All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I managed to find my 'Jag yesterday. I'd love to get the AvP game going again. Or those polygonical shooting games; one of them was called I-war, the other, a flying game, I can't remember.

"Where did YOU learn to fly?"

Meanwhile, I'm stil not sure about what to do about my '360 dilemma. If I buy the E or slim 360, do I need to buy the one with the 250G HD, or can I get by with the 4G one in order to port all of my data from the original 360?

Meanwhile, I'm stil not sure about what to do about my '360 dilemma. If I buy the E or slim 360, do I need to buy the one with the 250G HD, or can I get by with the 4G one in order to port all of my data from the original 360?

Definitely the 250. The original 360s were too small at 20GB, and 4 is less than a quarter of that.

The good thing, though, is that the slims (either) are more reliable, and safer to buy a used one. I see Gamestop's go used 250GB S and Es for around $159. In fact, if you haven't played any of the games, there's two bundles for $159.99 on Gamestop's website. Both include a used 250GB S, GTA 4, Skyrim, Call of Duty: World at War, and Halo Anniversary. Then the difference between them is that one packs in Fallout 3, the other packs in Need For Speed: The Run.

Definitely the 250. The original 360s were too small at 20GB, and 4 is less than a quarter of that.The good thing, though, is that the slims (either) are more reliable, and safer to buy a used one. I see Gamestop's go used 250GB S and Es for around $159. In fact, if you haven't played any of the games, there's two bundles for $159.99 on Gamestop's website. Both include a used 250GB S, GTA 4, Skyrim, Call of Duty: World at War, and Halo Anniversary. Then the difference between them is that one packs in Fallout 3, the other packs in Need For Speed: The Run.

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. Then all I would need is the transfer cable for the HD's, right?

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. Then all I would need is the transfer cable for the HD's, right?

Yep. The new/used 360 should come with a power cable (the brick is different on the slims), and I can't remember if the slims have the memory card slots that the original did. But any other accessories you have should still work fine.

Not sure if anyone else plays Gundam EX VS Full Boost, but there was just a big update today with just about all of the mobile suits from Maxi-Boost (dlc of course).

Edited by Keith

Yep. The new/used 360 should come with a power cable (the brick is different on the slims), and I can't remember if the slims have the memory card slots that the original did. But any other accessories you have should still work fine.

Got the new/old S model '360 today. I was told to stay away from the E? With the transfer cable I was able to clone my old 360's information. I hope this thing lasts. Thanks for the heads up, Mike...

Edited by myk

Have you ever wished you could play soccer with your car? Well, your wish is (sorta) granted. Rocket League is out and it's amazing! I can't stop playing this game, even though it's nothing but soccer in rocket-powered cars. The trick shots and epic saves make this game such a rush when you pull them off with expert timing. Grab a gamepad and make sure you sit in a sturdy chair, as you will be leaning and lurching your body to help land that awesome bicycle kick goal in overtime for the win!

I figure this would be a good thread for a video game thing. My friend is making a 3D-printed toy of the robot from Metal Storm! It's a neat little guy.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/metal_gunner

That's awesome!

I have a soft spot for the M-308 Gunner. Especially the big clamp that attaches the gun to the forearm.

Game itself is wildly overlooked, too. Hurts to be an NES game hitting the same year as the Super Nintendo. Not even looking better than early Super Nintendo games can save you.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that's awesome. i wish someone made a blaster master car that turns into hover mode.

i remember seeing a model in nintendo power and wanted it so bad. metal storm! very cool

Edited by davidwhangchoi

that's awesome. i wish someone made a blaster master car that turns into hover mode.

i remember seeing a model in nintendo power and wanted it so bad. metal storm! very cool

That clay model was pretty sweet, yeah. And I too would like a Sophia 3rd/Metal Attacker. Even if it didn't do hover mode.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If it happens and if Capcom manages to not QBert it up beyond all recognition.

though it's like 9 years too late, i'm just excited something's happening..

Use to play on 360. Just downloaded it on one. I suck at it but at least my tanks are ok. Do a lot of cussing. Trying to work my way up to the tiger. That game can make you spend a lot of money.

Be warned the xbone version is really buggy right now. The 360 version doesn't have any issues and everything carries over between the two versions so you might want to stick with that for a while until the one gets sorted out.

So it's Air Superiority with an actual objective. For those of you who never played Battlefield, Air Superiority was a game mode that started in Battlefield 1943 that focused on, if you haven't guessed it, aerial combat. Great mode.

It disappeared then came back in Battlefield 3 as part of a DLC. People played when it first came out and only because it was a requirement for an unlock. That's where things went downhill. You ended up with a lone good pilot on 1 team that came out of the round with a 60-1 kill-death score who would ruin it for all the other non-pilots in the match. After that, then you had to deal with constant lock-ons. Because of the cool-down time for jet counter-measures, you would end up chaffing/flaring 1 missile only to be locked on to 5 seconds later. The only other way to defeat missile lock-ons was the hit the deck (fly to the ground). That was fun [/sarcasm]. Then came all the jet rams. All. Those. Jet. Rams. If it you were not rammed into or knocked to the ground by a jet ram at least 3 times a round, consider yourself lucky. The game mode ended up dying after a few months, or as long as it took to get the unlocks.

It came back in Battlefield 4 and didn't change much, only this time, you could play with attack helicopters as well as planes (thankfully it was planes only or helicopters only, no mixing). Still all the same problems. Still the same reasons to play it. Most people only played it to get an unlock or unlock better toys for your jet or to practice. Lone Ace on 1 team basically decided the game. Missile lock-ons still happened. Jet rams still happened. And the bugs stayed in there. That game mode only lasted 2 months and sporadically afterwards as it was needed to unlock stuff.

So to see it appearing again for Battlefront, despite what changes they've made or what they call it, still doesn't change my outlook on that game mode.