1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

No real loss for non-Japanese collectors with this initial (pre) pre-order.

It wasn't binding as mentioned a few times before in this thread. The proper pre-order will open in Aug with the price listed and those who made the earlier pre-order will have to order again but they will get a 5% discount. I see this move as Yamato gauging demand.

Unless you had someone in Japan willing to order it on your behalf,you weren't missing out since it's only available to Japanese residents anyway.

Gaijins only need to worry once the usual proxy buyers (NY, TH) put up orders.

Edited by IXTL

I wonder if that slit on the belly will allow for a gunpod to be stored... ?

There is another one under the nose cone, so I guess those are used when those sections are folded together in battroide mode? It'd be cool too if they use that to store gunpod.

The fin in front of the landing gear goes into that slit, I'm guessing.

nm... I'm wrong, it seems like those two slits line up when folded.

the more I look at the battroid mode, the more I like it. It reminds me of the Knock Turn in Chase Cruiser Blasty.

Here's an image I posted earlier.

gallery_151_556_428457.jpg

I still don't understand what is the mechanism for the storage of the upper leg inside the fuselage in fighter mode.

If you look at the picture from the bottom. There's a small bit of red stripe near the tip of the middle finger. That red strip runs diagonally around the thigh in Gerwalk/Battroid. It partially protrudes from the boosters and is covered by two panels on the bottom of the fuselage. The actual mechanism for covering/uncovering might be more complex but essentially they're just covered up by a panel.

Remember folks.

Always wear protection while fingering your Valkyries.

I prefer to finger my valks raw! :p

Is it just me or does the VF look a little to small.

It's really funny how it looked huge when pictured alone. Now that there is a hand in the picture it does look small. I doubt the guy has really big hands, unless it's some gaijin molesting it with gloves as most Japanese people don't have huge hands.

Well how big do you guys need it..?

I think that it didn't do the Battroid mode any favors posing it next to the painted Fighter version. They either should have been both untouched or both painted. Especially considering the Battroid on this one is pretty messy to begin with.

Is it just me or does the VF look a little to small.

No bigger than the VF-1 toy. Remember, at some point in the franchise, Valkyries got bigger. Compare it to the VF-0 and the VF-0 is HUGE, but same size there abouts to the YF-19, and VF-25.

I'm still impressed at how decent they managed to make the battroid mode look. Especially compared to some of the other models I've seen. I could actually see myself posing it in battroid mode for a decent amount of time

Yeah, there's a ridiculous amount of anime magic involved in this thing's battroid line art (more than other valks imo), and they managed to do a pretty decent looking job regardless.

Yeah, there's a ridiculous amount of anime magic involved in this thing's battroid line art (more than other valks imo), and they managed to do a pretty decent looking job regardless.

IMO the YF-21's line art required more magic, especially with the proportions. Yamato managed to make a decent toy conversion so I'm not surprised they did well on the -4 as well.

looking at the fighter mode pics, it appears that this VF-4G will come with a pilot figure of YOU!

If that's the case then I'm taking the pilot figure and stuffing it in the VF-25s Renewal :)

Anyways the Vf-4 looks awesome and I can't wait to get it, I hope Nano has a group buy

Edited by Murphy