All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Finally found some time to play MGS V TPP. In a way, I wish I hadn't, because that led me to start digging up the stories for Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes (neither of which I played) to help TPP's plot make more sense.

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler, since it's all from Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, but just in case:

I was blissfully unaware of 2 characters named Paz and Chico, who were referenced in TPP through photos, cassettes and posters. Suffice to say, reading her story and watching/listening to Chico's and her cassettes and clips on youtube left me feeling kind of depressed and absolutely pissed at Skull Face.

RIP, Paz. :unsure:

That aside, the gameplay was excellent, and for me at least, the whole CQC/subduing/holdup thing actually works well enough for me to try using it. I've been playing MGS games since Sons of Liberty, but hated the CQC game mechanics due to how easily alerted the enemy AI was. I dunno, maybe I just sucked at CQC until now. Either way, this time I actually enjoyed using CQC and interrogating enemy soldiers. The Fulton system made hiding enemies a cinch--plus, you also get to build up your army. The best thing is that getting alerts or killing (within reason) doesn't necessarily ruin your rank.

Edited by GU-11

I haven't even unlocked the ability to build medical platforms yet, but I'll give it a try once it's built. With open-world games, I have a habit of dicking around doing side missions and whatnot, so I haven't progressed enough to unlock much. DD's still a pup, and I've only completed the Honey Bee mission. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably have completed all side missions before I'm even halfway through the main missions.

I like how disabling comms and electrical equipment, and Fulton extracting artillery permanently robs a facility of it's equipment.

Good, sell the licenses to Metal Gear, Snatcher, & Policenauts to Kojima, Castlevania to someone else, and let the company crumble into mobile obscurity.

Ooh, even better, Kojima and Igarashi team up to create a company called Ultra, and they can buy the name and logo with the licenses for the games.

Ooh, even better, Kojima and Igarashi team up to create a company called Ultra, and they can buy the name and logo with the licenses for the games.

I see what you did there, and 100% agree.

Adding ZOE, RR. & Base Wars!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh yeah! Ultra, teenage mutant ninja turtles and metal gear nes version. Ultra games rule:)

I still remember that metal gear ad, "Gear Up, Metal Gear" showing all the equipment used in the game.

Ultra or Palcom in Europe. Once Kojima new project announce in Kickstarter, image the support. Its really a shame, it was Konami who made me love and get hooked into video games, since MSX and NES.

I kinda feel your pain. Replace "Komami" with "Capcom" and "MSX" with "Mega Man" and that's my story.

Guest davidwhangchoi

At least capcom is starting to listen even if it's 10 years late. I'm excited for resident evil 2 remake. Though it's a sham what they did to the megaman franchise

Speaking of konami, I got shipping address request for bloodstained, so I'm excited for that.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

At least capcom is starting to listen even if it's 10 years late. I'm excited for resident evil 2 remake.

Speaking of konami, I got shipping address request for bloodstained, so I'm excited for that.

Bah, that's all they have is Street Fighter, remakes, and rehashes.

Keiji Inafune (Mega Man) gone. Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil) gone. Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry) gone. Atsushi Inaba (Okami, Viewtiful Joe) gone. The last new Mega Man game was five years ago (unless you count mobile crapware like Rockman Xover), the most recent compilation has less games and extras than a PS2 game from 11 years ago, and good stuff people actually wanted like Legends 3 was canned. The only reason Capcom isn't as dead to me as Konami is that Capcom is at least pretending they still care about consoles (and PC) while shoveling out mobile crapware.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Bah, that's all they have is Street Fighter, remakes, and rehashes.

Keiji Inafune (Mega Man) gone. Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil) gone. Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry) gone. Atsushi Inaba (Okami, Viewtiful Joe) gone. The last new Mega Man game was five years ago (unless you count mobile crapware like Rockman Xover), the most recent compilation has less games and extras than a PS2 game from 11 years ago, and good stuff people actually wanted like Legends 3 was canned. The only reason Capcom isn't as dead to me as Konami is that Capcom is at least pretending they still care about consoles (and PC) while shoveling out mobile crapware.

Yeah I hear ya, I actually added to my post about megaman, but my phone got buggy so it erased and I had to edit my post to add it, capcom is the originator of discontinuing beloved franchises for no reason konami took a page from them and took it to the next level

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just a side note, I've been playing ffx hd remake (international verison). I beat omega Dungeon ultimate weapon boss and I'm taking on the dark aeons and finally beat one last night. Ap farming in the monster hunter arena right now so I can get stronger.

I havent got to mgsv yet.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I just unlocked the ability to build medical bays n MGSV, and did just that. Walked into the sick bay and....

Jeez, Kojima. WTF? I almost fell for it until I remembered that a few of Paz's organs had to be removed to make space for the bombs in Ground Zeroes, and she couldn't possibly have survived past the 24 hours it took for the bombs to go off, let alone 9 whole years. And, it turns out to be a hallucination. Way to give the player some momentary solace, only to rip it away again.

I knew the man liked to mind-f^&k MGS players, but this is really taking it to the nth level. While I'm aware that he had this whole idea of making the player feel an emotional equivalent of phantom pain, wasn't Ground Zeroes enough?

That aside, I'm getting utterly addicted to the gameplay and side missions.

Edited by GU-11

I've been playing since launch, and I'm just barely close to the final mission(s). Running through the maps with Quiet and doing sideops have become a compulsion.

Besides, already unmocked the happy ending, Venom & Quiet plying in the rain. I'm tempted to just stop there and pretend that's the true ending. :)

Edited by Keith

I've been playing since launch, and I'm just barely close to the final mission(s). Running through the maps with Quiet and doing sideops have become a compulsion.

Besides, already unmocked the happy ending, Venom & Quiet plying in the rain. I'm tempted to just stop there and pretend that's the true ending. :)

Believe it or not, I still haven't progressed enough story-wise to see DD mature into D-Dog, but I've basically destroyed all of the Soviet bases' (except the power plant) antennas , radars and power generators while doing side missions! :lol:

Speaking of Quiet, I got a tape where Kaz warned me about her stalking around the power plant area, in the beginning of a side mission to steal a blueprint. I called for a helicopter pickup to return to Mother Base, as I wanted to be sure I knew exactly what to do to capture her alive. Any tips for that?

When the time comes, don't pull the trigger :lol: . It's a fun fight, kinda reminiscent of The End from MGS3. As for Paz....

Make sure you listen to the final tape she gives you when you finish her sidestory, that gives a bit of closure to the whole thing

Edited by dizman