Any chance of a vf-2ss?

auberondreaming

It's more likely that we would see the VF-2SS from one of the talented modellers/sculpters here, and it probably would cost several hundred. No SAP, please...

Something like this?...

post-664-0-16237500-1343430470_thumb.jpg

post-664-0-65496200-1343430471_thumb.jpg

post-664-0-08236900-1343430542_thumb.jpg

vf-2ss-sap.pdf

*** The pdf is 3D and can be rotated, spinned, zoomed, etc. ***

Sorry, it's all just the SAP components at the moment. And before someone asks, this is just something I've been toying with off and on for more than two years (bursts of activity interspersed with long periods of lack of interest) for my own amusement and to see if I could pull it off. What you see is a 3D assembly done in Pro-E judiciously based off Bandai's 1/100 kit. Of course, being a solid model, building them in 1/60, or 1/48 for that matter, is entirely doable.

Looking good Mechaninac! I must confess, I accidentally bought the Bandai kit off hlj after the advisement that it was available a few posts back. I'll file this under 'one day, maybe'. I actually thing the VF-2JA is more straightforward to attempt. If I win the lottery or get an inheritance from some secret royal family member, I'd like to quit my job and make all the valks.

It's more likely that we would see the VF-2SS from one of the talented modellers/sculpters here, and it probably would cost several hundred. No SAP, please...

Something like this?...

Sorry, it's all just the SAP components at the moment.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Yes, definitely something like that! ;):) Nice job on the SAP.

I'd love a decent VF-2SS someday. Keep up the good work! :)

I think Yamato would be afraid of Kawamori getting butthurt.

I'm not so sure though. It's not like Yamato ONLY does Macross by Kawamori designs...

intakes all over the place

And???....

The VF-0, VF-1, VF-17, VF-171, YF/VF-19, VF-25, and YF-29 all have what look like superfluous intakes; the VF-2SS is just a bit more blatant about it with the two inner ones forward of the stowed arms.

Not really. The VF-1 does not have a "clean" ventral area; it's got two side by side shoulders that create a flat wall right behind the stored head. Where the arms are concerned in fighter mode, the VF-2SS has a cleaner flow than the VF-1.

To me, the VF-2SS and the VF2-JA are very pleasing desings, just like all the other VFs I mentioned. Personally, I like all the VF designs in all of Macross' incarnations with only two exceptions: the VA-3 and the Metal Siren. I'm also not fond of Basara's VF-19Kai and Mylene's VF-11MAXL, although the other 19s and 11s (icluding the non-canon, non-boobied delta winged 11) are awesome.

Edited by mechaninac

Not really. The VF-1 does not have a "clean" ventral area; it's got two side by side shoulders that create a flat wall right behind the stored head. Where the arms are concerned in fighter mode, the VF-2SS has a cleaner flow than the VF-1.

The top of the head flows into the shoulders. Only some of the toys have it go right into the top of the shoulders. Plus the VF-2SS has troughs between its limbs. that is whack

The top of the head flows into the shoulders. Only some of the toys have it go right into the top of the shoulders. Plus the VF-2SS has troughs between its limbs. that is whack

No, man. Crack is whack.

Oh god, it starts...God help us all

If you're referring to the way the arms meet the legs in fighter mode, they are very reminiscent of the VF-1, flat sided forearm butted up against rounded lower leg, so I don't see a problem there. If your beef is with the open space between the arms in F-mode, it's less severe than on the VF-4, and there are plenty of real world aircraft with widely spaced nacelles -- F-14 being the most obvious example; so, again, no design flaw there. But I get it, you just don't like the VF-2SS, so no matter how many counter points to your criticizims I make in the defence of the mecha, you'll just come up with some other non sequitur to denigrate the design, so that we'd just end up spinning our wheels ad nauseam.

Everyone else who have posted here have expressed their desire for a 1/60 toy of the Valkyrie II to be made by Bandai or Yamato, because we all would like to have the opportunity to add such a sexy beast to our collections of Macross toys. So what I don't get is the compulsion to take a wiz in the punch bowl... if you don't like cocktail, don't drink it and just say its not your kind of poison, but also don't spoil it for everyone else.

So, moving on...

Edited by mechaninac

Trust me I love the VF-2 to bits but it seems ripe for that "I heard you like intakes, so here's..." meme. :ph34r:

And a very tired meme at that...

• 2 weeks later...

I would get one, and the reason for that is despite it not being officially a kawamori design it is still a great or "cool-looking" design much like the Legios and Tread from mospeada. I like the battroid of this more than battroid mode of the vf-4 actually. (the irony of this is that the vf-4 wasn't originally transformable anyway despite it being a "VF", was it? But people like that a lot even though it is top heavy design and isn't as realistic/practical as the vf-1, and vf-2. Imagine parking your vf-4 in robot mode on a windy day? I would not want to be near it lol)

If Bandai made this with the same care that they put into thier current macf toys (vf-25, vf-171, koenig monster etc) I would be happy. I think yamato would not want to do this as a way of not pissing off the floating head. (political reasons lol)

I like the over the top power the big cannon provides in the show too. Although now that macF has beam rifle sniper guns like miniturised zentradi ships do (with the whole 'splitting the gun in half and charging up' thing they do) it seems like the design of this once-impressive weapon is not 'futuristic' or overpowered anymore.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If you're referring to the way the arms meet the legs in fighter mode, they are very reminiscent of the VF-1, flat sided forearm butted up against rounded lower leg, so I don't see a problem there. If your beef is with the open space between the arms in F-mode, it's less severe than on the VF-4, and there are plenty of real world aircraft with widely spaced nacelles -- F-14 being the most obvious example; so, again, no design flaw there. But I get it, you just don't like the VF-2SS, so no matter how many counter points to your criticizims I make in the defence of the mecha, you'll just come up with some other non sequitur to denigrate the design, so that we'd just end up spinning our wheels ad nauseam.

Everyone else who have posted here have expressed their desire for a 1/60 toy of the Valkyrie II to be made by Bandai or Yamato, because we all would like to have the opportunity to add such a sexy beast to our collections of Macross toys. So what I don't get is the compulsion to take a wiz in the punch bowl... if you don't like cocktail, don't drink it and just say its not your kind of poison, but also don't spoil it for everyone else.

So, moving on...

THIS GUY! is the MAN!!!

I dunno about it being political reasons though. Like I said earlier, it's not like Yamato ONLY does Macross designs by Kawamori. The 1/3000 Macross wasn't designed by Kawamori. The Destroids weren't designed by Kawamori. I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't get the rights to Macross II like they do to all of the other licenses they make toys for.