CF18

5 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Those old CMs figures are still great to have. 

Thanks for the reminder of just how cute some of the characters came out.

They are really oldies but goldies. Molding isn't very sharp by today's standards, but that's ok because when we first watched TV/DYRL Macross, chances was it was all in its grainy glory on whichever media it was in then, so these figures kinda followed in that vein. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

As Wonderfest is quickly coming up again, I am wondering if anyone has any idea what Macross goods are going to be shown or for sale there? Specifically Characters since this is the thread for that.

11 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

As Wonderfest is quickly coming up again, I am wondering if anyone has any idea what Macross goods are going to be shown or for sale there? Specifically Characters since this is the thread for that.

I'm hoping that Arcadia will show colored prototype on their DYRL Minmay figure.

arcadia_minmay_old-new.gif.a12c0894fefe6a927b6db09998eb452a.gif

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm hoping that Arcadia will show colored prototype on their DYRL Minmay figure.

arcadia_minmay_old-new.gif.a12c0894fefe6a927b6db09998eb452a.gif

I'll be going to the event next month, so I hope to be taking lots of pictures (if they're allowed). The newer version of this design looks pretty good. There's some variation in the hair, and the obvious tilt, but other than that, I don't see too much difference. I really want to know about the kits that will be on sale. I hope that info comes out soon.

2 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I'll be going to the event next month, so I hope to be taking lots of pictures (if they're allowed). The newer version of this design looks pretty good. There's some variation in the hair, and the obvious tilt, but other than that, I don't see too much difference. I really want to know about the kits that will be on sale. I hope that info comes out soon.

Nice! Be sure to let us know what's out there during the event. :good: 

Hope MegaHouse will also display some colored prototypes of their annouced Lucrea line figures of Sheryl and Ranka posted from previous page. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Angesdad said:

45733328-D32A-4BDE-A318-3E8F7BAF46E8.jpeg.9f32f9980c0387101cdfcaae9dd21f56.jpeg
Been searching for a good representation of Frontier girls and finally got these old relics from the past. Very impressed with the quality overall, looking forward to transforming Sheryl & Ranka when my ladies aren’t around.😂

Oh wow that's a nice haul. Those three are among the very best Sheryl & Ranka figures to come out over the years. The left figure is easily my favorite of every Frontier figure ever released.

Nice purchase there @Angesdad :good:

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just don't get too hooked. Those things can cost as much if not more than valks. :blink:

I gotta agree with @Lolicon

Early on when I started collecting valks, I thought I'll then get some companion character figures to soften up all the mecha display a bit. Fast forward to today, I think the 'some' quantity of figures could be as many as the valks :lol: This especially with Sheryl & Ranka, as there seem to be near endless figures made of them. Till today I keep discovering ones I've never seen before.

I didn't get the newest Megahouse Basara & Mylene figs, as the price of figures have greatly increased these days. But one of most recent figure acquisition from YAJ would be of this Sheryl:

SherylkimonoNRM2Dnt.JPG.7e05aaea2ee1bf6a7dc89b93e9f04048.JPG

Edited by MKT

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Early on when I started collecting valks, I thought I'll then get some companion character figures to soften up all the mecha display a bit. Fast forward to today, I think the 'some' quantity of figures could be as many as the valks :lol: This especially with Sheryl & Ranka, as there seem to be near endless figures made of them. Till today I keep discovering ones I've never seen before.

I didn't get the newest Megahouse Basara & Mylene figs, as the price of figures have greatly increased these days. But one of most recent figure acquisition from YAJ would be of this Sheryl:

That's... beautiful.😍😍 my wallet has a new tear now.

3 hours ago, MKT said:

I don't buy too many statue figures but that is one I had to get and finally got one last year.

5 hours ago, MKT said:

That Sheryl figure is a really great one too.

You might want to put some clear tape or something between her hair and the gold ornament on the back of her head. The gold paint Bandai used on these Ichiban figures is super cheap and will leach out over time.

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That Sheryl figure is a really great one too.

You might want to put some clear tape or something between her hair and the gold ornament on the back of her head. The gold paint Bandai used on these Ichiban figures is super cheap and will leach out over time.

Thanks for heads up. If the gold on her hair is the same gold on the smoking pipe, then yeah it has already faded. Never noticed that before, but now when I look closer, I realize that paint in a few spots have faded over time.
I had to put something under her kimono to support it, the weight of the whole kimono pulls the whole figure backwards and can potentially snap the pegs on her ankles. 

30 minutes ago, borgified said:

@MKT - Can you use clear nail polish to seal and prevent the other gold paint from flaking off?

I’m taking a hiatus in collecting Macross figures for now until something gets my attention. 

I've no idea on nail polish being a paint sealer, as I've never started using any type of paints for my collection or the small handful of model kits I've built so far. The gold doesn't flake off though, it just sort of fades and loses its shine, like how a car paint gets sun-faded over time. 

9 hours ago, MKT said:

What are these? Are they resin figures?

I managed to get the set of ladies at Wonderfest. QR was display only

20230212_102800.jpg.aa7efc74e0b0c955b7f497d00a276ff5.jpg

These figures are resin figures. The Sheryl  Ranka, and Minmay are going to be production figures

16 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I managed to get the set of ladies at Wonderfest. QR was display only

20230212_102800.jpg.aa7efc74e0b0c955b7f497d00a276ff5.jpg

These figures are resin figures. The Sheryl  Ranka, and Minmay are going to be production figures

Very cool. They really need the Queedlunn's  for each !