All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

You can buy the Trilogy on the WII U Eshop (in NA at least) for $20 when it first came out a few months back it was $10 pretty sick deal.

Oh, they put it back in "print"?

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Try D: Reballing.

remove the motherboard and heat the fault solders with a heat-gun or something similar and with some luck you can repair it.

Oh, that's the plan. It's not a viable long-term solution, though, because I don't have the gear for a proper reflow. That procedure is just a stopgap measure.

(The nitpicker in me insists on noting that isn't reballing either, which would require more equipment, the removal of the chips in question, and fresh solder applications.)

good luck.

Thanks.

post-122-0-13348500-1434678909_thumb.jpgpost-122-0-46384700-1434678916_thumb.jpg

Almost done! I've always wanted to build one of these things, and I couldn't find anything that wasn't crazy expensive out there, so I bashed one up myself. It's super comfortable to sit in, and the seat is fully adjustable (it is from a car, complete with the slide rails).

All that's left to do is mount the TV, secure the joysticks, attach the speakers and drill the few holes I need to run the wires.

Cockpit Side-1.jpg Cockpit Side-2.jpg

Almost done! I've always wanted to build one of these things, and I couldn't find anything that wasn't crazy expensive out there, so I bashed one up myself. It's super comfortable to sit in, and the seat is fully adjustable (it is from a car, complete with the slide rails).

All that's left to do is mount the TV, secure the joysticks, attach the speakers and drill the few holes I need to run the wires.

"Greetings Starftighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to protect the frontier against Xur and the Kodan armada...."

Guest davidwhangchoi

attachicon.gifCockpit Side-1.jpgattachicon.gifCockpit Side-2.jpg

that is awesome

Cockpit Side-1.jpg Cockpit Side-2.jpg

Oh man, that's awesome

There's going to be a 50 inch TV mounted to that thing very, very soon. It's also designed to be taken apart very easily by one person, so that if I need to move it (or if I move), it can be taken apart and somewhat flat packed out.

There's going to be a 50 inch TV mounted to that thing very, very soon. It's also designed to be taken apart very easily by one person, so that if I need to move it (or if I move), it can be taken apart and somewhat flat packed out.

Kinda close for a 50 inch, isn't it? Isn't 6 or 7 feet optimum viewing distance for a TV that size?

I was testing that in the store before I purchased it. Got me some strange looks when I pulled out the measuring tape to about 150 CM (the length of the design), and stared. I wanted immersion to be one of the points I wanted to hit. Besides, it's only about 3-4 feet closer than my usual distance from my other TV (which is also a 50 inch).

If I want to, in the future, I can swap out the 50 inch 1080P TV for something similar in a 4K panel, when they aren't expensive anymore.

Or, you know, just use a VR headset with the cockpit, and you don't even need a screen. ^_^[/quote)

Or get a screen for the left & right, and have a wrap-around cockpit.

Also missing is a 7.1 sound system.

Or, you know, just use a VR headset with the cockpit, and you don't even need a screen. ^_^[/quote)

Or get a screen for the left & right, and have a wrap-around cockpit.

Also missing is a 7.1 sound system.

I do have a 5.1 that's going into it, but the design doesn't easily allow for a left and right screen, as it will make getting in and out of it difficult. It would be awesome to turn my head and see what's to the side, but that might be in the future with a newer design.

If you do look at it, it's a very simple design. 2x2 throughout, with 2x4 for the TV mount (2x2 wasn't rigid enough), and very little in the way of decorative flourishes. I don't have very much in the way of wood working skills, so this project was quite a bit of a learning experience. There were many designs drawn onto paper, and one model kit (the ESCI 1:12 F-104G cockpit kit) studied before I went out and bought the components. Even after the components were bought, the design was modified again, to fit the components before a piece of wood was sawed. I had to abandon some customization features, in the interests of simplicity. For example, I wanted the joysticks to slide back and forth, but I didn't want to invest in the tool to cut long slots into the arm rests.

Final dimensions are : Floor 150 CM x 75 CM, Pillar 150 CM x 75 CM, sides 150 CM x 47 CM.

Also, working in metric and everything to do with building in imperial makes for some tricky calculations...

Also, also, when I do do this again, I'm not sure if I'm going to use wood. Might have to try metal.

I do have a 5.1 that's going into it, but the design doesn't easily allow for a left and right screen, as it will make getting in and out of it difficult. It would be awesome to turn my head and see what's to the side, but that might be in the future with a newer design.

If you do look at it, it's a very simple design. 2x2 throughout, with 2x4 for the TV mount (2x2 wasn't rigid enough), and very little in the way of decorative flourishes. I don't have very much in the way of wood working skills, so this project was quite a bit of a learning experience. There were many designs drawn onto paper, and one model kit (the ESCI 1:12 F-104G cockpit kit) studied before I went out and bought the components. Even after the components were bought, the design was modified again, to fit the components before a piece of wood was sawed. I had to abandon some customization features, in the interests of simplicity. For example, I wanted the joysticks to slide back and forth, but I didn't want to invest in the tool to cut long slots into the arm rests.

Final dimensions are : Floor 150 CM x 75 CM, Pillar 150 CM x 75 CM, sides 150 CM x 47 CM.

Also, working in metric and everything to do with building in imperial makes for some tricky calculations...

Also, also, when I do do this again, I'm not sure if I'm going to use wood. Might have to try metal.

Then there's only one more feature you can add (NSFW)

I'm sure you guys are digging new stuff, but I just dove into my old storage shed for the first time in about 20 years, and found these gems.
These are original owner, mine from release week.. my parents went through hell to get them. I'm glad they were kept in decent shape.. only sad part is the missing NES controller..

HJzZacY.png

T9vvcIp.png

Found a stash of games, but i haven't broke them out yet.

I'm sure you guys are digging new stuff, but I just dove into my old storage shed for the first time in about 20 years, and found these gems.

These are original owner, mine from release week.. my parents went through hell to get them. I'm glad they were kept in decent shape.. only sad part is the missing NES controller..

Found a stash of games, but i haven't broke them out yet.

Sweet! I really wish that I still had my original systems, but I can't really justify replacing them.

Old systems sound like fun until you go to play them on an HDTV, and then you realize it just doesn't work very well at all. Unless you're buying specialized hardware, emulation is the optimum choice these days.

Still, nice stash. :)

Old systems sound like fun until you go to play them on an HDTV, and then you realize it just doesn't work very well at all. Unless you're buying specialized hardware, emulation is the optimum choice these days.

Basically, yeah. One of these days I'm going to get an old broken NES, though, just to gut it and build a dedicated emulation PC out of it.

Nintendo is loosing it, instead of their Muppet Show they should have introduced 90s Arcade Racer, like what Sony did with Shenmue III.

I would buy a WiiU for this, more than any other game. (well, except MAYBE the new Zelda)

So in the flight sims VF-19 does the targetting recticle disapear if you look left or right? I hear because its trapped in a xenon mist it only appears when you look straight ahead.

In the ones that properly simulate a reflector gunsight, the reticule does partially or totally vanishes as your head is bashed about the cockpit.

I wouldn't mind owning a real WW2 vintage reflector gunsight. Those things are cool.

So in the flight sims VF-19 does the targetting recticle disapear if you look left or right? I hear because its trapped in a xenon mist it only appears when you look straight ahead.

I see what you did there.

Now back to sleep or I'm telling mom about your Playboys!

I just read this news bit about World of Warcraft losing 3 million subscribers, and the main gist of it is that players were unhappy with the lack of endgame content. But then I read in the very same article that Blizzard now enables players to create a level 90 character in a game world where the level cap is 100. It's stuff like this that blows my mind. Players skip 90 levels of content to reach endgame faster, and then complain about the lack of content. I mean, why even play the game if that's what you're going to do?

Edited by Duke Togo