BTW, the sixth member of MMC's Predaking is a saber tooth tiger, to replace Divebomb as an arm and allow Divebomb to mount on the back.

Kinda of let down, specially considering how much attention to detail the MMC people have. I was expecting something that would add playability to Feral Rex itself.

oh this looks good:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/ft-03-quake-wave-shockwave-in-hand-gallery-176770/

and the dark purple paint works surprisingly well on the waist. it breaks up the shape but it still has the solid purple look of the cartoon.

FP's Menasor is indeed based off this:

Menasor_by_DonFig_1268829887.jpg

Mainly because the transformation actually works and is quite ingenious without needing add-on fists and feet, etc. I'll be amazed if Motormaster's cab actually splits 4 ways to form both feet and both thighs--but it'd be awesome. Really, it's not a skeleton-former, but more like G1 Devastator IMHO.

Depending on how closely they follow things (they've clearly gone with different alt-modes) this may hint at the robot modes of the 3 unrevealed figures: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/7/1/TF05cvr_1268768043.jpg

oh this looks good:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/ft-03-quake-wave-shockwave-in-hand-gallery-176770/

and the dark purple paint works surprisingly well on the waist. it breaks up the shape but it still has the solid purple look of the cartoon.

Well, that certainly impressed me. Pure genius way to get rid of the battery pack of the original toy and beef up the legs. Even the gun muzzle can be integrated.

I remember Shockwave as my second TF. Parents made It very clear he was super expensive. Then the gun arm broke at the shoulder lol

FP's Menasor is indeed based off this:

Mainly because the transformation actually works and is quite ingenious without needing add-on fists and feet, etc. I'll be amazed if Motormaster's cab actually splits 4 ways to form both feet and both thighs--but it'd be awesome.

Didn't notice the feet were the front of the cab until you pointed it out (and I've seen that pic a lot). Really cool if they make it like that.

Kinda of let down, specially considering how much attention to detail the MMC people have. I was expecting something that would add playability to Feral Rex itself.

I don't mind, personally. It's an optional character to change up the transformation if you want it to... I'm going to guess that such an obvious money grab will come with an extra little goodie to make it more tempting.

Wow, Quake Wave went from "little interest" to "must buy". Yeesh, running out of money. I'm seriously considering ditching my pre-order for the Explorer/Munitioner re-release---even though it's relatively cheap compared to newer 3P combiners, it's definitely inferior by modern standards---and it still has Energon figs at its core. (and still probably won't match the Energon release that well, color-wise). I could use the money to buy Quake Wave.

Hmmm, individually I really like so far where the not stunticons are going. What gripes me is that there's no image yet for Motormaster who will be the obvious selling point for many who are still on the fence.

Personally, I'd like to see these done in two packs, one leg, one arm and of course Motor master being last. He better be a pretty good size, at least Optimus Voyager class level.

Oh holy crap! I just saw the price for Planet X Genesis :o he's a big pass! 350 bucks no way no how.

Edited by Hikuro

Wow, Quake Wave went from "little interest" to "must buy". Yeesh, running out of money. I'm seriously considering ditching my pre-order for the Explorer/Munitioner re-release---even though it's relatively cheap compared to newer 3P combiners, it's definitely inferior by modern standards---and it still has Energon figs at its core. (and still probably won't match the Energon release that well, color-wise). I could use the money to buy Quake Wave.

I'm seriously considering putting in a pre-order for the second run figures, but I don't know where I'm going to get that money.

I would--it's the only one where pre-ordering now will actually save you money. If you complete the team, you can still get 4 of the 5 discounts, having only missed Talon/Divebomb's. Also, Bovis includes both a foot and a fist, so should be a very good one to get an impression of how the finished gestalt will look like.

Or as always---there's no issues with cancelling pre-orders at BBTS. Pre-order everything you think you might want, just to reserve a spot in case---then if you don't want it, or can't afford it, cancel it when the time comes.

I like their cycle-bots, but they are excessive parts-formers. More so than just about anything I can think of short of Super Fire Convoy's armor. (also, for a Blackarachnia homage---simply not feminine enough IMHO)

Yeah, the proportions are too masculine. While the face design is very nice, I'm not a fan of the pink cap thing.

Awesome bike mode, though.

Damn that blurred pic; looks like her spidr legs actually come off to form a mechanical spider drone or something. Sweet.

Is it wrong that I am actually liking the current and near future 3rd party TF's more than whats available for Macross <ducks hail of broken bottles and bruised fruit> ?

Still cant afford either but really liking what I see.

Is it wrong that I am actually liking the current and near future 3rd party TF's more than whats available for Macross <ducks hail of broken bottles and bruised fruit> ?

Still cant afford either but really liking what I see.

Nope. As much as I love Macross, and as much as the mecha play a part in that love, I've actually never liked any of the Macross toys out there.

X21_1359571122_zpsd7025eda.jpg

While Weirdwolf is in the "first/main headmaster as a kid" category for me, I still just cannot accept the weird "paws with a thumb coming from underneath the forearm" hands. And as mentioned, the engineering is the main draw of these figures--but Quad-U seems a bit simpler than the others---certainly less than Code, and I think Robin too. I think I'll pass and hope/wait for the Horrorcon/Triplechangers--I would *love* a new Snapdragon or Apeface.

http://bbs.78dm.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232740&extra=page%3D1

I like it a lot, but $60 is a bit much for something so small. At least the colossus guys each came with their own body weight in add on parts to use in the combined mode.

I'll be waiting to see what BBTS and TF sourse are charging before I order anywhere.

I don't think $60 is that bad for a third party toy of that size but I guess it's all how you look at it. The engineering and quality FP always brings to the table makes it worth it to me. I'm just wondering if I should hold off on buying them separate for a possible 5 pack box like the old days.

I'm guessing/hoping that they're actually amortizing Motormaster's cost across the other four and can thus have a sub-$100 leader.

And as I keep mentioning--if the feet are made from Motormaster's grill and bumper, how do you expect them to come with the legs? (Exactly how it works is speculation but that is how Figueroa drew it)

menacing_zpsb1b923fc.jpg

Quote Transbot90210:
I saw a white car, a black car, a yellow car, a red car and a huge frakking big rig.

What is said is true, MotorMaster's production cost was higher than expected so instead of killing us with his price they are making the limbs carry some of it so he can sell for what I hope is $100 or less. I do not know his price AT ALL only that the limbs are carrying some of it to keep his price down.

I do know he is much bigger than all four of the limbs put together.

While Drag Strip is quite far off from G1, it's still pretty clearly him (silver engine for abs), and has a quite involved transformation with a close look---more complex than the other 4 put together I think. Colors are off, though----where's the dark magenta? He did NOT have "Decepticon purple" accents.

But Deadend---clearly the worst of the bunch. Simplest transformation with big chunks hanging off everywhere---I really would expect a hinge to flip or fold the doors down from one of the higher-end 3P companies, so they're not sticking straight up past the shoulders like most minicon cars do. And hood for a chest? That's iconically NOT how Stunticons are. Autobots have hood-chests, Stunticons do not. Plus his cube-feet. They couldn't have made ANY of the cuts for that section at an angle, to make some sort of foot-esque trapezoid? It looks like he's got cement shoes.

Still, the 2nd two limbs seem much less G1 than the first two---they are homages to neither the toy nor animation, asides from general color and Drag Strip's alt-mode. Reminds me of Uranos---Silverbolt is completely off from the original, when the first 2 bots we saw were very G1.

I really hope they release Dead End last, and can make a few tweaks by then. (but I suspect what we see is what we'll get--I know they can't re-do the chest transformation, but just a bit of changes could make a big difference to his shoulder-kibble and feet)