I was gung-ho for the Uranos bots initially, but the interest kind of waned after seeing the painted versions of all the figures.

I've since diverted my hype over to the upcoming Stunticons/Menasor, which has a really cool look and are based on one of my favorite IDW designs. My only fear is that they might end up a little smallish.

?? :wacko:

"Smash to pieces" as in "smshed into the individual constructicons that make up Herc" :D

I wish people stop complaining about silverbolt. Yeah he is not the best of the 5. And I get your point. But would really keep him in their non gestalt mode. ??? He still has a decent bot mode and he unless you pose your valks and other jets flying inverted big deal! I do however think the $150 price tag is a bit much!

I have decided to finish the set. I like Phantom with its cool base using the foot and Eagle. I will repeat the shitty paint job on Silverbolt.

I get what you mean,

and my complaint is based more on the wallet than on looks. Like you say, the price for what you get is too much. That last pic is like a low kick: the bloody thing doesn't even need a single piece of the plane to work. I think anime52k8 put it very well.

Is Mastermind's Not-Sixshot aka Terminus Hexatron worth getting? My local hobby store just opened pre-orders for him, and he looks kind of cool. He's about the same price as a Yamato 1/60 VF-1.

I haven't been able to find any good pics of him, but he looks pretty articulated in bot mode. Couldn;t get a good look at wolf mode, though.

hm, well looking at it now I'm not really that impressed. T Bone and Car Crash look more like filler pieces and that's just not fair. Depending on how Motor master or maybe Engine Master how he looks seperately will give me a final decision on going or passing on this entirely. The reviews on the first 2 have been good, but the size alone has been turning me off because of it's price.

I was looking at energon Silverbolt not sure why they could not use that as a base for TFCs superion.

You are so right on that! That plane mode even looks a bit like a Blackbird. They only needed to make it bigger, add panels here and there and maybe the engines but the shape is there. Now I'm sad to see what so easily could have been.

Now MM is what I would call a brilliant torso and vehicle. Robot mode can't be bad, specially since the combined form is just strap on cars.

Think the backpack kibble could be optional forearms to look more like the IDW drawing? The see-through elbows are beneath the overall awesomeness of combined form.

Thanks for the link. Well, I guess that makes him at 100% must-buy. All six modes look decent (gun and wolf modes, as expected, are a little rough), bot mode proportions are good, he's got a pair of swords, and even ball-joints on his hands to use those swords! And he's actually taller than MP-10, if you count his shoulders!

Never expected the hobby store to bring in a 3rd party toy so suddenly, but I'm glad they did.

Hopefully they'll bring in not-Menasor, too. Looks awesome, although like everyone else said, Car Crash and T-Bone act more as shin guards than actual legs. And the way not-Motormaster converts to combine with his fellow Stunticons, I'm a little concerned about his bot mode's articulation and proportions.

Edited by GU-11

got this about a month ago but i've been travelling so much i only got to open it now.

it's amazing! totally changed my perception of TP TFs.

love the feel of the plastic. for one, it's matte, second, it has a bit of the pliability of PVC which means stiff enough to lock rigidly but soft enough so one doesn't have to fear breaking tabs.

post-6173-0-66851800-1362132565_thumb.jpg

i swapped the heads and used the older version. the newer one looks like "a senile old man with shades", as one reviewer puts it.

just love the chunkiness of this figure!

Yes I did enjoy maketoys release, far less problematic than Hercules with every figure having an issue and next figure release had the fix it yourself parts. Course MTs long haul did have a shoulder issue and fixed it on the final figure set and fixed it for the g1 color release.

I received my Maketoys giant/devastator this week and would like to echo what Hikuro said. It's a very solid release from Maketoys. The piece is well done with good quality plastic. The paint is superb for a third party release. Great, great toy and highly recommended for anyone who loves devastator.

Can't wait for my Fansproject Bruticus to come in so he can battle devastator.

Regarding Menasor, there has been some talk on the TF2005 boards that the individual cars can swap out as legs or arms to emulate the Scamble City OVA. I don't mind that the cars just become shins for Menasor's legs. That seems true to the animation.

Strongly recommend if you wanna go all G1'er is to go to reprolabels where they've been building sticker sets for Giant. They look really nice even if they're only for the green type grumble grumble

Personally, I don't think the Stunticon limbs can swap. I think it's going to be like TFC Uranos---they may be able to come CLOSE to the other limb modes due to articulation, but can't really swap--not without issues.

There was a review I watched a few weeks ago, he was doing Car Crash and it seems he was able to make him look like an arm versus a leg. He was also wondering why the chest piece could flip and there was a slot inside the main torso. My guess is that's where he'll peg into motor master of course. But I also would find it interesting that they could pull a scramble city switch and see how much better they perform this versus Hasbro's FOC Bruticus.

wrong thread UN ;) but it is rather nice. Good ol' Fairlady Z just like what Prowl should always be even if it's not a 280!

My order for Car Crash is on it's way, should be here I think friday. Also got CODE coming, which I'm looking forward to him. I had to buy him off eBay sadly, close to double the price too. But the way I see it is he'll be a nice compliment to my Classics Hardhead since I have zero interest in the third party full body versions on the way.

Re: Divebomb. It's just a render, that's not plastic. Other than "black" it's impossible to know exactly what hues the actual finished toy will have.

Speaking of which, it is true that the Unique Toys Predaking is a mass-produced version of a fan-produced custom?

Absolutely. It's this one: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/632409-predaking-2-0-revised-edition.html

Nice, that's quite a feat for an original custom. However, if MMC stays true to form, their version is what I'm getting.

Y'know, I really like what Reprolabels does, but sometimes they make a figure look quite garish.

IMHO, Reprolabels has been going overboard lately. They want to cover up like 90% of a figure. Massive sheets that wrap around corners and edges with 16 folds to cover an entire arm. Also, trying TOO hard to get every last G1 detail on a new version that just won't work with it. The whole "you don't have to/shouldn't use them ALL" point is valid, but it is making some sheets very big and very expensive, when you only want a few key, core stickers that make a big impact. I'd really like some of their sheets to be available in smaller "essentials" versions. I bet they'll be making "G1 Stunticon" sheets for the FP Menasor, and they're going to try to put every one of the G1 bot-mode markings on the new figures---and they'll look ghastly if they do.

Have you seen the new FoC Swindle sheet? They sticker his wheels. All of it. Hub, sidewalls, and treads.

Why is not-Broadside cosplaying as a Valk?

Because his other alt-mode is sorta based on the SDF-1. And he also turns into a jet. A transforming jet robot. Based on Macross. See the pattern?

@ David Hingtgen: Yeah, now that you mentioned it, but honestly I never noticed it until this promo pic came about. The jet looks more like a Legioss (the way the back of the jet mode looks similar, and in bot mode the nosecone is on his back) and before I saw the reprolabels promo, it looked for all the world like just another aircraft carrier thingie to me.

** edited for typos.

Edited by GU-11

Have you seen the new FoC Swindle sheet? They sticker his wheels. All of it. Hub, sidewalls, and treads.

ok, the tread stickers are a little much but the rest look pretty good to me. (although that toy as a whole still looks like garbage).

I haven't gotten any yet but the MP10 stickers look great. Wouldn't use ALL of them but probably most (especially on the trailer).