The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Does anyone know when Amazon charges your credit card for preorders? I'm seriously thinking about getting Year of the Snake Optimus and Omega Supreme, but after today's nasty snowstorm I'm also thinking about getting new tires. If Amazon doesn't bill me until they ship it, I should be golden.

Does anyone know when Amazon charges your credit card for preorders? I'm seriously thinking about getting Year of the Snake Optimus and Omega Supreme, but after today's nasty snowstorm I'm also thinking about getting new tires. If Amazon doesn't bill me until they ship it, I should be golden.

They don't charge your card until they're ready to ship it.

They had no listings for MP Sideswipe or Red Alert.

I wouldn't hold out hope that they ever do. Lamborghini's part of the Volkswagen Group, and they've been, "Transformers is too violent, we're not licensing our vehicles to you!" for awhile.

Thrust was one of my favorite fighter jet toys growing up, I'd love to have a masterpiece of him. I know there's a good third party option but if the third party would go there it seems Takara/Hasbro should too. Maybe they were waiting for the Igears to be off the market and it seems we've pretty much gotten there.

Plus their weapons really suck (one is a ball-point pen with a new tip), and the conversion is frankly ugly/inaccurate---too much re-use of existing parts. Using an F-15's tailfins as Dirge's canards just doesn't look right, especially since they left on the mass balancers. Really, you'll find the original tailfins all over the place---Ramjet's fins, Dirge's canards, and I think even as the end-plates on Thrust. When those iconic bits should be done correctly from scratch, not compromised to use existing F-15 parts just to save a few minutes. (grab an F-16 or F-18 model kit for much better-looking parts--or really, an A-10 could help Thrust)

Bit the bullet and ordered MP-12 Sideswipe from NP today. Pricey devil he is, at just under $100 shipped. It hurts all the more everytime I look at my Binaltech Jazz (Meister) in all his die-cast glory, with rubber tires and full interior, opening hood, and working steering, all for about $50.

Exorbitant pricing notwithstanding, these MP G1 characters are a 20+ year dream come true. Prowl was my first TF, and I'm trying to temper my excitement for his MP incarnation until pics are released. He is still my favorite TF, and I've hoped and prayed for a version of him that looked like he did on the box art since I bought his original toy in '84. Classics and Binaltech both let me down in this regard, so my anticipation and expectations for his Masterpiece rendering are off-scale high.

Hopefully, Takara can sweet talk Porche into releasing the license for Jazz. He'd be a glaring omission from the line. Licensing is a two-edged sword; great for us fans when a license is secured, downright disheartening when it's not.

Maybe I'm totally mis-remembering this but weren't the igear seekers directly ripped off somebodies kitbash of the original has-tak seeeker mold in addition to directly copying the toy mold?

And on the subject of a possible MP Jazz; Porsche and Lamborghini are both subsidiaries of Volkswagen group. Considering that they where able to get the Countach license, the chances are good they'll be able to get the 935 license as well.

Edited by anime52k8

Maybe I'm totally mis-remembering this but weren't the igear seekers directly ripped off somebodies kitbash of the original has-tak seeeker mold in addition to directly copying the toy mold?

Not sure about the kitbash part, but I know they were based off the original pre-Kawamori, ie better, version.

And on the subject of a possible MP Jazz; Porsche and Lamborghini are both subsidiaries of Volkswagen group. Considering that they where able to get the Countach license, the chances are good they'll be able to get the 935 license as well.

Very cool if they do.

I think they actually bought his designs or something. They are exact copies of the "Wheeljack's Lab" customs, down to the small details and IIRC he did mention something about it. Of course, since igear directly copied the official MP seeker mold (they truly are KO's) I'm sure they'd have no qualms about copying a guy's customs, either...

Not sure about the kitbash part, but I know they were based off the original pre-Kawamori, ie better, version.

No, they're exactly the same as post kawamori version with the conformal fuel tanks that make the arms fat and the funny rounded feet and legs. the main difference is that they modified the tail fins so you can disconnect the bulk of them from the hip mounts and reconnect them to the lower legs. Edited by anime52k8

Yup--they basically made a common fan-mod "at the factory". (I came VERY close to modding my own TC, but never did) IIRC, even making the "sliding joint" move as much as possible, the stabilators still contact the ground (even if you do trim down the tailbooms a bit to give them clearance).

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/toys-r-us-exclusive-masterpiece-soundwave-acid-storm-176775/

There you go mike, TRU will be getting Soundwave in 2013, are you happy now? More importantly, MOTHER frakkING MASTERPIECE ACID STORM!!! (yes, I am that excited by another MP seeker repaint if). fingers crossed TRU Soundwave will have all 5 tapes, I want the complete set and would love an excuse to have two sound waves.

and in even more interesting news:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/voyager-fall-of-cybertron-springer-astrotrain-176776/

SPRINGER!!??! AND ASTROTRAIN?!?!?!?!! AS VOYAGERS!?!!?!?!?!!!!?!?! THAT TRIPLE-CHANGE!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Mind=blown.

For the convenience of others interested in the FOC Springer/Astrotrain thing, here's a pic of the placeholder:

TF2012VOY003.jpg

My only worry is Hasbro's execution of turning the designs into toys. So far the FoC voyagers have been consistently good, though. I'll remain cautiously optimistic until we see start seeing pics of the actual products.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/toys-r-us-exclusive-masterpiece-soundwave-acid-storm-176775/

There you go mike, TRU will be getting Soundwave in 2013, are you happy now?

Yes, I am. And if he does release in July, that's even better. Nice weather for driving around to local stores, no major gift-giving holidays crowding the stores with irritated parents...

and in even more interesting news:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/voyager-fall-of-cybertron-springer-astrotrain-176776/

SPRINGER!!??! AND ASTROTRAIN?!?!?!?!! AS VOYAGERS!?!!?!?!?!!!!?!?! THAT TRIPLE-CHANGE!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Mind=blown.

Hellz yeah!

Not interested in FoC triple-changers. 1, they weren't in the game (or they had such quick cameos I missed them) and 2, it's a big cheat to use cybertronian designs for triple-changes, especially aerial ones---ANYTHING can fly on cybertron, even tanks and cargo ships.

Give me an Astrotrain that's a steam locomotive and a space shuttle, nothing less/else...