IXTL

Hello all.

The lucifer super part set comes with a vf27 and the super part right?

Not just super part right? At 25000 yen.

Because i saw a brera set at 45000yen at nin nin.thats makes me worry that the lucifer super part at 25000yen might not consist of a vf27.....

The 45,000yen one is the old v.1 they still have in stock. I can't say why it's more expensive than the new one... <_<

Guest davidwhangchoi

The 45,000yen one is the old v.1 they still have in stock. I can't say why it's more expensive than the new one... <_<

just natural inflation of out of print valks. nippon yasan does the same. even when pre-orders came out for the renewal vf-25F the old listing was still up at 350 range

Edited by davidwhangchoi

NY buys up stock from local stores last time it was discussed.

The higher price is to reflect their higher cost.

I have no quarrel with NY, they are doing it better,

At least I can actually get this stuff, if I dare not camp out

All night F5ing.

I don't think that is the case. My assumption is that the market is saturated and all people who want a preorder have or the preorder slot is to expensive for them.

Either way it is only a preorder we are talking about not the actual toy. So naturally only crazy people like us are paying a mark-up for a preorder slot. ^_^

Just wandering why NY can get so many preorder than others.. And they never failed to fulfill those orders. They got special business connection with bandai ?

Nothing special at all. :)

From what we've gathered they buy stock from stores that don't sell online, locally in Japan.

They put it up at a mark-up and sell it online because that's where the market has shifted.

This makes perfect sense as the Japanese economy is down and the yen is weak.

The store owners move their stock at a mark-up, make some profit, and are able to free up store space for faster local sales.

NY gets a larger stock to sell to foreigners online at a slight profit (remember they are paying slightly under retail)

You get a chance to get a toy you wouldn't normally get.

Everybody wins.

NY couldn't get this many directly from Bandai. They must have good relationships with these other stores who probably have a hard time selling them in Japan. I doubt frontier is that popular, and if it is, they are still pricy, specialty goods in a weak economy.

The more I think of the Japanese economic situation the less I think it has to do with increased production runs, or lack of interest in the toy, NY has just shifted the market to the west (and all around the world) and found a way to increase stock locally. I assume that NY is in a position to do this because they have shipping ties to China or a better and cheaper way to ship.

They have basically fixed Bandai's distribution problem for them, yet people complain.

Edited by Gakken85

Actually, the chances of that might be decently high. I think people are becoming wise to the way the scalper market works, and they aren't forking over scalper pre-orders, so many of them will probably get cancelled come release day.

I can't say how many, but it definitely happened with several other releases. It's just a matter of being patient, and being willing to risk not getting one if the pre-orders all sell out. Given the status of this particular release, I'm not expecting it to be as popular as others, though it might beat out the VF-171CF.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i didn't think it would be popular either but it looks like the pre orders are really fast on this one. surprising! Maybe they'll be printing a lot so it'll be widely avail to drive the price down.

I am waiting to see what will happen on the RVF-25 release day. If all of a sudden stock appears at the 14000 yen pricepoint like the VF-171CF, then chances of getting a VF-27 closer to retail get higher.

Edited by grymg

either ppl are not fond of this. or....NY is really scaring ppl away.

I think it's more a matter of it's simply too high a price at the scalped amount for most people. Especially when there's a chance you could save $60-80 by being vigilant and hunting around at release. ~$250 before shipping really is a lot to pay for a Bandai Valk with their atrocious quality control; for those of us outside Japan once you add shipping you're talking about a nearly $300 Valk....sorry but NOTHING Bandai has made for Frontier is worth more than the VF-4G retailed for...

exactly.

but then, macross fan is rich anyway ;) to some, 50 usd is nothing.

I think it's more a matter of it's simply too high a price at the scalped amount for most people. Especially when there's a chance you could save $60-80 by being vigilant and hunting around at release. ~$250 before shipping really is a lot to pay for a Bandai Valk with their atrocious quality control; for those of us outside Japan once you add shipping you're talking about a nearly $300 Valk....sorry but NOTHING Bandai has made for Frontier is worth more than the VF-4G retailed for...

Guys, I need your kind advise: I’ve got an extra DX YF-29 Alto custom that I'm not interested in anymore. It’s never been displayed, the box’s
been opened, the toy transformed once to check that everything was OK and back to the box. Do you think it'd be a fair trade for a DX Super VF-27?

Considering the rarity, possibly, though raw-value-wise, I think the 27 is higher priced, and people may balk at that retail value difference.

Throwing in the YF-29 super packs on the other hand would actually make it over-valued for a trade I think, considering how hard those are to come by now.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guys, I need your kind advise: I’ve got an extra DX YF-29 Alto custom that I'm not interested in anymore. It’s never been displayed, the box’s

been opened, the toy transformed once to check that everything was OK and back to the box. Do you think it'd be a fair trade for a DX Super VF-27?

Hard to say since the vf-27 isn't out yet. No telling if it will follow the vf-171 cf route.

Guest davidwhangchoi

based on the going price for a used alto 29 is about in the 23000yen range in japan, added to the fact that you don't want it. i think it's a fair trade. but do you want a 27 or are you on the fence on it?

based on the going price for a used alto 29 is about in the 23000yen range in japan, added to the fact that you don't want it. i think it's a fair trade. but do you want a 27 or are you on the fence on it?

Yes, I want a v.2 27. I guess someone with an extra pre-order could be interested in a swap.

Edited by Reïvaj

Guest davidwhangchoi

or you can just sell yours in the sales thread and pre-order one @ NY

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...