypes wandering around makes me wonder when the next production model will be.

I'm also hoping that the extra bay can be swapped out for something of a cannon-type.

This functionality is official and was confirmed by Kawamori himself last year.

• 2 weeks later...

So the YF-30 is kinda married to the soon-to-be released game. Kinda seems like Bandai should want to release some new info (and maybe even the toy) sooner rather than later. Unless the YF-30 being in the game is a preamble to some other Macross show/movie/whatever that is due out for Bandai to capitalize on.

It wouldn't be the first time a Valkyrie was pretty much exclusive to a video game, really. Look at all of the old Advance Valkyrie designs that only live in the older games. The only difference here is that the design is 'new' (as far as we know, but looking at it more I'm starting to suspect it's a re-used early VF-25 concept design being given life for the game) and that Bandai is aggressively producing toys now.

It wouldn't be the first time a Valkyrie was pretty much exclusive to a video game, really. Look at all of the old Advance Valkyrie designs that only live in the older games. The only difference here is that the design is 'new' (as far as we know, but looking at it more I'm starting to suspect it's a re-used early VF-25 concept design being given life for the game) and that Bandai is aggressively producing toys now.

With the way the game is apparently churning out YF-29s (Isamu gets one, Ozma gets one), I think (hope) we might get to see those coloured variants in toy form.. Especially a YF-19 head for Isamu's YF-29 would be great :D

Also I'd totally buy a YF-30... if only Bandai can increase their damned stocks for online stores, so that we could all get a chance at scoring one! (I want my VF-25S/F Renewals!) :(

What are the odds a transformable YF-30 figure will be put out? I understand the earlier sculpt shown was for a kit

Edited by SaitouSad

No, that's honestly loads better than a 2 second window to buy one at standard price.

Because, you know.. the kits are EASILY buyable. After all these years, HLJ still has them in stock, and they still get restocked. They might be a pain to build, but it'd do a ton ot take the edge off the frustration of trying to buy Bandai's stupidly tiny productions in 1/60.