The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Agreed--I would sell my US MP-09 in an instant for a new Hotrod----especially if it was only Hotrod, and didn't have a bunch of extra joints/parts that just make the transformation harder for Winnebago mode.

The original G1 toy was two totally separate toys for the 2 characters---I'd actually like to see that again. Make each toy perfectly correct to each look, not a hybrid compromise in the middle of the two.

My main gripes (both QA and design): Hood/front bumper! Thing is spring-loaded AT AN ANGLE and not tabbed into place. So many gaps/frustrations caused by this. The slope makes it constantly slide up due to the spring. I sanded the heck out of mine just to look decent, but of course it won't "lock" into place at all, and will pop up if you look at it funny.

Spoiler---loose, always a bit lopsided. Attached to a brittle clear part for no apparent reason. (the JP version at least paints it, but again--why is it brittle clear plastic to start with? See next point)

Windows---way too many clear parts which leads to tons of paint chips around the hinges. Even the JP version has many clear parts painted totally opaque. Why not just mold them in orange and red plastic? There really should only be ONE piece that's clear, the windshield itself.

Headlights--both the US and JP versions are awful. Way too richly/darkly colored. Just do clear or something, like MP Sideswipe. Or a SUBTLE hint of color. Same complaint for windshield.

Maybe Alert will follow? You know, as much as I would like a new Hot Rod or a Galvatron, I'm still wishing we'd get an Ultra Magnus with trailer/armor. I'm also hoping we'll see that Grimlock reissue at some more vendors.

Just a minor heads-up.

I just checked my Lambor, and found that under certain lighting (dim or "warm" light), the hologram can look a little like the fake one. I brought the box out into the patio, and one then did I see the hologram.

Good thing I bought the very first batch (so it can't have been a KO), and checked that my Sideswipe has the original's "evil eyes."

In no way do I support knock-offs but I did just purchase the knock-off Lambor so I can do a post on my site comparing it to an authentic one so people know how to avoid the knock-offs. I'm sure lots of people are doing this but I figured I'd throw my hat in too. Now I just need to find a decently priced legitimate Lambor....

The knockoff Hologram doesn't really look like a hologram and the print is too sharp.

Also the head and eyes are all off. Looks pretty shoddy quality wise in comparison.

Glad Takara is putting out new stock to keep people from buying them.

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php%3Ftid-1532810-fpage-2-page-1.html

99_91825_96c24f831c0449c.jpg?193

Edited by Gakken85

Looks like TRU put up the acid storm and soundwave for sell on their Ebay page last night and this morning, but now the listings are gone..

Update:

Tru refunded 400 sold units and are telling people to wait for the 18th.

What an epic failure.

Edited by Gakken85

The knockoff Hologram doesn't really look like a hologram and the print is too sharp.

Also the head and eyes are all off. Looks pretty shoddy quality wise in comparison.

Glad Takara is putting out new stock to keep people from buying them.

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php%3Ftid-1532810-fpage-2-page-1.html

99_91825_96c24f831c0449c.jpg?193

Not sure how accurate this is...

I bought a first release Sideswipe off of Amiami back in October last year and my sticker is crisp like the top one. Also, the head has the shorter crest and the sharper angled eyes. The knock off should have a taller crest and squarish eyes. Unless they have the holograms backwards in this pic, I don't think that's a good indicator.

Edited by xrentonx

Well since the Metroplex from SDCC is essentially the same as Takara's and seeing those photos......I think I'm pretty off sticking with the regular Hasbro version. The Chrome on the face and all over those thighs really don't do it for me.

Well since the Metroplex from SDCC is essentially the same as Takara's and seeing those photos......I think I'm pretty off sticking with the regular Hasbro version. The Chrome on the face and all over those thighs really don't do it for me.

Me either. But what's with those little plastic figures? The ones that don't look like they transform or anything? I kind of want those...

Maybe you got a real toy in a KO box.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Was the plastic taped?

I can't really remember since I remove all traces of tape when I open these things. I'm pretty sure there was tape on the plastic trays though.

And according to his box, Metroplex is so big he has *millions* of Cybertronians living in/on him in his dormant state. Prime would need to be a speck of dust for that. No one wants dust or rice-sized figures, regardless of scale.

Except that according to Hasbro he's suppose to be in scale with the Legends/Cybervese figures....which is odd. Even in the comics he couldn't hold "millions" maybe a hundred, maybe less. MASS-SHIFTING!!

Still wondering why Hasbro's still not saying anything about US-versions of Sideswipe/Red-Alert/Prowl/BlueStreak/SmokeScreen.

For Prowl/BlueStreak/Smokescreen, Hasbro doesn't usually announce a US version of the MP until after the Japanese version's been released.

For Sideswipe/Red Alert, Takara's ability to make a toy with the Lamborghini license doesn't grant Hasbro the same ability, even if it's the same toy. Suffice to say that many of us expect that Hasbro will never release Sideswipe or Red Alert due to the Volkswagen Group's reluctance to permit the Lamborghini license to be used on a toy that turns into a robot with a missile launcher on his shoulder.

I believe it was said that Hasbro had no interest in the smaller of the mp line cause 1) license, 2) Price, 3) They don't feel they're popular enough characters or something.

I can't wait in 2 weeks I'll get my MP-12 with my Hexatron. I just hope the paint job on my sideswipe is clean as possible.