ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

The more I see stuff like this, the more I hope someone in Japan makes a live action Macross before there's a live actions RT with horrible actors like McGuire, and turn a great love story into a teenage angst drama with space vampires.

.. That's not M7 lol.

The more I see stuff like this, the more I hope someone in Japan makes a live action Macross before there's a live actions RT with horrible actors like McGuire, and turn a great love story into a teenage angst drama with space vampires.

.. That's not M7 lol.

Don't forget about Tobey Maguire project to a live action of Robotech...

I believe now what Pacific Rim was released, much studios make their mecha's movies for the next year....

Since this franchise is pretty much dead to me except for making fun of, I really have no interest in anything Robotech, be it fan projects or official release. I will admit that calling it the "Valkyrie Project" with a Robotech title is mildly annoying. Now, onto the work itself, The animation is OK. The camera angling is good. The CG looks a little blocky and video game-like, but it's something that can be worked on as it goes forward. Thumbs up, man.

Yeah, I'm a bit irked by that as well. I thought most fans should be able to differentiate the two different worlds, whether you're from the Robotech faction, or original Macross side. Was there a reason why didn't they use Veritech Project?

Yeah, I'm a bit irked by that as well. I thought most fans should be able to differentiate the two different worlds, whether you're from the Robotech faction, or original Macross side. Was there a reason why didn't they use Veritech Project?

I've learned over the years that a lot of people really don't know due to misinformation and/or don't care at this point out of nostalgia and loyalty, even if it is mildly insulting.

And yet, amongst both communities and within both niche franchises, Veritech is the status quo term for Robotech, and Valkyrie has been the term associated with Macross. Technicalities don't do a whole lot of justice with what maybe considered social norms in these two franchises.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... wow.

LOL. Yeah words fail me on that clip. I will say however that if people can rave over Pacific Rim then that Telemundo/Sabado Gigante version of Macross should be equally worshipped...

LOL. Yeah words fail me on that clip. I will say however that if people can rave over Pacific Rim then that Telemundo/Sabado Gigante version of Robotech should be equally worshipped...

Fixed. :D

Seems like the short was filmed in english and later dubbed to a "neutral" spanish, so it's aimed to USA and Latin America in general... interesting move from the studio.

Let's see how it goes... it kinda has some... "thing" from Macross I think... (And some from Top-Gun) :D

Ok, so what's the deal here, did we figure out if this is a fan film or a studio production?

Both I think... because the fan who made it owns the studio :D

For reference, the guy did some animation for a History Channel special about the Malvinas War

Edited by Gerli

Are you guys so desperate for some kind of live action version of transforming plane mecha that you actually look forward to something this.. Bad?

This makes Sharknado look good.

No offense, but yikes, HG won't have to do much to impress RT fans if that's all it takes.

Are you guys so desperate for some kind of live action version of transforming plane mecha that you actually look forward to something this.. Bad?

This makes Sharknado look good.

No offense, but yikes, HG won't have to do much to impress RT fans if that's all it takes.

But it's not backed by HG right? This is just a misinformed fan who hasn't discovered Macross in it's original form right?