1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I so love this valk! these pictures are wonderful thanks to those who supplied them.

Ok another thing I noticed just from pics there will be no pylon weapons or gunpod as I see no place to attach them on the 2 models.

The guns are integrated on the VF-4, I think it was noted that a gunpod is optional in batteroid mode. I have plenty of spare gunpods though, if I ever decide to pose in batroid mode with a gunpod.

Loving it! Would really like to see the underside of fighter mode to see how flush the thighs sit.

Chris

Hopefully EXO can find a few more Upskirt shots :p , from the pictures shown so far this VF-4 looks about as solid as it gets!! Even the landing gear, especially the rear looks like it should.

My Visa card is crying right now, gonna be a pricey purchase.

Thanks for all the amazing photos!

I love the rear moveable control surfaces. We gotta be able to get this in North America... that's my biggest worry now. All other expenditures are now on hold to make budgetary room for his baby (regardless of cost!).

I don't think you should assume it's coming with a stand at all but that WOULD be very cool of Yamato to include one.

Just from a logical standpoint, it would make no sense for them to make an adapter for battroid mode that looks like it only works with the SV-51/YF-21 type stand which you could only obtain with the SV-51 and the first release of the YF-21 than the more widely available launch arm and mighty block stands... unless they either planned on including the stands or finally making these stands available separately.

The only other valk they released that came with adapters for that stand but didn't include the stand itself was the VF-22S which they just lazied out and reused the YF-21 adapters. The fighter and GERWALK adapters could be used with either type of stand since they also had the launch arm type peg built into the adapters, but the battroid adapter was useless if you didn't already have a stand from the 21 or SV-51 or if they were already being used by said valks.

Personally, I'd rather they not include the stand as that would make the price higher. I just hope they have a battroid mode adapter that works with the launch arm and mighty blocks as well.

This is going to be one hell of an expensive toy!!

There, fixed it!.. ;)

I'm so going to have to come up with some really convincing, self-excusing, platitude in order to justify buying this thing, but buy this thing I will. ^_^

Where are all the nitpickers to ruin the mood?

"That very long grey noise is really standing out in the Battroid mode like you know what."

Actually I think the darker color will make it less obvious.

Should we all email HLJ to encourage them to try again to getting it listed?

A majority of the fans don't know that the VF-4 has a Fast Pack anyways.

I say we don't need em.

I wouldn't advise Yamato to make them... but "need" is a funny word when you're talking about toys that cost over $250.

Preorder just closed.... Will reopen on mid august again... Another mad rush

So that was the pre-order? I thought it was an email subscription, what without any price listed...

This hobby is becoming increasingly frustrating. :wacko:

Yes, so they can set the price. But the people that put their name down get 5% off if they choose to honor that order. 10% if they are part of the Yamato Fan Club. This was announced to close today, July 30. It's all been posted before. This has been going on since July 4th. Well it was July 5th in Japan.