DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Pre-orders usually open 3 months before the release date, so at the start of next month.

Amen to that. Finally newcomers like me will have a chance to get one without having to sell their kidney.

I can't see this selling out within a few minutes like the last time. There should be enough of these out there where people won't stalk it like in the past since this has been releases twice already.

Let's hope. I really dont understand why thereis such a shortage of the valks (of any model) made by Bandai. Surely the company is aware of the demand for these products so why not make sufficient numbers for everyone to buy? There is certainly enough demand out there for sellers to put prices up (and people still buy them). Or are these drip by drip releases common business tactics in Japan?

Amen to that. Finally newcomers like me will have a chance to get one without having to sell their kidney.

Let's hope. I really dont understand why thereis such a shortage of the valks (of any model) made by Bandai. Surely the company is aware of the demand for these products so why not make sufficient numbers for everyone to buy? There is certainly enough demand out there for sellers to put prices up (and people still buy them). Or are these drip by drip releases common business tactics in Japan?

It's good for you since you're a newcomer. I've wondered what I would have done if I hadn't stumbled across this site back in 2009.

I do think that part of it is that retailers an gun-shy about Macross products now. Between the poor selling V1 Bandai stuff and all of the Yamato variants that clogged retailer warehouses I think if the manufacturers don't make sure to limit their productions the resellers won't bother stocking the products. So instead we have artificial shortages so there isn't as much stock left. And even still we've seen a few shelf-warmers.

Edited by Mommar

Bandai Doesn't really care about the markets outside of Japan, but it looks like maybe the induction of more stock maybe a sign that Bandai has noticed international sales are selling more products equaling more money. It makes more sense, and it creates a virtual legal loophole to seling Macross products outside of their contracted area.

It seems as if only a few models of valks aren't popular ( VF-27 and VF-171CF ) are hold over's. But the Hero valks still move.

funny enough that 25A gets restocked at a few places and is gone instantly.

I sure hope the 25-G gets announced soon, I really need one more. So I can keep my skull squad display with Ozma armored and the rest super parted up in fighter. I already have 3 Alto's because I was banking on a Tornado parts release. Bandai stop playing with me and release the damn 25-S I have a spare set of armor parts waiting for a armored Ozma Battroid display.

Would have liked to score another 25A (even though I have more than enough of them) I'm glad to see that there are still the occasional surprise re-stock.

With the announcement of the 25F re-issue it's a very fair bet that the 25G will be re-issued to coincide with the release of that particular Tornado pack too.

The 25S will come soon enough and even though I'm in the camp that wants another, with all of these releases (Arcadia's YF-19, Bandai's YF-25, 25F & G Tornado Packs, Armor Packs for Isamu's YF-29 and the 25A AND the YF-29 Ozma) I'm happy to give my wallet some time to recuperate.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

you know what would be funny if they reissue the 25g then reissue luca's right after and make us wait till the vf-0d comes out to release the 25s.

I don't quite get the Planter joke. anybody care to explain?

owning 4 x 25Fs, I guess I'm glad I can skip the reissue. On the other hand this latest reissue should see some nice tight joints like the 25A

Damn you Bandai. Not only do you make previous versions obsolete but also the same toy because you not able to produce a toy without any flaws the first time around! *shakes fist in anger*

Speaking about the 25A, is Bandai licensed to release stuff from the Macross Triangle Frontier game? Because i love the green tornado and it is making me think of buying another alto set to repaint it green if they aren't able to release as such..

01612.jpg

AND of course, this one too! Since YF-25's releasing soon.

02111.jpg

Edited by close313

it wasn't a full renewal, and I think it suffers from some looseness after transforming a few times.

Ah I see. Bandai are probably going to release a renewal of that one too at this rate. Since I've already bought a 27 I will have to decide if I want to display it in fighter or batroid mode and then leave it in peace behind glass. :)

I do wonder if the 25 renewal re-release (v3?) will bring the prices down for the existing renewals (v2) in the aftermarket?

The 27 with super parts was a small update of the initial mold with all the improvements from the 25 renewal (v2). But the first 27 was already a great toy.

The incoming 25F should be exactly the same mold as the renewal V2. Thus increasing the model availability and decreasing the price tag!

I don't know what could be really an interesting improvement to have make a V3 but I wouldn't mind buy re-renewal with a better ankle mechanism, better landing gears and sleeker super parts!

The 27 with super parts was a small update of the initial mold with all the improvements from the 25 renewal (v2). But the first 27 was already a great toy.

The incoming 25F should be exactly the same mold as the renewal V2. Thus increasing the model availability and decreasing the price tag!

I don't know what could be really an interesting improvement to have make a V3 but I wouldn't mind buy re-renewal with a better ankle mechanism, better landing gears and sleeker super parts!

The thing is that the 27 didn't have all of the improvements of the 25. That's one of the reasons why I skipped it.