IXTL

I just picked up my two VF-171 CF's , which also had a YF-29 30th anniversary tagging along for the ride.

Haven't opened them up yet, but I thought the outer packing box was kind of cool...

Contents: VF-171 x 6 With Bandai stamped all over it.

Some problems are shared between the VF-17 and the VF-171

I panic bought a second VF-17D not that long ago and just got my 171 last week. So I've played with both rather recently. What do you feel is a problem that is shared between the two? Other than really tight canopies?

Ah come on Master? ONly 3? We thought you'd buy like 12 since you have like everything else :D

*edit*

VF-171's for life! Can't wait for my last 2 (shake fist at SAL shipping)

post-25-0-83322300-1368213442_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

The VF-171 does not appear to be selling as the stock at Amazon JP is not moving much unless the prices drop. Probably similar to the Alto VF-171 where it was readily available when it was released. If you keep an eye on Amazon JP, you may be able to pick some up for below RRP when new sellers or current sellers drop their prices.

Ah come on Master? ONly 3? We thought you'd buy like 12 since you have like everything else :D

*edit*

VF-171's for life! Can't wait for my last 2 (shake fist at SAL shipping)

That's the kind of squad pics I was hoping to see.

I panic bought a second VF-17D not that long ago and just got my 171 last week. So I've played with both rather recently. What do you feel is a problem that is shared between the two? Other than really tight canopies?

Now that I think about it it's just the tight canopy that is shared. My VF-17D has loose ankles right out of the box but both my VF-171's ankles are good. For me the hips on both are weird with the transformation but not really a problem. Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Mine will be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately, (not really) I'm home to visit my mother for Mom's day.

Oh well, I would have to sign for it so I'll go pick it up Monday morning before work.

Btw, do you have to sign for SAL, or is that just EMS? Or is it just any package outside the US?

Edited by Gakken85

In my experience, regular SAL deliveries just get dropped off, no sig required... that can be good or bad, depending on where you live. I'm unsure about Registered SAL, but it'd make sense that'd need someone to accept the package.

I had my N-Y 171 shipped via regular SAL, so it's likely to be another wwek oe two before mine arrives at my door.

Mine is stuck somewhere.. tracking status says: "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" since wednesday.

Last time i shipped via EMS ( from HK ) it arrived in Germany within 2 days.

Mine is stuck somewhere.. tracking status says: "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" since wednesday.

I'm in Germany too, and NY did not include a declared value on the pacakge, which is why I have to go to customs and pick it up in person.

Edited by OmegaD3k

In my experience, regular SAL deliveries just get dropped off, no sig required... that can be good or bad, depending on where you live. I'm unsure about Registered SAL, but it'd make sense that'd need someone to accept the package.

I had my N-Y 171 shipped via regular SAL, so it's likely to be another wwek oe two before mine arrives at my door.

thanks.

i live in a "good neighborhood" but i can have my lady friend drop by my place and grab it if need be.

that just means its still on the plane. Mine was in that status for about 3 or 4 days.

I thought these vf-171s could fly on their own!

We are in the same boat.....probably literally. Same message since March 3rd. Absolutely ridiculous. I emailed NY about it. Hopefully they can make a phone call to the JP post on their Monday.

Edited by Negotiator

I actually like it that NY undeclares the value, as when my wife sees the cheaper value on the parcel, she gives me less grief :D

Graham

Guess I'm lucky my girlfriend supports my collecting, even though she says they look exactly the same, but in different colours. In some ways, she's right. Either way, never argue with the other half!

We are in the same boat.....probably literally. Same message since March 3rd. Absolutely ridiculous. I emailed NY about it. Hopefully they can make a phone call to the JP post on their Monday.

well...after complaining here, mine just arrived at Frankfurt airport, and is in customs right now. :)

Edit: ... and it's gonna be stuck there till monday...at least. :(

German custom works really slow.

Edited by miro79

just noticed you wrote March 3d... its a typo right?

Just minor change like ball jointed thumb, and the grey plate on chest changed shape that will not block the transformation. Also I feel the lockings on this CF is a bit better than that on Alto's, and this makes the transformation a bit easier than the Alto's 171 EX.

Mine showed up yesterday. Awesome that almost never happens. I usually come home friday evening to see a failure to deliver notice and have to pick it up on Monday. This was totally unexpected since both my tracking numbers don't shop any updates since May 2nd.

Opened all 3 to make sure i'm not missing a nipple cannon like my alto version was. Luckily all are intact.

can someone please put alto's armor pack on the CF and post some pics? thanks!!

I had one a few pages back but its a pretty sharty pic.

pg 33 post 1140 i think. I forgot within about 20 seconds.

Edited by ErikElvis