ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

What I want to say about this one is "so what?" I wonder if they want some flattery here. Why didn't they try to do the Itano Circus? This movie contains just Hoollywood-movie-like music, scenes, Macross mechas, CGs, and eh, that's all. Japanese fans will be never satisfied with it in such a degree.
Yes, but think about this. This film is made by fans, not Hollywood or any professional film comapny. Are Japanese fans doing anything like this?

I saw some pretty good Pachinko cut-scenes in live-action that looked okay (which were professionally made), but that's about it.

Edited by peter

What I want to say about this one is "so what?"

I wonder if they want some flattery here.

Why didn't they try to do the Itano Circus?

This movie contains just Hoollywood-movie-like music, scenes, Macross mechas, CGs, and eh, that's all.

Japanese fans will be never satisfied with it in such a degree.

Wow. Just. Wow. I hope someone helps you with your stick problem.

Oh, one more thing, they are so in love with the term Robotech, but then use:

"VALKYRIE?"

Was thinking the same. Maybe they are trying to catch some more people. Valkyrie is a more familiar name for a transforming jet fighter than varitech. And I too don't agree with this mixture of names and series.

The trailer is kicking to be fair.

Was thinking the same. Maybe they are trying to catch some more people. Valkyrie is a more familiar name for a transforming jet fighter than varitech. And I too don't agree with this mixture of names and series.

The trailer is kicking to be fair.

In the RT universe the VT-1 is the Veritech "Valkyrie". The Legioss from Mospeada is the VFA-1 Veritech Fighter Alpha,etc.

OK no attacks here guys. If you want to bash someone go take a chill pill or I start modding ya.

One more thing to note is that in the comics, the veritechs were developed under the "project Valkyrie" banner. I believe it was the From the Star mini series. Also in RT the Veritech seems to be designation for a variable fighter and not the name fo the actual plane itself. Kinda of like a "Sidewinder" missile. Sidewindeer is the name associated with it and missile is the device.

In both the original SDF: Macross and ROBOTECH: The Macross Saga, the VF-1 is named Valkyrie; what is called a Variable Fighter in Macross is refered to as a Veritech Fighter in ROBOTECH. In Macross the VF-1's given name was adopted as a general term for all subsequent VFs, regardless of their official names. In ROBOTECH, Veritech was the class name of all transformable mecha (not sure if the Cyclones followed this convention): Veritech Valkyrie, Veritech Alpha, Veritech Spartas, etc. In short, calling the VF-1 the Valkyrie is equally valid in both properties.

Personally, I prefer VF to stand for Variable Fighter, the way it does in the original. Veritech, although presumably intended to mean Variable Technology (why they didn't spell it Varitech, I'll never understand...), is just a coined word that served the dual purposes of facilitating the bridging of the three unrelated series and differentiating the terminology from the 1st generation source material.

Edited by mechaninac

Hello, folks. At noon in Tokyo and partly cloudy sky.

Japanese fans doesn't know what is Robotech anyway... :rolleyes:

Degraded copy of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeda. Period.

Yes, but think about this. This film is made by fans, not Hollywood or any professional film comapny. Are Japanese fans doing anything like this?

I saw some pretty good Pachinko cut-scenes in live-action that looked okay (which were professionally made), but that's about it.

"The voices of a distant star" by Makoto Shinkai? He beats those "fans" because he made it with his original story, characters, mechas, much longer and the most important thing is, he made it by himself. How about the punks? Just using the other guys' properties. "Hell Yeah, we made it!"

B U L L S H I T.

Well, anyway, "so, what can you do?" is the words of the quarrels between the kids...

We have watched SDFM, the viewing rate got better, and the stories were prolonged in 1982-1983, so the Japanese fans proud of it. Some members here know I started watching SDFM from October 1982. I contributed the success of SDFM at that time. The staffs answered the expectations of us. We have an eye to assess what is good and what is lame/ wack.

I wonder if they are really "fans". Their edit skill is beyond amateurs' one. I am afraid of they belong to the unknown movie production which have something to do with HG or WB. "If the movie became familiar, many people would follow it and the stopping live-action movie project would start again." If this is the secret strategy... Oh, just guessing. Don't be so serious, folks.

"The voices of a distant star" by Makoto Shinkai? He beats those "fans" because he made it with his original story, characters, mechas, much longer and the most important thing is, he made it by himself. How about the punks? Just using the other guys' properties. "Hell Yeah, we made it!"

B U L L S H I T.

Talk about forgetting history. :rolleyes:

So were Shoji Kawamori and Haruhiko Mikimoto "punks" back when they made their Gundam fanzine, Gunsight One? Or was Hidetaka Tenjin a "punk" back when he posted CG Valkyries on the fansite, Valkyrie Maniacs?

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Talk about forgetting history. :rolleyes:/>

So were Shoji Kawamori and Haruhiko Mikimoto "punks" back when they made their Gundam fanzine, Gunsight One? Or was Hidetaka Tenjin a "punk" back when he posted CG Valkyries on the fansite, Valkyrie Maniacs?

Gainax are punks too for the Daicon III & IV videos. Outside of the girl(who was probly a knockoff) they owned none of the material and had pirated ELO music to boot!

Gainax are punks too for the Daicon III & IV videos. Outside of the girl(who was probly a knockoff) they owned none of the material and had pirated ELO music to boot!

I'm not getting into this debate (like, AT ALL), but I wanted to point out that the Daicon girl is definitely NOT a knock-off (except for the Playboy Bunny outfit, of course).

(Back to lurking.)

Edited by Gubaba

I'm not getting into this debate (like, AT ALL), but I wanted to point out that the Daicon girl is definitely NOT a knock-off (except for the Playboy Bunny outfit, of course).

(Back to lurking.)

I dunno. I see heavy influences of the Clarise character from Castle of Cagliostro and Azuma Hideo, both of whom were extremely popular among the "proto-otaku" at the time.

Funny how whenever the word 'Robotech' is placed here it sparks debate :p Even if its a well made fan project.

This debate is older than the internet. :lol:

¿Back? on topic....

Degraded copy of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeda. Period.

Thanks for missing my point. This short wasn't made for Japanese Fans, if there was some "target" definitively was American Fans (The whole continent I mean)

Thanks for missing my point. This short wasn't made for Japanese Fans, if there was some "target" definitively was American Fans (The whole continent I mean)

Gerli, I love you like a brother, but here, I think you've gone too far.

Macross (and by extension, Robotech) is Japanese. There's no denying that.

This movie should be meant for EVERYONE, not just one culture. I hope Japanese fans can enjoy it just as much as American fans can. (Besides, I'm American. I like Macross. I don't like Robotech. I'm part of the continent. Am I the target?)

To tell Antibiotictab that the movie isn't for him would be like the creators of "Turkish Star Wars" to say that the film was ONLY meant for Turkish people, when the truth is that ANYONE can enjoy the movie.

And to take something from one country, and then tell people from that country that it's not for them...? That just sucks.

Hi everyone. I´m from Argentina, btw, and there´s one thing I have to say about the name.

There´s an inmense Macross community here, and Ms. Mari Iijima was here about a month ago in one of the celebrations for the 30th annyversary.

BUT.... Macross, as it is, was never EVER aired here.

What we would call "the public" only know Robotech as a series. And that is, maybe, the meaning of the name. There´s no doubt in my mind that the producers LOVE Macross. And gosh if they may love it, that they are working that hard to make it possible... (and to some idiots bashing nonsense about it... btw. )

So, that maybe the simplest answer. It needs to be know to the "Latin and north American people", that only know Robotech.

And I think that we, the ones who love all about Macross, could well live with that.

Just an opinion.

Peace

Hi everyone. I´m from Argentina, btw, and there´s one thing I have to say about the name.

There´s an inmense Macross community here, and Ms. Mari Iijima was here about a month ago in one of the celebrations for the 30th annyversary.

BUT.... Macross, as it is, was never EVER aired here.

What we would call "the public" only know Robotech as a series. And that is, maybe, the meaning of the name. There´s no doubt in my mind that the producers LOVE Macross. And gosh if they may love it, that they are working that hard to make it possible... (and to some idiots bashing nonsense about it... btw. )

So, that maybe the simplest answer. It needs to be know to the "Latin and north American people", that only know Robotech.

And I think that we, the ones who love all about Macross, could well live with that.

Just an opinion.

Peace

Thank you, this makes the most sense.

To tell Antibiotictab that the movie isn't for him would be like the creators of "Turkish Star Wars" to say that the film was ONLY meant for Turkish people, when the truth is that ANYONE can enjoy the movie.

I know Bro, that wasn't my point neither (Damn, is hard to debate in another language :p ) I'm just saying that this fan made short is intended to fit in our little "universe" named Robotech. As Astro says, Macross never aired in Argentina and I bet that Robotech wasn't ever aired in Japan too. So we have the same scenery in both sides of the world. This short was made to be enjoyed by Robotech fans, not Macross fans (Because, at this point we can agree that they are different story). Everybody can enjoy it? Sure! but I think we can't criticize this work from the Macross side.

Sorry about my English (Again) :p

Edited by Gerli

I know Bro, that wasn't my point neither (Damn, is hard to debate in another language :p ) I'm just saying that this fan made short is intended to fit in our little "universe" named Robotech. As Astro says, Macross never aired in Argentina and I bet that Robotech wasn't ever aired in Japan too. So we have the same scenery in both sides of the world. This short was made to be enjoyed by Robotech fans, not Macross fans (Because, at this point we can agree that they are different story). Everybody can enjoy it? Sure! but I think we can't criticize this work from the Macross side.

Sorry about my English (Again) :p

No problem with the English... your English is GREAT!!

And yes, they're different stories, because Robotech is Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada.

But I don't see any Southern Cross or Mospeada references here... just Macross. So why not call it Macross...? Just because Macross wasn't in South America? That seems like a bad reason to me.

But maybe, I'm foolish. I don't know.

No problem with the English... your English is GREAT!! And yes, they're different stories, because Robotech is Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada. But I don't see any Southern Cross or Mospeada references here... just Macross. So why not call it Macross...? Just because Macross wasn't in South America? That seems like a bad reason to me. But maybe, I'm foolish. I don't know.

I guess they can't call it just Macross because even in the Macross segments of Robopoo, the story is different and the character names are different. In the ugly words of antibiotictab, Robotech really is "just using the other guy's properties", there's no two ways about it. Or if you want to get technical, not so much properties but someone else's creation, ie Macross.

Hello, folks. At noon in Tokyo and partly cloudy sky. Degraded copy of Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeda. Period. "The voices of a distant star" by Makoto Shinkai? He beats those "fans" because he made it with his original story, characters, mechas, much longer and the most important thing is, he made it by himself. How about the punks? Just using the other guys' properties. "Hell Yeah, we made it!" B U L L S H I T. Well, anyway, "so, what can you do?" is the words of the quarrels between the kids... We have watched SDFM, the viewing rate got better, and the stories were prolonged in 1982-1983, so the Japanese fans proud of it. Some members here know I started watching SDFM from October 1982. I contributed the success of SDFM at that time. The staffs answered the expectations of us. We have an eye to assess what is good and what is lame/ wack.

I wonder if they are really "fans". Their edit skill is beyond amateurs' one. I am afraid of they belong to the unknown movie production which have something to do with HG or WB. "If the movie became familiar, many people would follow it and the stopping live-action movie project would start again." If this is the secret strategy... Oh, just guessing. Don't be so serious, folks.

You my friend, are taking this thing way too seriously. Here at Macrossworld.com, we have had the debate about Robotech/Harmony Gold and Macross for more than 10 years. I've hated Robotech for even longer than that and I personally thing it's a butchered copy of the Japanese originals, but that is my opinion, probably shared by many people here. There was even a time when we had internet battles (as ghey as that sounds) with the people at Robotech.com in the early days. Trust me, there are a great many people who do not like Robotech and ithe people responsible for it. It's just that over the last 10 years, most people don't care about it anymore, or perhaps the flame wars got so out of control that the moderators just don't let them start anymore, but don't think for a moment that hating Robotech is a new idea here. You've only been a member here since last year, but members used to be a lot more vocal about it. I guess a lot of us are just getting old, getting over it, or just don't care anymore.

Nobody's quarelling with you about "what can you do" That wasn't my point. If Japanese fans created something like this, we would absolutely love to watch it, but nobody is doing it. The best thing we've had recently is the Pachinko cut-scenes and beleive me, I wish there were more. I think everyone here wishes there were more. We would love for there to be new material from Japan, but all we can do right now is wait and hope. These guys from South America are doing their best, at least It think they are. I really don't think they are professionals, I think they are really just a bunch of fans because it definitely is not up to the same standards as the professionally made Pachinko cut-scenes. But let's not trash them for trying right? At least they put in an effort. Yes, they are using the Robotech name, but they're just fans, they're not making any money from it. If Harmony Gold was responsible for this film (which it is not), I would NEVER watch it. But it's a fan-film, so I look past the "Robotech" thing. I still hate Robotech, but I don't expect the whole world to understand why I hate it, including these guys.

But I don't see any Southern Cross or Mospeada references here... just Macross. So why not call it Macross...? Just because Macross wasn't in South America? That seems like a bad reason to me.

Indeed friend, but that is because "The Macross Saga" carry the most weight in the "collage".

I think that if these fans added "Itano Circus", A love Triangle and some kind of "Music Energy" we can argue from a Macross point of view, but as we say in Argentina, they made "Un Corto Pochoclero" (popcorn-short) with cool transformable mechs, a lot of explosion and wild Zentraedis wrecking everything....it's not Macross so I'm cool wit this. -_-

When I watched Robotech Shadow Chronicles things on youtube. I found a comment. It was saying, "I know a Japanese Macross fan. He also said Shadow Chronicles is a good one." I couldn't stop laughing for a while. After that, I will never stop attacking Borotech things. I hate such a lair. Sorry liar, even a Japanese fan have watched your shitty bullshit.

Kawamori/ Mikimoto made a Dojinshi. Yes. But to earn much money? No. So was Daicon 3 & 4.

At a glance of this one, much money was needed. A donation? No? Where did it come from? Some banks? "We will make a Robotech short movie, we had a permission from HG, we have skills, after making it we will push it to HG and BW, and IT BECOMES MORE MONEY!" If they obtained a loan, just like this.

Edited by azrael

Seriously, this is just another Youtube fan video. Just like most of the other stuff on Youtube. If you have an opinion of their fan work, why not post in the Comments for the video or on their channel instead of here. Who cares what they call it. It's their project, they can call it whatever the hell they want.

If you want to continue down this road we closed long ago, we can ban you right now and then you are free to go to Youtube and tell them how you feel without hiding here.

Or, we can continue talking about the work these fans have done and encourage them to continue their work, I'm fine with that.

HG bought the rights to the three series that comprise ROBOTECH for international distribution; therefore, they have the rights to do with those properties as they see fit (they even had a subsequent legal judgment in their favor to that effect): instead of just straight dubbing them individually, they hacked them up into a single story due to the vagaries of US TV cartoon scheduling at the time, and Revell's sponsorship... it was their prerogative also, as they owned it. That makes ROBOTECH its own product, whether or not one likes it. Besides, the existence of ROBOTECH does not, in any way, tarnish or diminish the originals; last time I looked, Macross was alive and well -- thriving, as a matter of fact; GC Mospeada was far less popular, even in its day -- it can even be argued that its inclusion in RT gave it more longevity than it would have had otherwise; and SDC Southern Cross was never popular.

That being said, I wonder if antibiotictab attacks fan projects associated with, or inspired by, Star Wars or Star Trek or any other IP with the same foaming-at-the-mouth fervor and vitriol that he clearly bestows upon anything, as he puts it, Borotech. Or if this is just a particular sore spot that pushes his "raging D!ck" button.

I can understand the dislike for ROBOTECH -- many on this site share it, and I sympathize with, even join in, the antagonism towards Harmony Gold for how they've (mis)handled the whole mess since the show aired, specially for making collecting, and getting support for, anything connected to the originals such a difficult and unnecessarily expensive proposition (which does not affect antibiotictab in any way whatsoever as he resides in Japan, making all the b!tch!ng even more curious). However to denigrate a fan effort, because of the name they decided to give it, strikes me as supremely arrogant, small minded, and childish. Let them have their fun within a context with which they're familiar.

Edited by mechaninac

That being said, I wonder if antibiotictab attacks fan projects associated with, or inspired by, Star Wars or Star Trek or any other IP with the same foaming-at-the-mouth fervor and vitriol that he clearly bestows upon anything, as he puts it, Borotech. Or if this is just a particular sore spot that pushes his "raging D!ck" button.

I hear ya... and yet... HG has constantly said stuff like, "Shadow Chronicles has been fansubbed in Japan!" and touted the popularity of Robotech in Japan... so Antibiotictab provides a corrective to that, yes?

Personally, I prefer VF to stand for Variable Fighter, the way it does in the original. Veritech, although presumably intended to mean Variable Technology (why they didn't spell it Varitech, I'll never understand...), is just a coined word that served the dual purposes of facilitating the bridging of the three unrelated series and differentiating the terminology from the 1st generation source material.

Actually, I prefer Veritech. It flows off the tounge a little easier, what with fewer syllables to deal with. Plus, it also means that the technology isn't implied to only apply to fighter jets; hence the Cyclone ( :wub: ).

One thing I've always enjoyed about Robotech is how the mecha seemed to take a combined Force of Arms, with non-variable battloids and destroids in the mix as well as the transformable Veritechs.