All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

FFIIV remake confirmed :wub:

play it first on ps4 (timed exclusive)

Shenmue III via kickstarter :wub::wub:

Yu Suzuki on stage!!!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

This would have been more awesome had the news of this not leaked in the last few days. Still pretty awesome, though.

yea! best news so far FF7:)

i'm pledging some money for shenmue III kickstarter. (kinda weird announcement at Sony e3)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

FFVII remake trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=62&v=Kznek1uNVsg

Advent Children made that much of an impact that they had to remake it in that style.

I'm still playing Destiny, I think I'm good for a while.

Your wallet awaits. Destiny - The Taken King expansion pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=19&v=VFh5ArG46_M

And I guess this is why Xbox was fairly quiet today. CoD moved to Sony.

Good god that looked like Titanfall. Exactly like Titanfall. And secondly, people still play CoD?

Good god that looked like Titanfall. Exactly like Titanfall. And secondly, people still play CoD?

It's basically going to be Titanfall with destiny supers. Admittedly I liked Titanfall and still love Destiny, so I might give it a try.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I haven't read the kickstarter, is sony gonna buy the rights from sega if the kickstarter goes through. That whole thing was just strange to me but hey if that means we are getting Shenmue 3 then fine with me.

yeah same as bloodstain, where Igarashi said 90% of the game was already funded and the kickstarter was like 10% really to show investors that there's interest.

no way 2 mil (goal of shenmue III kickstarter) is enough to fund the game. most likely Sony has a hand in funding the game if it passes the kickstarter goal.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's basically going to be Titanfall with destiny supers. Admittedly I liked Titanfall and still love Destiny, so I might give it a try.

There REALLY isn't that much wall-running. That gameplay was misleading.

Incoming from the Xbox keynote:

Xbox One to Gain Xbox 360 compatibility - From the sound of it, you pop in the disc, download a patch and play.

Meh, it's just like the 360-XBox compatibility was. It's limited, they're going to add games that don't work right to the list because they don't test/want to pad the list, and it'll stop as soon as everyone stops shouting about back-compatibility because they realized they CAN sell you the same game again so get in the store and pay to download that game you already own a disk for.

Sorry MS, but we've been down this road before.

yeah same as bloodstain, where Igarashi said 90% of the game was already funded and the kickstarter was like 10% really to show investors that there's interest.

no way 2 mil (goal of shenmue III kickstarter) is enough to fund the game. most likely Sony has a hand in funding the game if it passes the kickstarter goal.

Which is funny since Iga made several times more than his standard game development funds on Kickstarter.

But yeah, Kickstarter's being used as a preorder system. No two ways about it.

Edited by JB0

Lol at the Shenmue 3 reaction. I can only imagine what the reaction will be if Half-Life 3 is ever finally confirmed.

Probably similar to when they announced Duke Nukem Forever was getting released.

Which is to say that at this point it's mostly disappointment that we can't make jokes about the delays anymore. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm still disappointed they didn't bríng the orange Gamecube over for the Metroid Prime bundles.

3 for 3, Sony e3 made my night!

threw in money for shenmue III when it first opened,

now to wait for nintendo e3 to announce metroid and go berserk again :)

But yeah, Kickstarter's being used as a preorder system. No two ways about it.

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with this. People who donated just pre-ordered the game. Which I said was probably not a good idea.

Probably similar to when they announced Duke Nukem Forever was getting released.

Which is to say that at this point it's mostly disappointment that we can't make jokes about the delays anymore. :p

Half-Life 3 is still coming!!!!! Just you wait and see!!! :ph34r:

Shemue III, yes. FFVII, no. I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I thought FFVII was just ok back in the day, and I really have no interest in replaying it just because it's pretty now. Uncharted 4 has my interest, but mostly because I've been a fan of the series. As for the Last Guardian, it's been so long I forgot why I'm supposed to care about it.

Xbox One backwards compatibility sounds good, because I still have a lot of 360 games. Bonus if you can stream them to Windows 10 PCs like you'll be able to do with Xbox One games. I think Microsoft had a lot of interesting announcements, but for a lot of it (like Hololens) I guess I'm still sort of in wait-and-see mode.

As for the third party stuff today, I'm waiting for more details on Rock Band 4, I'm looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda but it's far enough off that I'm not excited yet, I may or may not get excited for Battlefront and Assassin's Creed after I play a demo, and HOLY CRAP A G1 TRANSFORMERS GAME!

hmmmmmmmm......seeing how FFVII was the first RPG I ever played and I don't have the original discs anymore, I'll probably end up getting it for my PS4. I remember seeing some video a year or two ago when Square and Sony announced it as a teaser for FFVII but it was the original graphics and people at first clapped then there was silence.

So, cool, I'm glad!

hmmmmmmmm......seeing how FFVII was the first RPG I ever played and I don't have the original discs anymore, I'll probably end up getting it for my PS4. I remember seeing some video a year or two ago when Square and Sony announced it as a teaser for FFVII but it was the original graphics and people at first clapped then there was silence.

So, cool, I'm glad!

Same here! FF7 was the first RPG I played as well, and don't even know where I put the PS1 disks after all these years.

So, yeah, definitely hyped for the remake.

Horizon does look awesome. Robo-dinos! Someone said Zoids, which I'll agree with.

As for FFVII's "look"---Midgar always looked the most high-tech/industrial/"real" of the areas and that's the only place we saw in the trailer. If the new game's to be all of FFVII---then there's plenty of places that can look much more fantasy/traditional.

In short---Midgar will look just as it did in Advent Children. But many places weren't seen at all in AC, or only had the briefest of glimpses/flashbacks, and can be more bright/colorful/exaggerated. And most of the spin-off games are Midgar-centered, too, so again---plenty of "unseen since 1997" areas to be had.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Cosmo Canyon, and Wutai are going to be like. FF7 wasn't my first introduction to Final Fantasy although it did get me hooked back into the series after briefly playing 6. Not one of those fans that thinks VII is the end all be all of the series.

I keep hoping to see Syphon Filter make a return as I thought the games (1 and 2) were pretty good but sort of fell into the shadow of MGS.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Shenmue III Kicker starter met it's goal of 2 million in less than 12 hours. Awesome! we're getting a green light for the game.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with this. People who donated just pre-ordered the game. Which I said was probably not a good idea.

https://twitter.com/DylanJobe/status/610652101916557314?s=09

so far Shenmue has been a risk bc of it's past history (going over budget and not being profitable, dreamcast getting killed off right when 2 came out. etc.) from the investors point of view, it's critical to gauge interest. (if i'm(company) going to pour buckets of money, i'd want to see if there's interest before throwing in the money) so for them it's a good idea.

Edited by davidwhangchoi