The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

How is that supposed to be G2 Sideswipe? G2 Sideswipe is the red and black swapped with lime green accents, not "let's just paint everything black."

BTW, I still want a masterpiece G2 Grimlock.

I Wiki'ed Tigertrack the other day and saw there was a fourth Lambor, "Deep Cover" which was Alert in a cop theme I believe. Obviously I know next to nothing about transformers, just throwing that out there. He had an odd back story, he suffers from PTSD or something.

Fanon/canon says Red Alert is not related. He just happens to look a lot like the Lambo brothers. :)

Thus repaints of Red Alert are also "not family". Same as the seekers----they may all look similar, but there's nothing beyond that.

BTW, reading further through the post, I'm way more interested by this than wrong colored G2 sideswipe.

More Masterpiece news for the Takara Tomy presentation at the Tokyo Tho Show! They've announced the "Masterpiece Fans Choice" for the Transformers 30th anniversary! Fans will vote from the following:

• Fort Max (G1)
  • God Ginrai/Powermaster Prime (G1)
  • Star Saber (Transformers: Victory)
  • Dai Atlas (Transformers: Zone)
  • Optimus Primal (Beast Wars)
  • Lio Convoy (Beast Wars II)
  • Big Convoy (Beast Wars Neo)
  • Fire Convoy (Car Robots)
  • Optimus Prime (Armada)
  • Optimus Prime (Energon)
  • Galaxy Convoy (Galaxy Force)

Image courtesy of @MORILEO0814:

1371265812_781418324.jpg

If they're seriously going to make an MP figure of any of those that'll be frakking crazy. Crazy awesome.

BTW, reading further through the post, I'm way more interested by this than wrong colored G2 sideswipe.

If they're seriously going to make an MP figure of any of those that'll be frakking crazy. Crazy awesome.

On that list, I'd be torn between Star Saber or Fire Convoy. It would suck to have a MP Fire Convoy with no Ultra Magnus to combine with though.

Fanon/canon says Red Alert is not related. He just happens to look a lot like the Lambo brothers. :)

Thus repaints of Red Alert are also "not family". Same as the seekers----they may all look similar, but there's nothing beyond that.

I see, thanks for filling me in. I suppose it makes sense, if I had to choose an autobot form a Lamborghini wouldn't be a bad place to start.

On that list, I'd be torn between Star Saber or Fire Convoy. It would suck to have a MP Fire Convoy with no Ultra Magnus to combine with though.

Personally, I'd be most excited to see Dai Atlas, Optimus Primal or Big convoy. all three of those would be insta-buy's on my part.

I ordered from Robotkingdom.

It shipped last week so I should have it within 36 hours and will know if the jack-hammers are included.

Thanks, I just snagged it from there, assuming they don't cancel my order. I was thinking about passing on it but I panicked when TFSource stopped taking preorders. It's a friggin' yellow Lamborghini Countach; I can't help myself.

It was hinted MP-20 would be a character whose car mode had a license that was difficult to obtain. My bet's on Bumblebee or Jazz, perhaps even Wheeljack. Really hoping it's Jazz...

I'd be happy with any of those.

Edited by danth

Power master/Ginrai is about the only one I'd buy.

I really do like RiD Fire Convoy, but his toy is already awesome, especially when combined with Magnus. An MP is kind of a waste.

Not to me, who never got Fire Convoy the first time.

But Ginrai works too. Hell, I might even consider buying Armada Prime in a Masterpiece.

It was hinted MP-20 would be a character whose car mode had a license that was difficult to obtain. My bet's on Bumblebee or Jazz, perhaps even Wheeljack. Really hoping it's Jazz...

I'd love an MP Jazz or Wheeljack, but I'm sick to death of Bumblebee.

God let it NOT be BB!!

The overpriced robot cars are nice but I would prefer a Megatron or at least Galvatron. Yeah, the little cars are great to milk and I really do like them, they are just expensive, specially considering how the recent Takara plastic/paint quality is lacking.

I'd love an MP Jazz or Wheeljack, but I'm sick to death of Bumblebee.

Seconded. Bumblebee needs a break by far.

I like wheeljack and Jazz, but Jazz was my first transformers toy ever. My dad bought it for himself all the way back in 1984, gave it to me as a kid and I've still got it in tact today. so sentimental value trumps all in this case.

BTW, I'm probably the only person who feels this way but I find powermaster prime/Ginrai/God Ginrai to be the single least interesting thing on that list. IMO Star Saber, Dai Atlas and Big Convoy are the most interesting in terms of existing designs to turn into a masterpiece. And I'll also throw in a vote for Optimus primal because I'm a child of the 90's and I grew up watching Beast Wars.

Seconded. Bumblebee needs a break by far.

I like wheeljack and Jazz, but Jazz was my first transformers toy ever. My dad bought it for himself all the way back in 1984, gave it to me as a kid and I've still got it in tact today. so sentimental value trumps all in this case.

BTW, I'm probably the only person who feels this way but I find powermaster prime/Ginrai/God Ginrai to be the single least interesting thing on that list. IMO Star Saber, Dai Atlas and Big Convoy are the most interesting in terms of existing designs to turn into a masterpiece. And I'll also throw in a vote for Optimus primal because I'm a child of the 90's and I grew up watching Beast Wars.

Sideswipe was my first Transformer, but sentimental attachment to that didn't prompt me to pay a ridiculous amount to import Lambor. I guess I'm more attached to Wheeljack and Jazz because I grew up watching the G1 cartoon. Then again, if licensing issues prevent them from being released in the States at a reasonable price, I'll probably pass on them, too.

Dai Atlas, Star Saber, and any other character from a Japanese-only release has zero meaning to me. I might pick one up in a Deluxe-class or Voyager class size, but there's no way I'm paying Masterpiece prices for them.

As for Optimus Primal, I was in high school/college when Beast Wars was on, and I rejected it out of hand then. I didn't watch it until just a few years ago, and while I'll gladly admit that it was actually a good show, I still fall in the "Trukk not munky" crowd when it comes to Transformer designs and toys.

My first TF was 1/6 of Devastator, Scrapper, I think. I never did complete Devastator, but Jetfire more than made up for that :).

I was thinking the dropped hint regarding MP-20 could also mean Mirage (which be just as good as Jazz in my book), but recalling the trouble Takara had with Binaltech and past interviews, it's most likely gonna be Bumblebee.

oh man.. how many times ive wished for a masterpiece jetfireskyfire

You mean "Skyfire".

Coz a "Masterpiece Jetfire" has already been made and soldout in both 1/48 and 1/60. Just not branded/licensed by TakaTomy/Hasbro. At least, not yet.

Here's the 1/60 version...

DSC_4982_NEF.jpg

:D

I heard somewhere that, starting with MP-10, TT is currently running through a list of 1984 TF characters/toys before even thinking of moving on to the later ones. If that's true, Skyfire will have to wait a while.

But if that were true, what about that recently announced poll?

Edited by GU-11

What's the difference between Jetfire/Skyfire names?

Jetfire is the G1 toy that Hasbro "borrowed" from Takatoku's(?) Macross line. But since Takara and Takatoku were rivals back then, the former objected to the appearance of a rival company's toy appearing in the TF cartoon, which was also aired in Japan. Hasbro was obliged to make some aesthetic changes to the cartoon character and renamed him Skyfire. Hasbro, however, still sold the toy in the US, but named it Jetfire.

Long story short, Jetfire = G1 toy, Skyfire = G1 cartoon character.

You can read more about it here. Hell, everything I posted here was taken from that page.

I don't know if this was posted yet or not, but I thought it was cool if actually out into production, although it still needs a ton of work on takara's part:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-details-on-takara-tomys-remote-control-transformers-line-concept/27570/

Thoughts? Looks awkward, but I think the fact that they are trying is cool

^ ^ Promising, but I'm tired of seeing another Bumblebee or Optimus from the movies.

In any case, self-transforming robots would be a bitch to design for the movieverse ones. Too many parts that simply disappear or magically contort into crazy shapes. Not even sure if the thing has enough memory to keep track of all those different parts.

skyfire / jetfire.. whatever.. as long its the character that i know thats resurrected from ice.. im good.

In that case, you're in luck. Takara Tomy's consistently prioritized screen-accuracy for the MP TF's over toy-accuracy.

Edited by GU-11