DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Does the mass production version of the VF-171 use the same color armor packs as Alto's custom? I kinda don't want to have to buy a second armor set later on down the line if Bandai releases a blue mass production VF-171... But then again, the wings would be the wrong color. Dammit! :angry:

The CFs only sported armor packs in the second film and yes, the packs are the same.

That's probably why Bandai decided to make the hard point wings only available with the exclusive parts. To make the 171EX parts set non-compatible with the potential future CF release.

That's probably why Bandai decided to make the hard point wings only available with the exclusive parts. To make the 171EX parts set non-compatible with the potential future CF release.

Dammit, that makes sense. Bastages.

On the other hand, EVERY CF 171 in the show was loaded with the missiles included in the armor pack. So maybe we'll get hard point wings and missiles bundled with the CF 171! (...not holding my breath)

Dammit, that makes sense. Bastages. On the other hand, EVERY CF 171 in the show was loaded with the missiles included in the armor pack. So maybe we'll get hard point wings and missiles bundled with the CF 171! (...not holding my breath)

I wouldn't count on it. Bandai will make every effort to get you to buy the exclusive parts for the CF. Another incentive to get you to buy the exclusive would be to include reaction missiles that attach to the wing hard points. The armored CF 171's in the second film were loaded with reaction missiles rather than the standard payload seen on the 171EX.

Edited by IXTL

Did you notice AmiAmi has an extra 10x point offer on the main page?

Thanks for reminding! Seriously, I didn't notice that!!!!

However, when I switched over to using PayPal for payment and tried to complete the transaction, it returns a system error...

YIKES. Do they work on Saturdays?

Paid for my order at Amiami.

I also ordered the parts at Nippon-Yasan this time. Normally I go with Tokyo-Hunter, but I decided to give NY a try, since I don't have to pay up front. Nothing personal, since TH is great, but I just didn't have the money to pay up front this time. Too much stuff I have to pay for in the next couple of months.

I'll say it again, we all have transformable wallets:

With every macross release they have the ability to transform into empty ones.

For sure. I just paid for my 171 plus some other stuff at Amiami, and I've still got to pay for some Transformers and potential SDCC purchases in July... just not enough money to go around. I need a raise. haha.

Another sad day for me. I just got an email from dendenhobby.com that they won't be able to fulfull my order as they only 5% of their order. Still, not too sad as I've been buying Yamato stuff lately and this justs confirms my desire to leave the Frontier stuff out of my display until Yamato gets the license.

So, I ordered the weapons pack from NY, and in the process, discovered that they still list the VF-171 as available.. and figured what the heck, I'll see what happens. Oddly, EMS was one of the cheaper shipping methods.

Now it's a race to see who sends me one first... although, NY may wait to send me both at once, which may not be helpful. I dunno how they deal with orders of mixed in-stock and preorder items.

Another sad day for me. I just got an email from dendenhobby.com that they won't be able to fulfull my order as they only 5% of their order. Still, not too sad as I've been buying Yamato stuff lately and this justs confirms my desire to leave the Frontier stuff out of my display until Yamato gets the license.

I also just got that same email. Luckily I did not put all of my trust in them and pre-ordered elsewhere. Now I feel uneasy with my one VF-25G pre order at Nippon Yasan...

Same here. It also bugs me that they are making me ask for my deposit back rather than just giving it to me automatically.

Ouch... hope this isn't going to be the case with HK sellers in general.

I might have missed it, but did Bandai give a release date for the armor parts? The lead time on the VF-25 super and armor packs was easily 6 months, but they also didn't release any images of the super packs this close to the release of the VF-25F.

Bleh. I hate this whole process. I'm not even worried about getting the super parts, but I wonder if I'll even get a VF-171 to put them on. :p Actually.. no, that's not my biggest concern.. I'm more worried that I'm impatient, and I'm hemorrhaging money all over the place to make sure I get one. :lol: I might wind up with extras to resell though, so at least it benefits people who missed out.

Oh.. well goody. Yeah, that was probably really dumb to order them together from NY. :lol:

Might have to cancel that order, and just order the super parts. Now.. if I can just find how to modify an order..

Can't cancel preorders with NY... your only option is to not pay when payment is due, and they'll cancel it along with anything else you have preordered through them (they'll refund you for anything paid for up front).

Edited by ultraman zoffy

Same here. It also bugs me that they are making me ask for my deposit back rather than just giving it to me automatically.

Me too though I'm just tempted use the deposit and the $10 inconvenience credit towards a Yamato VF-11C...

Me too though I'm just tempted use the deposit and the $10 inconvenience credit towards a Yamato VF-11C...

Ooooo I love the vf-11 for being the generic CF. I got the m7 variant and just love it to death. Not a single quirk on that sucker!

Not to mention its so damn cheap!

Also had an issue paying Amiami via credit card and I sent the payment by PayPal. Hope there's no problem with it, since I already pre-ordered the armor parts through Tokyo-Hunter B))

So did I. For some reason Amiami doesn't like my CC, the same one I use everywhere. Whatever. paid with paypal. Your order should be fine.

Yes. December of 2012. :)

I hate how we see the fiinished photos, but still have to wait six months. :(

I just woke up this morning (at 10:45am, god bless summer break) to find receipt of payment emails form HLJ/Paypal in my inbox (paypal billing agreement).

so that's the good news.

bad news is PayPal's currency conversion is a load of crap. F*cking 77.5 yen to a dollar my ass, it's been holding right around 80 for over a week. but it was still cheaper than I was expecting because I forgot to change my shipping method and now it's coming SAL. GOD F*CKING DAMMIT 1ttvnd.gif

I didn't get that email yet........ :unsure:

Can't cancel preorders with NY... your only option is to not pay when payment is due, and they'll cancel it along with anything else you have preordered through them (they'll refund you for anything paid for up front).

Well I went ahead and paid upfront for both the valk and super packs, thinking I might get lucky, and get a VF-171 from them quickly. I don't want to cancel the super parts preorder, but I don't know how they treat orders of multiple items that get released at different times. Probably just have to contact them about that directly, since if they do have the 171 in stock, I don't want to wait six months for it. :lol: