DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I dont think they will tell people.

I had an act 5 stand on PO and they just moved it over to discontinued status without telling me.

I had to email them and they said they go in order of who got a request first.

For everyone that went nuts getting multiples at HLJ just remember during the 25A preorders HLJ cancelled people's accounts over that stuff :0

But I think it was listed with one per customer limit and people were opening multiple accounts to order it. In the end the VF-25A, RVF-25, VF-27 super, VF-25F 4th(?) reissue, and YF-25 were all relatively easy to get at release time at regular price. BTW CDjapan still have 6 copies of YF-25, and an open YF-30 pre-order. The only difficult one this year is the YF-29 Ozma AFAIK.

I'm glad I bought the Ozma armor part last year for 13000 yen, when it has to stay in the box for over almost two years. They must be going for crazy price now.

I've had a really rotten day, wasting hours in the afternoon trying to score even 1, with nothing to show for it.
I needed 3 because I have 2 armour and 1 super parts to mount.

So many thanks, wmkjr and joppewo for posting the links!

Edited by SaitouSad

You will have to sand the the neck ball so it can fit into the ball socket properly.

Nice! :rolleyes: Sorry for the trouble. But do you have something more close-up to the head and torso area?

Oh man, wish I could get one. The VF-25F Armored Pack is waiting for him. :lol:

How do you even find the page for the VF-25S Ozma on HobbyLink Japan? Whenever stuff is not in stock, it doesn't even show in a search.

For those folks offering to sell multiples they have ordered to other MW members, I really appreciate the offers, but it would be great if you could offer some credentials when doing so. Like, mention if you're on the striaght shooters list, let folks know you have a positive feedback ebay account, long time members that can vouch for you, etc. Macross World suffers scammers like every other website. We just had several in the last few months. And the reason members here are having trouble ordering these Bandai figures is because scammers/resellers are trolling all the merchandise sellers right now. So please keep that in mind when you're offering these deals to help out others. There a lot of folks here with single or double digit post counts that I've personally never seen. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not eager to hand over $100+ to someone I don't know so I can take them at their word that will send me a VF-25S. Appreciated.

It would be funny if people were banned.

grabbing 3 on every site is kind of pointless.

All I needed was 3 at least (2 armour and 1 super waiting to be mounted).

HLJ didn't seem to indicate a limit this time round. Plus their system actually allowed me to add 2 to a cart.

I'd be pretty miffed if these don't go through, but I'm also cautiously optimistic.

How do you even find the page for the VF-25S Ozma on HobbyLink Japan? Whenever stuff is not in stock, it doesn't even show in a search.

For those folks offering to sell multiples they have ordered to other MW members, I really appreciate the offers, but it would be great if you could offer some credentials when doing so. Like, mention if you're on the striaght shooters list, let folks know you have a positive feedback ebay account, long time members that can vouch for you, etc. Macross World suffers scammers like every other website. We just had several in the last few months. And the reason members here are having trouble ordering these Bandai figures is because scammers/resellers are trolling all the merchandise sellers right now. So please keep that in mind when you're offering these deals to help out others. There a lot of folks here with single or double digit post counts that I've personally never seen. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not eager to hand over $100+ to someone I don't know so I can take them at their word that will send me a VF-25S. Appreciated.

Here you go, Mr. March. ^_^

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban971691/

Thanks to you guys, i manage to secure two pieces of VF-25S for the first time on hlj. *Bows to you*

NY can kiss my arse cos i have being F5ing for close to 4 hours

Btw do you guys select private warehouse or ship when available as your preferred handling method. Sorry to ask this cos im kinda new to HLJ system

It simply depends on if you have other things that you want to ship with it to save money or hassle of multiple packages or both. The cool thing is you have up to 60 days to put items together. THE BAD THING is there is a possibility they screw up the inventory on your order and give you credit or whatever, screwing you out of your item.

The system is great for small stuff that is a month or so apart. But if it is an important item, I would ship separately IMO. But you can ship out of that private warehouse at any time - they are just putting a hold on it.

EDIT: Never mind, they beat me to it.

Edited by Lykaios

I had an act 5 stand on PO and they just moved it over to discontinued status without telling me.

I keep learning new things. Thanks, Gakken85.

I had the exact same thing happen to me with some other items I had on PO and got the same response as you did. I wasn't too concerned about those items, because they were "cool to have", and not "must have" items for my collection. They are still listed as Orders currently in processing.

Sorry to hear about the MWers who wasn't able to get the pre-order. I really thought everyone would get at least one since the HLJ preorder went up. It was up for long time and I was thinking they would have enough stock for everyone. I hope you'll all be able to get one at the next pre-order window, especially those who don't have an Ozma yet.

For my fellow Christians who are into this hobby as well, I have a testimony to make. When I didn't get the preorder on Amiami and NY, I was getting real frustrated. I had been on my laptop for a good number of hours just pressing F5 like everyone else. I realized that I haven't paid my tithes and offerings for the month yet, so on faith, I decided to pay that first, just before dinner. After I had dinner, I went to check my laptop again, and I saw the posts in this thread saying that HLJ was open. I went there and I managed to get a pre-order (I even got two completely by mistake since I wasn't sure I had completed the first order).

I know some Christians think that being in this kind of hobby is a form of idolatry. I personally believe that God wants us to enjoy all of what creation has to offer, even the products of our own hands. But I think he wants us to do so not by hoarding and scalping each other, but by letting everyone have a fair chance to enjoy what others have created. I really doubt that Shoji Kawamori-san and the toy designers at Bandai want to see their creations being hoarded up and sold at triple the price, instead of making people smile in appreciation of what they created. I really think that's what they intended for these toys to do in the end.

I'm really thankful that I'm blessed with enough resources to enjoy luxuries such as this. As soon as HLJ sends me my payment request, I'm cancelling my other extra order. And I really hope that slot goes to someone who will enjoy the toy for what it is, and not use it to cause pain and suffering to others by making them pay for more than the MSRP.

Oh, and I stand by my earlier offer that if anyone in MW lives in Jakarta, I'll be willing to keep the extra order and sell it to you for exactly what I paid for including shipping. But I'll only be willing to sell it to a member who doesn't have an Ozma yet. Just shoot me a pm soon before HLJ asks me for for payment so that I won't cancel the order.

God bless you all, and good night :-)

Not sure if you are serious, but let's hope there isn't a god that cares about whether or not we get fancy molded plastic. He/She has a lot of other work to do that they have been putting off before they decide who does, and who doesn't get a VF-25s.

This is very good advice. I think it is great that some stores have more liberal shipping policies that allow people to provide up front offers to members that missed the first preorders, but patience and integrity will also benefit everyone here.

As an aside, I'm not comfortable selling stuff that I don't have in hand but that's just me.

Edited by technoblue

Good thing I'm on the straight shooters list...bad thing is I don't have a VF-25S to sell, but yeah always be on the lookout for scams

How do members usually sell their POs? I'm wondering if you ship directly or wait til the unit arrives at your own addy? Might help some board members if I ever have any POs I don't need

Edited by Shukenzero

It'll pop up again, and I still refuse to believe that a company as large as Bandai is too silly to recognize that by making the 25S it's essentially the same as printing money, so quantities produced at some point will get where they need to be.

-b.

I had the exact same thing happen to me with some other items I had on PO and got the same response as you did. I wasn't too concerned about those items, because they were "cool to have", and not "must have" items for my collection. They are still listed as Orders currently in processing.

Yeah, I didn't care about a 10 dollar stand, but it is kind of a shitty process.

I agree with Mr. Mach and his comments.

I have nothing against people spending their money any way they chose. Not going to hate or throw salt in your game if you want to buy 10 ozamas and make a transformation diorama. Or even keep them in the box.

And honestly, I have nothing against reselling items. I've done it myself. but it's usually with toys that are pretty easy to come by.

But if you're not sure that you need 3 or whatever, and you're making a PO because you can, just cancel it. You're not going to make much money off them because most people will buy from mandrake or wait for a deal anyway, unless you're just taking it to ebay, and they will still take $15-20 percents + you have to ship it again.

If you're on a site that won't let you cancel plenty of people have arranged swaps at MSRP + shipping.

As for the page itself HLJ doesn't really display these macross pages, you have to search for them. Which is also annoying and adds complexity to the issue.

They basically sell so fast they have no need to promote it on the front page vs having a Hot Toy that will take months to sell.

They also use previous listings from months or years ago, and the price you see for SOLD OUT isn't the usually IN STOCK price.

Also... their shipping dates are usually wrong, because again, they are using old code.

I think it's basically the laziest way to do it.

As much as I don't like AMI AMI they at least show you the preview page so everybody is on the same foot.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

here's a pro-tip. don't rub it in peoples faces when only a handful got successful pre-orders in :mellow: especially if you got multiples on hobby search of amiami with double fraud accounts... when it was one per customer.

hlj did not have a limit for the vf-25s. in the past sometime they do, sometimes they didn't. in this case they didn't. and the window was long for hlj.

not saying it's cool or not but it makes no sense to comment on hlj if you're using fraud accounts to get doubles from hobby search. and no using the brother, mothers sisters account doesn't justify it. let your siblings post themselves then on MW.

just saying :o;):p

I haven't been able to get one--Wm Cheng could still use a "sponsor" from us MW members to get him an Ozma to go with the armor pack etc he already has waiting for it.

Seriously, what other board member has been able to work in Macross visual elements into big-budget Hollywood movies to show support for the franchise?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did you sit this one out, David?

hi technoblue,

last night was the first time i got cart jacked on all four sites in a row. i had them in my cart on each: amiami, hobbysearch, cdjapan, ny.

and i lost them all for a stupid reason. i was eating goldfish, pizza flavored, so i was just using one hand to check out to avoid getting crumbs on my keyboard. it was so slow... lol

i have some coming in but not from any of those sites but direct from jyp.

hi technoblue,

last night was the first time i got cart jacked on all four sites in a row. i had them in my cart on each: amiami, hobbysearch, cdjapan, ny.

and i lost them all for a stupid reason. i was eating goldfish, pizza flavored, so i was just using one hand to check out to avoid getting crumbs on my keyboard. it was so slow... lol

i have some coming in but not from any of those sites but direct from jyp.

LoL. I'm glad you found another source.

Pizza goldfish are hard to resist. :D

Edited by technoblue