All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Sony has nothing in development for vita, going forward it's focusing on just the ps4... it's leaving the vita to 3rd party developers... i guess it's over :(

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/24/9608434/playstation-vita-new-games-sony

Give the damn thing the ability to log into multiple accounts so can easily play my U.S. & Japanese PSN games Sony!

i'm in the market for a 75-80". have any of you tried gaming on a curved screen? i'm curious if it actually has any immersion benefit.

My wife thought I was pushing it with a 65in plasma two years ago :) I don't know about the latest TVs but do your research as I'm reading that even some high end TV models suck for gaming.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That would require pirates and ships, which it doesn't have.

really? i've never seen a pirate in black flag, you sure we're talking about the same game?

i'm in the market for a 75-80". have any of you tried gaming on a curved screen? i'm curious if it actually has any immersion benefit.

I can attest to the immersion of playing about 3 feet away from a 50 inch. If I had the budget, I would have gone with a larger higher resolution screen for my cockpit. Playing Elite on a big screen is tons of fun!

really? i've never seen a pirate in black flag, you sure we're talking about the same game?

AC4BF_PS3_UK_2D.jpg

I'm 5000% sure you're remembering wrong, or you're being insanely sarcastic or something. It's called Black Flag, as in pirates, you were Edward Kenway, pirate turned assassin, it had ship battles with pirates, and muskets and flintlocks, with pirates. I think you may be remembering Unity, which was set in Paris, and was very meh for a lot of people, myself included, plus it had an infamously disastrous launch. I got Syndicate, I like Syndicate quite a bit, got roughly two hours into Unity and quit, never came back, Syndicate is much better then Unity, I would recommend Syndicate.

i donno maybe... i'm still not convinced.

What exactly is it you're not convinced about? Rogue was like Black Flag, it was essentially a frozen Northern version of Black Flag, but yea, once again, I think you're just remembering you ACs wrong. If anything Syndicate is a bit more like Unity, but not completely terrible.

Guest davidwhangchoi

just having a little fun :) don't take it seriously.

i haven't touch unity yet bc its such a mess. not sure how different it is from black flag. i actually read syndicate is as good as black flag... not sure... ever since I to II, i haven't been really impressed with the series evolution.

just having a little fun :) don't take it seriously.

i haven't touch unity yet bc its such a mess. not sure how different it is from black flag. i actually read syndicate is as good as black flag... not sure... ever since I to II, i haven't been really impressed with the series evolution.

:). I figured as much.

Syndicate is a good bit of fun in my opinion, I agree with you, a lot of people were turned off the franchise by Unity, I sure was, after going from Rogue to that I just couldn't fathom how it was the same franchise. Syndicate is pretty great though like I said, if you haven't touched an AC in a while I'd recommend it, the stealth is useful and fairly well handled, the combat is fast and brutal, more like Black Flag then Unity, London is huge, and there's tons to do, naturally. The main thing I'm liking is having two protagonists, it reminds me of GTA V, you can swap between the two pretty much whenever you want, Evie is the more stealthy of the two and gets beefier exclusive stealth upgrades, meanwhile Jacob is a brawler that gets the more intense combat upgrades, either way, both characters are a refreshing change of pace from the more boring assassins like Connor and Arno, plus both get some crazy exclusive moves and kill animations.

anyone getting assassins creed: syndicate? it looks like the same game as black flag.

Supposedly I am. I bought a Razer Blade directly from Razer, and the promo they were running was a game code for either Rainbow Six Siege or Assassin's Creed Syndicate. On my order, though, it's listed as a code for MGSV, but I've yet to receive any sort of game code despite the note that says they'll email it a week after the laptop ships and despite the fact that the laptop has been in my possession for nearly two weeks now. Sigh.

Anyway... I'm sort of not surprised to hear that Syndicate is good. The first AC wasn't, AC II was, AC III wasn't, Black Flag was, Unity wasn't. Following that pattern, Syndicate was bound to be good. (Brotherhood and Revelations don't count, as they were just more AC II, and Rogue doesn't count because it's just more Black Flag).

Anybody going to get Steam Link when its released next month? I'm tempted to buy it so I play some action games on my larger 65in plasma TV instead of my smaller 23in LED monitor.

Slightly tempted, due to the low price, but I have Steam installed on a Mac mini hooked up to my living room TV. It's kind of superfluous to my needs.

That said, I've streamed a couple of games to that Mac, and Steam's in-home streaming works pretty well. As long as the Steam Link works as well, it'll be money well spent.