IXTL

With the shitty Aussie dollar, with the cheapest shipping + tracking, this ended up costing me a few dollars more than my VF-4... Will it be worth it? I hope so!

That's not as bad as my currency. It's gonna cost me 15 dollars more compared to a few weeks ago, and it looks like it's gonna keep falling.

so wait, does this mean you have to wedge a spacer piece in to achieve proper crotch thrust? That's supper disappointing.

gf2.jpg

also, I'm very curious about the shoulders. They're different from the original mold but also different from the VF-25 renewals.

so wait, does this mean you have to wedge a spacer piece in to achieve proper crotch thrust? That's supper disappointing.

also, I'm very curious about the shoulders. They're different from the original mold but also different from the VF-25 renewals.

I put a piece of cardboard inbetween for my ver 1 VF-27. It seems you are right and you have to put that black piece as a spacer.

I wanted this VF-27 to be a true renewal, an all new mold!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

It seems to be a piece to "lock" it in place. Even the VF-25 v1 can achieve this crutch trust, but its quite floppy.

Maybe it´s only for that. But it could well be an internal piece, and not this ugly thing.

It´s a beautiful bird, but I really don´t think that it´s worth the cost, compared to the V1 VF-27....

Considering the V1's were close to 400$ on eBay before this renewal, it's worth every penny.

I even paid NY's price so that I couldn't miss it.

Yes... I suppose you could take that into account...

Even so, here in Argentina there´s one new for about U$$ 200 and I don´t think about purchasing it.

There´s A LOT of ridiculous things in ebay. Right to that $400 v1 VF-27 you find a $240 RVF-25.... and so on....

I don´t know. I really think that it´s too overpriced at almost VF-4 prices.

I think the crotch might still be able to lock in the place without the spacer piece because the underside looks really similar to the renewals. Possibly the spacer piece is just to fill the gap for aesthetic reasons or provide even more stability? I guess will know soon when people start getting theirs.

I have one coming in from HLJ at release, but gotta say the pics make it look... cheap and V1-ish when compared to the finish on the V2's. Maybe it's the shade of purple or the sculpt, but it certainly doesn't look like a big change over the V1 VF-27. I guess for peeps who only care about fighter mode and not about super packs they can hold onto their v1s or pick up one for cheap.

Gah.. they even have super gumby Brera and Ranka.

Did Brera get depressed and put on the pounds?

Edited by Duymon

After seeing those pictures, I'm feeling better about having missed all opportunities to preorder at, or near, MSRP, and downright jubilant to have passed on Nin-Nin's and N-Y's ridiculously inflated prices.

I just don't see that many improvements over the V.1 to justify the release at the asking prices; looks like Bandai half-a$$ed it to reuse most of the old molds and just threw in the SPs to make it look like there's real added value over the original. <_<

I suppose that if more units become available at HS or HLJ at around retail, and I happen upon it while still up for grabs, I may buy one for the sake of being a completest; but it I don't, I can't really say I'll care that much.

Considering the V1's were close to 400$ on eBay before this renewal, it's worth every penny.

I even paid NY's price so that I couldn't miss it.

Considering that I got the v1 VF-27 for $140 shipped from AmiAmi when it came out, I think $400 is absolutely ludicrous and you're nuts if you actually pay that much for one. I also don't think getting a second one/replacing the one I have is worth $200+ when so little has changed.

The original VF-27 was an improvement over the v1 DX-25's but it really has not aged well in the last 2 years. Maybe when we get more in hand reviews I'll be proven wrong but it just doesn't seem like that much of an improvement. Even if you've never had a VF-27, I think it's going to feel disappointing at $250 compared the 25 renewals or similarly priced Yamatos.

what do you think are the odds hlj will get theirs within the 3-4days?

I hope good because I want to release my VF-25F that is being held up by this release to save on shipping and maximize my box opening experience. Although I already have an armored Alto, getting more than one toy in a box always raises my gratification level.

Edited by Loop

When someone gets theirs in---could you please compare/check if the hip-gun-cover-bits are EXACTLY the same as the original DX's? Both shape and color? Because if they are, then presumably a future CF will be as "identical" as well, and I'd probably just swap hip covers, and wait to sell my CF until I have the new one.

(because I spent hours mixing up a custom paint match and getting the perfect angles and symmetry for the missing stripes, and I'd rather not do it again if I don't have to---if I can just swap the parts, that saves me a bunch of time/effort)