DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Well yeah, but then everything else will look off instead :p

Or actually install fluorescent bulbs in your display case and everything in there will eventually yellow over time and the greenish tint will become more beige as a result. ;)

It was like this with Bandai's version 1 RVF-25. The color mismatch was merely bad under sunlight and neutral white light, but hideous under more yellowish lights like soft white fluorescents and incandescents.

The VF-171 also looked more teal under neutral white/sunlight while greenish under soft white since the more yellow you add to the blue, the greener it looks. Under cool white lighting (>=5500k), it would look even bluer.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to apply the points i have accumalated at hobbysearch to my order? cant seem to figure it out.

thanks

in advance

There's a "Point Usage" check box at the bottom of the page on Step 2 of the check out process.

Ps. I've been sending you PM's the past few days. Have you not been getting them? I'm trying to pay for Hulk and need your paypal info.

Does the crotch plate fall off easily on anyone else's 25A?

It was never a problem with the F,G,S or RVF, but my 27 and this 25A both have crotch plates that fall off easily during transformation or sometimes just normal handling.

No problem with the crotch on my 25A. My 27 though, ugh! Need to nail polish that piece.

Ohh my.... that look awesome!! what colour did you use .?

I had to mix it myself. I used brown, black and olive green and just mixing it until I got it to where I wanted it. I think I got it to about 99% match. When looking at it up close and comparing, it's extremely difficult to tell if there's any difference.

The only part where I strayed from how they appear in the MF episodes is where I put the stripes on the wings and how thick they are. In the show, the lines would be about half the thickness and positioned adjascent, directly below where I painted the stripes. But I thought that looked silly because they had the stripe on the wing glove and the stripes on the wings didn't continue off that. So I painted it the way I did instead since it made more sense to me.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

My pair of 25A's showed up yesterday evening. It's pretty much the color I expected and wanted it to be. I'm not sure where that green color is coming from in other photos but considering my house is fully lit with either incandescent or natural light I may never experience that additional green shade.

It's pretty cool looking, it looks better than the other four 25's in every mode IMO.

The crotch pieces on both seem to be nice and tight, however the nose cone on my second valk is extremely loose and doesn't really want to sit flush in fighter/gerwalk. That's a bit frustrating, I may make it the designated CF Battroid one, though I have such a hard time transforming these things to battroid I'm worried the first one doesn't already have chipped paint from the portion you have to stuff under the chest piece (my RVF-25 is already messed up because of that.)

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

I masked and painted the stripes on mine. I think it looks much better now.

DSC_5297.jpg

DSC_5304.jpg

DSC_5305.jpg

This is the one time i don't like seeing your work. because it makes me not want to open my new valk with joy...

really awesome work with the stripes on... now i can't go back to mine... I blame you Bandai for being lazy w the paint apps.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Outstanding MJ!!! Exactly what I want to do to mine when I get it. It turned out beautifully and really adds to the scheme. Congrats, can't wait to see it all weathered up and panel lined.

I didn't think it would be possible to paint the forward fuselage stripes without taking apart the LERX side pieces - how does it look when its transformed? Did you spray them with the partially transformed or are you left with some triangular spots that didn't get the paint? Can anyone tell me how to take apart the forward section to separate the LERX pieces so I can paint in behind?

This is the one time i don't like seeing your work. because it makes me not want to open my new valk with joy...

really awesome work with the stripes on... now i can't go back to mine... I blame you Bandai for being lazy w the paint apps.

Nah man, I liked the look of the Tan CF based on the pics from the Master File books which don't have those stripes. I think my 25's look fine without them.

Outstanding MJ!!! Exactly what I want to do to mine when I get it. It turned out beautifully and really adds to the scheme. Congrats, can't wait to see it all weathered up and panel lined.

I didn't think it would be possible to paint the forward fuselage stripes without taking apart the LERX side pieces - how does it look when its transformed? Did you spray them with the partially transformed or are you left with some triangular spots that didn't get the paint? Can anyone tell me how to take apart the forward section to separate the LERX pieces so I can paint in behind?

Thanks, I already finished up the panel lining last night after I painted the stripes. I'll probably get around to the weathering part over the weekend.

I sprayed it as shown in my first pic with all the masking tape. I could have sprayed it with the LERX angled perpendicular to the fuselage, but in the end it doesn't really matter because you only see the unpainted section in the process of transformation, but is hidden in any of the three modes. You don't really need to take the LERX off unless really being really OCD about painting areas that will never see the light of day. ;) Just angle them upwards and you'll be able to get at the visible sections.

A word of caution to anyone else who wants to try what I did - I performed a test transformation and to my dismay, the inner sides of the LERX does cause paint scrape in visible areas to the painted area of the fuselage when it swivels. I shaved down the sides of the LERX a little and repainted. Hopefully I shaved off enough. I'm letting the paint dry before I try again.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nah man, I liked the look of the Tan CF based on the pics from the Master File books which don't have those stripes. I think my 25's look fine without them.

thanks! makes me feel better a bit...